EVE Online going F2P on November 15th (tomorrow)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2016, 03:55 AM
EVE Online going F2P on November 15th (tomorrow)
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev...ve-online/

the games goes free sort of.. basically free players get limited access to ships and skills while subscription players get access to all ships and skills

you can grind in-game currency to pay for subscription (PLEX) by buying it from the in-game market (they cost 1.1 billion... you can earn up to several million an hour at minimum after you figure out what your doing)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
14-11-2016, 04:16 AM
RE: EVE Online going F2P on November 15th (tomorrow)
I want to play a game, not pick up a second unpaid job. Pass. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-11-2016, 05:45 AM
(14-11-2016 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I want to play a game, not pick up a second unpaid job. Pass. Tongue

hate to break it to you, EVE is basically a game about making money by doing any of the following, mining, hauling, trading, speculating, manufacturing, killing.... do what you enjoy and make money off of it
14-11-2016, 05:51 AM
(14-11-2016 05:45 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 04:16 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I want to play a game, not pick up a second unpaid job. Pass. Tongue

hate to break it to you, EVE is basically a game about making money by doing any of the following, mining, hauling, trading, speculating, manufacturing, killing.... do what you enjoy and make money off of it

Spreadsheets. You forgot staring at spreadsheets. Big Grin

[Image: worst-ui-ever.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-11-2016, 05:56 AM
I play Elite Dangerous myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
14-11-2016, 06:43 AM
Probably gonna scope that out, although the one thing I learned from Elite:Dangerous - I pretty much suck at space combat. Tongue

...and yeah, the spreadsheets. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2016, 10:18 AM
(14-11-2016 06:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Probably gonna scope that out, although the one thing I learned from Elite:Dangerous - I pretty much suck at space combat. Tongue

if elite dangerous involves WASD, mouse yaw/pitch then its totally different from controlling ships in EVE so I doubt your space combat skills in elite will affect you in EVE
14-11-2016, 10:20 AM
(14-11-2016 10:18 AM)Ace Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 06:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Probably gonna scope that out, although the one thing I learned from Elite:Dangerous - I pretty much suck at space combat. Tongue

if elite dangerous involves WASD, mouse yaw/pitch then its totally different from controlling ships in EVE so I doubt your space combat skills in elite will affect you in EVE

You can fly like that if you want. Most people use a joystick. Some also use pedals. I personally use two joysticks and rarely touch my keyboard. Apparently VR headsets are great in Elite.
14-11-2016, 10:29 AM
(14-11-2016 05:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-11-2016 05:45 AM)Ace Wrote:  hate to break it to you, EVE is basically a game about making money by doing any of the following, mining, hauling, trading, speculating, manufacturing, killing.... do what you enjoy and make money off of it

Spreadsheets. You forgot staring at spreadsheets. Big Grin

[Image: worst-ui-ever.jpg]

hopefully CCP will straighten it out a bit for tomorrow's release (less than 24 hours away from now)
14-11-2016, 08:16 PM
I will stick to Warframe, no space combat but armored space ninjas.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze