EPA to officially challenge climate change?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: EPA to officially challenge climate change?
(06-07-2017 08:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 08:34 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  He certainly has influence over how the US government addresses the matter -- and is certainly blame-worthy for several reasons.

It doesn't feel good at all to blame him. I'd rather be praising him for keeping the EPA in the hands of someone committed to a cleaner environment. I'd rather be praising him for staying with the Paris Accord. Unfortunately I can't.

If you're looking to big government to "save the planet" you're going to be disappointed.

I'm not sure why you got that out of my reply, which had nothing to do with the politics of "big government" or whatever bullyboy arouses your ire right now.

I was simply saying that he does indeed have influence over how the US government addresses the matter.

Might you be so kind as to explain how you make such a leap of "logic"?

(06-07-2017 08:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A problem this large can't be solved by politicians with their own agendas.

Well, duh. Could you be any more banal?

(06-07-2017 08:41 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Only by changing the mindset of the populace, and get them to quit procreating lke rabbits will make a difference.

Of course overpopulation is the key to the problem. Get people to stop fucking, yeah?

Let me know how that works out for you. Good luck.

In the meantime, reducing carbon emissions will have to take the place of reducing sperm emissions ... and I suspect would be easier to control.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2017, 01:02 AM
(06-07-2017 05:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course overpopulation is the key to the problem. Get people to stop fucking, yeah?

In the meantime, reducing carbon emissions will have to take the place of reducing sperm emissions ... and I suspect would be easier to control.

Actually I saw a documentary recently showing that in the developed world birthrates have fallen precipitously. As life improves, as people trust that medicine will keep their kids alive, they don't need as many. Kids become an expense rather than an economic asset. I think also family planning help, wide availability of contraceptives and other such schemes - government policy schemes - have an impact.

Also the developed world are the ones who contribute most to the carbon dioxide problem, so they're the ones who need to figure something out. Developing world doesn't have resources or ability to do the necessary research.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-07-2017, 04:43 AM
(07-07-2017 01:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  Actually I saw a documentary recently showing that in the developed world birthrates have fallen precipitously. As life improves, as people trust that medicine will keep their kids alive, they don't need as many. Kids become an expense rather than an economic asset. I think also family planning help, wide availability of contraceptives and other such schemes - government policy schemes - have an impact.

Educating women reduces birthrates too. It gives them other options and interests.
07-07-2017, 07:52 AM
(06-07-2017 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 12:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm pretty sure it's the other way around....

Politicians and policies twist on the wind of public opinion....

Nobody changes their core values faster than a politician with new polling data....

I think there's certainly that influence, but there's a flow the other direction too. For example gay marriage was strongly opposed over here by religious groups, but the fact that it's part of the law now - there's hardly anyone who opposes it now, even among the religious. I mean, sure there are some vocal bastards, but their percentage is tiny.

I noted that Hillary Clinton said in 2000 that " she believed that marriage is always between one man and one woman" and surprise, surprise, the voting base berated her...

She' s now the big champion of gay rights......

I think that's more the rule than the exception.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2017, 07:57 AM
(06-07-2017 05:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Of course overpopulation is the key to the problem. Get people to stop fucking, yeah?

Never heard of birth control, huh?????

Or are you Catholic?????

I was a total whore back in the day, and I managed to not impregnate any women, so I can assure you it's possible....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-07-2017, 12:17 PM
(07-07-2017 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

Never heard of birth control, huh?????

Or are you Catholic?????

I was a total whore back in the day, and I managed to not impregnate any women, so I can assure you it's possible....

And government assuring wide availability of and education concerning contraceptives - "big government" - therefore is a good idea. So glad you agree Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-07-2017, 01:40 PM
(07-07-2017 12:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 07:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Never heard of birth control, huh?????

Or are you Catholic?????

And government assuring wide availability of and education concerning contraceptives - "big government" - therefore is a good idea. So glad you agree Tongue

Uh.... I didn't learn about birth control from the government....

I got my education from Hugh Hefner..

Tongue