EVOLUTION : Darwin's Dangerous Idea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 04:19 PM
EVOLUTION : Darwin's Dangerous Idea
I watched this doc last night. It's really good. 2 hours long and skips back and forth from a Darwin filmography to current scientific opinion and facts. I recommend it to anyone that isn't entirely familiar with Darwin's research on natural selection.

Here is a search link to all the video parts

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=EVOL...FORM=VDRE#

BTW, Darwin married his cousin and had like 5 kids. WTF?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
RE: EVOLUTION : Darwin's Dangerous Idea
(06-03-2012 04:19 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I watched this doc last night. It's really good. 2 hours long and skips back and forth from a Darwin filmography to current scientific opinion and facts. I recommend it to anyone that isn't entirely familiar with Darwin's research on natural selection.

Here is a search link to all the video parts

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=EVOL...FORM=VDRE#

BTW, Darwin married his cousin and had like 5 kids. WTF?

We watched it in my Biology class. One girl accused it of dissing god. I personally thought it was very good.

"He who wishes to comprehend God with his mind becomes an atheist."
- Count Nikolaus Von Zinzendorf
15-03-2012, 03:39 PM
In my bio class we just started watching it today since my bio teacher was gone for my high school's robotics team. It is really well made. The acting is top notch and the setting is really good to the point where It actually looks like 1800s England. And that actor who plays Darwin. It is scary how much he looks like the actual darwin. Usually when I see these kinds of things on Tv I roll my eyes thinking the show is cheesier then french cheese but this is suprisingly good.
15-03-2012, 03:54 PM
(15-03-2012 03:39 PM)Misha Wrote:  In my bio class we just started watching it today since my bio teacher was gone for my high school's robotics team. It is really well made. The acting is top notch and the setting is really good to the point where It actually looks like 1800s England. And that actor who plays Darwin. It is scary how much he looks like the actual darwin. Usually when I see these kinds of things on Tv I roll my eyes thinking the show is cheesier then french cheese but this is suprisingly good.

It's actually part 1 of a 4 part series on evolution. I have the 2nd one in the mail today from Netflix.

[Image: nova355dvd.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
15-03-2012, 09:13 PM
(09-03-2012 03:36 PM)samthepcman Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 04:19 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

We watched it in my Biology class. One girl accused it of dissing god. I personally thought it was very good.

I go to a very liberal school but, in a very jewish community. There was only one creationist in the room and he fell asleep. Granted, this kid is like as jewish as it can get (as in he is an Israeli nationalist even though he doesn't live in Israel).

And GermanyT, I also found that pretty strange that he married his cousin but then again, so did President FDR.

Also, yeah we are going to watch the next part tomorrow. Can't wait Big Grin
18-03-2012, 02:20 PM
One girl in my class said it's dissing god. lol

"He who wishes to comprehend God with his mind becomes an atheist."
- Count Nikolaus Von Zinzendorf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Your Inner Fish" PBS evolution series Bows and Arrows 6 177 19-04-2014 11:10 PM
Last Post: Minimalist