EFO Martial Arts Self Defence. With no Touching.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: EFO Martial Arts Self Defence. With no Touching.
(12-12-2013 09:16 PM)Tazay Wrote:  All the excuses pretty much Used in this video.

http://youtu.be/_Z0_n7tGnK0

If you have to make excuses to explain why something didn't work like that. Maybe you should start questioning if it is actually real.
just a heads up bud, to post video, copy the web address from the video want to show click on the icon that looks like a TV and from the dropdown menu select the source and then paste the web address.

Yup this is the one I saw! lol
CHI BALL!!!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 10:25 PM
That Yellow Bamboo is like a re-enactment of this:

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
12-12-2013, 10:53 PM
(12-12-2013 09:58 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 09:16 PM)Tazay Wrote:  All the excuses pretty much Used in this video.

http://youtu.be/_Z0_n7tGnK0

If you have to make excuses to explain why something didn't work like that. Maybe you should start questioning if it is actually real.
just a heads up bud, to post video, copy the web address from the video want to show click on the icon that looks like a TV and from the dropdown menu select the source and then paste the web address.

Yup this is the one I saw! lol
CHI BALL!!!

Oh look at that.. Tongue Thanks I edited the posts i made.
13-12-2013, 12:05 AM

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
13-12-2013, 12:19 AM
(12-12-2013 08:17 PM)Tazay Wrote:  I find stuff like this is on the extreme of scamming people along the same lines of Faith Healing. Your opinion on people trying to 'sell' stuff like this?

Some of them really believe they have this magic power. Look at the guy in the video that Revenant posted or the video from Stan Lee's Superhumans that I posted. They wouldn't test themselves if they didn't believe their own shit. It's the same with TV Psychics some of them really believe they have the ability to communicate with the dead.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 08:48 AM
There's a really deceptive studio near where I live. Master Guy Savelli and his family appear to be fairly normal at first look. They teach dancing and martial arts. The martial arts that beginners take is mostly real stuff with a little WOO thrown in to plant the seed.

I actually took some classes at their studio. My skeptic sense started tingling as soon as the spirituality talk started, but I ignored it for the most part. After a few sessions, Guy called in our group of friends for a private session. Here, he said, he would teach us the true secrets of martial arts.

It was all WOO. He started giving "demonstrations" of energy attacks and "showed" us how he could knock over all three of his sons with a glance. He also claimed that his power was derived from his spirit animal, a tiger, and once we learned to harness the energy, we would see his face turn into a tiger's when he used energy attacks.

Savelli Dance and Martial Arts

Check out their page. Aside from some spirituality talk, there is really no mention of the woo stuff. I guess you have to be "chosen" to get that super duper secret knowledge.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
13-12-2013, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 10:51 AM by grizzlysnake.)
(13-12-2013 08:48 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  There's a really deceptive studio near where I live. Master Guy Savelli and his family appear to be fairly normal at first look. They teach dancing and martial arts. The martial arts that beginners take is mostly real stuff with a little WOO thrown in to plant the seed.

I actually took some classes at their studio. My skeptic sense started tingling as soon as the spirituality talk started, but I ignored it for the most part. After a few sessions, Guy called in our group of friends for a private session. Here, he said, he would teach us the true secrets of martial arts.

It was all WOO. He started giving "demonstrations" of energy attacks and "showed" us how he could knock over all three of his sons with a glance. He also claimed that his power was derived from his spirit animal, a tiger, and once we learned to harness the energy, we would see his face turn into a tiger's when he used energy attacks.

Check out their page. Aside from some spirituality talk, there is really no mention of the woo stuff. I guess you have to be "chosen" to get that super duper secret knowledge.
There usually is a type of spiritual element to the martial arts but think that's mainly due to tradition.respect the dojo and leave all of life burdens outside or something like that. I'm sure they didn't mean brains. He can do legitimate martial arts right? What's with all the magical shit? I can get the spirit animal thing if taking as metaphorically, there are many styles built on observations on animals, right? I could understand that but this magical powers shit is very unhelpful and cultish.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-12-2013, 01:32 PM
(13-12-2013 10:48 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 08:48 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  There's a really deceptive studio near where I live. Master Guy Savelli and his family appear to be fairly normal at first look. They teach dancing and martial arts. The martial arts that beginners take is mostly real stuff with a little WOO thrown in to plant the seed.

There usually is a type of spiritual element to the martial arts but think that's mainly due to tradition.respect the dojo and leave all of life burdens outside or something like that. I'm sure they didn't mean brains. He can do legitimate martial arts right? What's with all the magical shit? I can get the spirit animal thing if taking as metaphorically, there are many styles built on observations on animals, right? I could understand that but this magical powers shit is very unhelpful and cultish.

Yeah, that's the craziest thing. The guy is actually a pretty good martial artist. I'd seen him and his sons fight at a tournament once. It was why I looked into his school.

I understand the spiritual aspect of martial arts. I've dealt with it in every school I've gone to and the "spirit animal" as a metaphor is fine by me. But no, he literally believes that the spirit of a specific tiger inhabits his body and shows through when he does his energy BS. I went into his school with a great deal of respect and admiration for him, but walked out shaking my head. All respect dissolved.

It really isn't helpful to the study of martial arts. I'd really like to study under someone who doesn't want me to use Chi. I'd rather use physics.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
13-12-2013, 01:41 PM
(12-12-2013 08:17 PM)Tazay Wrote:  

Found this little bit on Reddit earlier today.

I find stuff like this is on the extreme of scamming people along the same lines of Faith Healing. Your opinion on people trying to 'sell' stuff like this?

I don't think I would be able to stop myself punching that guy in the face.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
13-12-2013, 03:37 PM
(13-12-2013 01:41 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 08:17 PM)Tazay Wrote:  

Found this little bit on Reddit earlier today.

I find stuff like this is on the extreme of scamming people along the same lines of Faith Healing. Your opinion on people trying to 'sell' stuff like this?

I don't think I would be able to stop myself punching that guy in the face.

If you did you could say "Sorry I was holding my tongue wrong". xP
[+] 1 user Likes Tazay's post