ER vs Satan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2012, 01:51 PM

ER vs Satan
OK, so in Genesis we learn that God killed ER simply for being WICKED. Thats it, thats all we know.

Now, Satan was pretty damn wicked, right?

Why didn't god simply zap Satan for being wicked? Would have saved him a whole lot of trouble in this cosmic tragedy.

We know a bit more about Satan and why he was banished. Basically Treason. Was god feeling all warm and fuzzy that day? Filled up with the milk of NonHuman Kindness and allowed Satan to live?

No pun intended, but the devil IS in the details.

To me the story of ER is a HUGE problem in explaining the Fall of Satan and god's WILLINGNESS to let Satan live.

Could ER have been MORE bad ass than Satan and pose a much LARGER problem for God?
Or was god powerless to zap Satan?

Better yet...why did all those infants and unborn children have to DIE by suffocation during the flood...but god LET Satan continue on existing?

Not a very 'Just' or 'Fair' fella, now is he?

D
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 02:04 PM
RE: ER vs Satan
The reason he had to live was to be the big bad.

How are you supposed to control people if you have no way to scare them into submission. Satan is also used as a get out for any wickedness that befalls the church, like the thing that came out of the Vatican about all the pedo priests being an assault on the church by evil forces.

Now me and you know the only assaulting done was the dirty pedo priests on children, but they gotta have a scapegoat.

At least very few fall for it these days, I doubt the pope can even control his bowels, let alone the people.

"Belief means not wanting to know what is true"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 02:04 PM
(16-03-2012 01:51 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Better yet...why did all those infants and unborn children have to DIE by suffocation during the flood...but god LET Satan continue on existing?

D

I was going to ask who ER was but it's a name "Er"...

Looking at the mythology, I would say that Er (and others) was simply killed, but to rid Satan would involve making him non-existent. That's probably what I would say if I were still a Christian. Maybe there is a Christian who can elaborate with their own thoughts, but I don't think that is going to convince anyone.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
16-03-2012, 02:22 PM

(16-03-2012 02:04 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(16-03-2012 01:51 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Better yet...why did all those infants and unborn children have to DIE by suffocation during the flood...but god LET Satan continue on existing?

D

I was going to ask who ER was but it's a name "Er"...

Looking at the mythology, I would say that Er (and others) was simply killed, but to rid Satan would involve making him non-existent. That's probably what I would say if I were still a Christian. Maybe there is a Christian who can elaborate with their own thoughts, but I don't think that is going to convince anyone.

Yeah, i kinda know how 'they'll' typically answer. I just enjoy find the devil in these little details.

Think about this..if god could have zapped satan, he could have then forgiven him and then had satan back in the fold in heaven, right? That would have been real easy to do! Not much of a story to tell though.

So did Er's wicked soul go to hell? Or did god zap this wicked dude and allow him to enter the gates of heaven?

How are we to learn from the story of Er so we dont befall the same fate? Whats the moral to that story? Just dont be wicked? Ok, how is wicked defined?

It still begs the question that if god can simply zap Er, then why not satan too?

D
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2012, 05:14 PM
According to the Mormons Satan is the brother of Jesus. Maybe that’s your answer.
He may be the biggest asshole of all time, but it’s Jesus’ bro. It’s a family thing.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.