EPA to officially challenge climate change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-07-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: EPA to officially challenge climate change?
As an American of the 4th of July I'd like to announce that this experiment failed. We've proven ourselves incapable of running a responsible democracy and we are a menace to the world. In fact, our very existence is an existential threat. Mother England, even though you haven't done much better over the last 2.5 centuries or so, please take us back. We can't govern ourselves. We need to move back home.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like I'mFred's post
04-07-2017, 05:14 PM
What angers me the most is our taxes are going toward this fucking nonsense.

So we can't afford healthcare, but we can afford this GARBAGE "research"??

I would like to wake up from this nightmare any time now.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
04-07-2017, 05:17 PM
It's like we aren't already a big enough laughing stock. Now we truly must display and parade how incredibly short sighted and selfish we are.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2017, 05:20 PM
(04-07-2017 04:57 PM)ImFred Wrote:  As an American of the 4th of July I'd like to announce that this experiment failed. We've proven ourselves incapable of running a responsible democracy and we are a menace to the world. In fact, our very existence is an existential threat. Mother England, even though you haven't done much better over the last 2.5 centuries or so, please take us back. We can't govern ourselves. We need to move back home.

Nah. The Founding Fathers anticipated Trump with their wobbly 3-legged stool and fundamental protections for the 4th estate carpenter responsible for leveling and maintenance. The main reason I have confidence in the resiliency of a system designed by a bunch of old white men who liked to get drunk and prance about in women's clothes while designing a new socio-economic system is that a bunch of them were Trump. Grampa wandering off campus again was not unfamiliar to their ranks. ... That and the fact that they were drunk. And dressed up in women's clothes.

I think this is the best 4th of July ever.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2017, 05:21 PM
What does that mean? Is the challenge to "climate change" or to the notion of "man-made global warming" that some believe can be halted if all countries get on board?

What terms did the EPA use? Sorry that I cannot watch videos with my ancient browser.

It is obvious that the planet's climate is changing. Does the Trump administration deny that fact?

Is there any reasonable person that denies that throughout its history the climate of our planet has changed and is capable of changing again?

Shouldn't there be disagreement on how this fact is handled?

I have read in several articles that if the Paris Accords were followed to the letter by all, that the difference in temperature would only be in 0.03 degrees after many years of significant alteration of modern civilization's use of fuels.

I want there to be disagreement on how all this is handled. Not that long ago we were supposedly headed for a new ice age. There is no broad agreement on our planet's climate and what it means currently.

I do not reason that human activity is the culprit for whatever change is occurring, nor do I reason that altering human activity will return the climate to what is was, whenever it was supposedly perfect. This does not mean that I reason that pollution of our resources should not be curtailed, but that our activity has little to do with actual climate change.

I reason that the planet and our sun are doing what is normal and natural and humans will have to adapt.

Nor am I alone in this reasoning. It is just that it is currently the unpopular idea and is shouted down by those who must not let their plan for global change fail.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
04-07-2017, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017 06:08 PM by ShadowProject.)
It's not just the fact that it changing, it's the speed at which it is changing. It's going alarmingly fast. Changes in climate have happened before, over thousands of YEARS. We are warming at a rate 10X faster than anything on record.

And according to the cycles of the planet, we should actually be in a cooling cycle now. We've managed to completely reserve the trend and are doing it at a crazy accelerated rate.

It's also incredibly disheartening when people trust 'big oil' politicians over scientists. I really don't understand this.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
04-07-2017, 06:17 PM
It won't be too long before the flooded streets in Miami from the rising ocean level will hit our Dear Leader.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...77596.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-07-2017, 06:29 PM
(04-07-2017 06:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It won't be too long before the flooded streets in Miami from the rising ocean level will hit our Dear Leader.

Yeah Trump is a narcissistic buffoon...

But really, this shit has been in the works since the first Neanderthal figured out you could bang some rocks together and make a fire......

Blaming the bozo-in-charge might feel good, but it's giving him way more credit than he's due, for being an influence on things...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-07-2017, 06:34 PM
(04-07-2017 06:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-07-2017 06:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It won't be too long before the flooded streets in Miami from the rising ocean level will hit our Dear Leader.

But really, this shit has been in the works since the first Neanderthal figured out you could bang some rocks together and make a fire......

Blaming the bozo-in-charge might feel good, but it's giving him way more credit than he's due, for being an influence on things...

Mike Judge and Etan Cohen are prophets.

#sigh
04-07-2017, 06:58 PM
(04-07-2017 06:29 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

But no one is blaming Trump for climate change. The issue is the continued acceptance of bullshit that leads to the overwhelming acceptance of the lies from the ones that influence our societal woes, because they benefit.

You and I know better. We all seem to know better, why aren't we acting like it?

That's a serious question. I'll put down my gun if you put yours down and let's figure this out.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post