EPA to officially challenge climate change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 06:35 AM
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/epa-launc...e-science/

This blatant attempt at undermining the credibility of scientists in favor of pseudoscience bullshit/propaganda is absurd. It is clear that people have been placed in charge of organizations they have no business managing because they fail to understand even the most basic premises of science publishing and peer review

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 16 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
03-07-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: EPA to officially challenge climate change?
(03-07-2017 06:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/epa-launc...e-science/

This blatant attempt at undermining the credibility of scientists in favor of pseudoscience bullshit/propaganda is absurd. It is clear that people have been placed in charge of organizations they have no business managing because they fail to understand even the most basic premises of science publishing and peer review

None of this is in good faith. It's just lying to delay any useful action, for the benefit of fossil fuel interests.
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
03-07-2017, 08:37 AM
(03-07-2017 08:36 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 06:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/epa-launc...e-science/

None of this is in good faith. It's just lying to delay any useful action, for the benefit of fossil fuel interests.

This fact is rather blatant too. It's a completely dishonest cloud of bullshit from the bullshit administration

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
03-07-2017, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 08:58 AM by GirlyMan.)
I used to think Chomsky's virulent attacks on The Man were kind of vulgar and demeaning for Chomsky. Sorta diminished his scientific achievements somehow for wading into the muck to wrestle pigs. I no longer think that. It's gonna be hard for a bunch of mainly introverted, non-confrontational geek scientists to go full Chomsky on these assholes (see this, for example, even when scientists realize its time to go full asshole, they can't help but do it politely and qualify it), but I'm afraid at this point they have little choice left.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-07-2017, 08:56 AM
(03-07-2017 08:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I used to think Chomsky's virulent attacks on The Man were kind of vulgar and demeaning for Chomsky. Sorta diminished his scientific achievements somehow for wading into the muck to wrestle pigs. I no longer think that. It's gonna be hard for a bunch of mainly introverted, non-confrontational geek scientists to go full Chomsky on these assholes (see this, for example, even when scientists realize its time to go full asshole, they can't help but do it politely and qualify it), but I'm afraid at this point they have little choice left.

You can't have rational and logical discourse with those being illogical and irrational.

But can you point out the errors of their ways in a sufficient manner while being a bit of a dick? Maybe, but you've got to avoid trying to be insulting and patronizing. And when you're talking to ignorant people, it's easy to come across that way even if that's not the intent.

Fucking hell Dodgy

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
03-07-2017, 09:01 AM
(03-07-2017 08:56 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 08:53 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I used to think Chomsky's virulent attacks on The Man were kind of vulgar and demeaning for Chomsky. Sorta diminished his scientific achievements somehow for wading into the muck to wrestle pigs. I no longer think that. It's gonna be hard for a bunch of mainly introverted, non-confrontational geek scientists to go full Chomsky on these assholes (see this, for example, even when scientists realize its time to go full asshole, they can't help but do it politely and qualify it), but I'm afraid at this point they have little choice left.

You can't have rational and logical discourse with those being illogical and irrational.

But can you point out the errors of their ways in a sufficient manner while being a bit of a dick? Maybe, but you've got to avoid trying to be insulting and patronizing. And when you're talking to ignorant people, it's easy to come across that way even if that's not the intent.

Fucking hell Dodgy

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

Let me formulate the proper response for those scientists too squeamish to do so, "Science is not a high school debate club, you fucking imbeciles."

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2017, 05:42 AM
(03-07-2017 08:56 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

Fucking hell Dodgy

Cheers
TheBeardedDude
Bwaaahahahahaha

Laughat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-07-2017, 07:22 AM

Don't worry cuz Jebus. Drinking Beverage

Got into it with a Trump supporter. He said that you can't trust science because it's always changing, theories have "zero" evidence and that Darwin is the saint of atheists. The Big Bang is not accurate, evolution is used to deny god, Climate change is just a plot and on and on. Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
04-07-2017, 04:36 PM
(04-07-2017 07:22 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  

Don't worry cuz Jebus. Drinking Beverage

Got into it with a Trump supporter. He said that you can't trust science because it's always changing, theories have "zero" evidence and that Darwin is the saint of atheists. The Big Bang is not accurate, evolution is used to deny god, Climate change is just a plot and on and on. Weeping

Ask him if that means he's gonna throw away his meds. And what they are in case there's something good in there.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post