EMDR Therapy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2017, 02:08 PM
RE: EMDR Therapy?
(19-05-2017 09:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Never heard of it. Let's see what pubmed has to say.

Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR): a meta-analysis.

Looks effective for PTSD but apparently it's not the eye movement that matters but the probe questions involved. Guess that's why VoR's (value of Rob) doc used sound.

Give it a go and tell us what happens. Maybe the eye movement is supposed to distract you to put your brain in a less defensive posture?

Interesting. My therapist mainly asked me to just say whatever came into my mind at various intervals, and only added questions as he saw fit. It was very strange.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2017, 05:23 PM
[Image: TOS3x14g.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like big green mouth's post
19-05-2017, 07:33 PM
EMDR Therapy?
(18-05-2017 10:33 AM)Emma Wrote:  Has anyone done EMDR therapy? Any comments on how well it works, if so?

After talking to my therapist, she recommended it for me, and I had never heard of it. I'm curious about it, trying to do some research to make sure it's not a sham before agreeing to it.

I just did some quick reading on it as I've never heard about it before. I must say that I feel skeptical about its effectiveness.

I don't mean to be nosey but what disorder are you trying to treat?
Find all posts by this user
19-05-2017, 08:18 PM
(19-05-2017 05:23 PM)big green mouth Wrote:  [Image: TOS3x14g.png]

Hey, how did you get that picture! My therapist assured me it was for internal use only Tongue

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post