EA stops online pass policy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2013, 12:06 AM
EA stops online pass policy
EA has ceased to demand online pass to access multiplayer, donnu about the DRM stuff, but strange that they accually did something we want too.

http://pixelenemy.com/rest-in-peace-ea-o...s-program/

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
16-05-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: EA stops online pass policy
I find this depressing. The reason EA had that was so they could own dedicated servers for their games to play on....massively decreased lag and helped manage server issues because they didn't have to go through MSoft. I enjoyed playing their games even with the extra 10 bucks (if bought used, if you buy it new you get the pass for no extra charge), because they were cleaner online.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
16-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Depends where you live.
EA has dedicated servers sure, but not in my country.
I have to connect to Australia (which still isn't that bad really). Where as with CoD with player to player I can connect to a host just down the road.
aka, CoD matchmaking system > BF matchmaking system.
Also I don't get the hype about being able to pick a room to play in, it ruins it if you ask me because the host can set the perimeters and so you end up a couple rooms with enough people in to make it worth while playing, but all on the same one map which is on repeat.
It's like cool, BF3 is awesome but I would have liked Dice to include more maps then just Metro... oh wait, it's just because the players are only making metro rooms... I fucking hate that map!

Being able to pick rooms ruins multiplayer.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
20-05-2013, 12:23 PM
I just set my BF 3 filter to not include maps I didn't enjoy playing...there were plenty of servers out there playing other maps.

And honestly, Hosting via CoD is a terrible thing in practice with things like Lag switching, host migrations, horrid internet host....ping associated with Host's has caused me to be killed many times when I should have been the killer. Also, the matchmaking via COD has no thought in mind when it comes to skill level....I play with prestige masters all the time as a first prestige and get demolished...not a very fun play experience. Now, BF3 didn't have a very good rank system either....but at least you could pick better who you played with since it listed all the gamertags in the lobby selection screen.

I think the main thing that was stand out with BF 3 and the dedicated servers to me was lag. I wasn't relying on a host to provide a stable connection, we were all equal on the same server.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
22-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Where are you located though? The states?

And lag switching was rare (on xbox at least) anyway as is host migration (though back in cod4 where it ended the game when a host left, balls to that). Never had a problem facing good players, probably because I was fucking awesome at that game though... Consider
Though prestige is hardly a reflection of skill, often the rank 80 no prestige guys were far far better then the rank 80 10th prestige guys. It's hard to judge a players skill until you play them, and even then play them for a couple rounds, in CoD.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
24-05-2013, 10:32 AM
(22-05-2013 02:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Where are you located though? The states?

And lag switching was rare (on xbox at least) anyway as is host migration (though back in cod4 where it ended the game when a host left, balls to that). Never had a problem facing good players, probably because I was fucking awesome at that game though... Consider
Though prestige is hardly a reflection of skill, often the rank 80 no prestige guys were far far better then the rank 80 10th prestige guys. It's hard to judge a players skill until you play them, and even then play them for a couple rounds, in CoD.

I have lived in Europe, Asia, and the United States, and host migration and lag plagued my experience in Call of Duty throughout all regions. I average a solid 60mbps in Europe, about 120mbps in Japan, and a solid gigabit connection in the states. Your connection often has little to do with it, since CoD servers are host-based, meaning one of the players is receiving and transmitting most essential server information to all other connected players. What's more, the most recent releases tried to make up for their hosting problems via lag compensation. If one person lags, everyone shares the shitty connection speed.

At least with BF3, individuals could rent and host their own servers, even on console releases. This would enable you to specifically find, bookmark, or create servers that are friendly to your regional connection speed.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab