Eagles of Death Metal interview

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2015, 11:33 PM
Eagles of Death Metal interview
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this but here is the first interview of the Eagles of Death Metal band after the Paris massacre. They're having a hard time dealing with survival guilt among other things. It's very sad.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
26-11-2015, 09:53 AM
RE: Eagles of Death Metal interview
(25-11-2015 11:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm not sure if this is the proper place to put this but here is the first interview of the Eagles of Death Metal band after the Paris massacre. They're having a hard time dealing with survival guilt among other things. It's very sad.

I'm going to watch this later, but I found it interesting that pundits were making commentary on the "death metal" concert, almost as if it was an obvious target because it was death metal. Dumb to begin with. Idiotic because the Eagles of Death Metal are definitely not a death metal band.
Undecided

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
27-11-2015, 10:52 AM
I'd feel pretty guilty to if I ran like a bitch in the face of something that I was at least partly responsible for.
27-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't matter if they were "death metal", most musicians are social liberals even if not economic liberals. An attack on any band is an attack on the entire music world, from the no name to the famous. It is an attack on art.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
27-11-2015, 01:44 PM
(27-11-2015 10:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'd feel pretty guilty to if I ran like a bitch in the face of something that I was at least partly responsible for.

Oh, for shit's sake. They were NOT responsible for it. They just happened to be playing in that venue when the terrorists massacred people. That's like saying the barista who served the coffee in the small Paris cafe was responsible for the people who were slaughtered there. Shesh.

27-11-2015, 02:14 PM
(27-11-2015 01:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 10:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'd feel pretty guilty to if I ran like a bitch in the face of something that I was at least partly responsible for.

Oh, for shit's sake. They were NOT responsible for it. They just happened to be playing in that venue when the terrorists massacred people. That's like saying the barista who served the coffee in the small Paris cafe was responsible for the people who were slaughtered there. Shesh.
I said partly. Do you really think that the trigger men didn't think that the artists where worshiping the devil? What song where they playing? Kiss the devil or some shit? Hopefully it will change the topics of their songs.
27-11-2015, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2015 03:34 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(27-11-2015 02:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 01:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh, for shit's sake. They were NOT responsible for it. They just happened to be playing in that venue when the terrorists massacred people. That's like saying the barista who served the coffee in the small Paris cafe was responsible for the people who were slaughtered there. Shesh.
I said partly. Do you really think that the trigger men didn't think that the artists where worshiping the devil? What song where they playing? Kiss the devil or some shit? Hopefully it will change the topics of their songs.

You're still victim blaming. You're thinking like a morally uptight Christian, not an extremist Islamic terrorist. ISIS possesses disdain for everybody whom they consider to be either non-believers or apostates, this is hardly a matter of considering the band and its fan "devil worshippers." In contrast to Christians like you, the ultimate sin under the eyes of ISIS is not the devil or material that can be construed as "satanic," but a rejection of the radical Salafi-Jihadist Islamic philosophy they endorse. Yes, they did label the Bataclan Concert Hall as a "den of vice" in their social media post claiming responsibility for the attacks, but this is the same night that they slaughtered patrons attending upscale restaurants and attempted suicide bombings at the Stade de France. Sure, they viewed the concertgoers as morally degenerate, but that wasn't their main impetus for targeting them, it was because they were Westerners, that was the foundation of their hatred.

It is no more the fault of the Eagles of Death Metal for the events that night than it is the fault of the Syrian Christian for being slaughtered by choosing to identify with a different set of beliefs than ISIS. That's all it takes to draw their wrath; living and believing differently. No person is to blame for what happened other than the gunmen and the gunmen alone. The fact that you'd rather see the band view this tragedy as a means of a self-imposed referendum on their moral character and an acknowledgement of their share of culpability rather than to relate to their shock and pain as a fellow human being illustrates why organizations like ISIS exist. Even in the midst of such senseless violence, you view them as a deserving victim to such an attack because they were "asking for it" by embracing a lifestyle you disagree with. That's what the gunmen were thinking, too.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
27-11-2015, 04:50 PM
(27-11-2015 02:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 01:44 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Oh, for shit's sake. They were NOT responsible for it. They just happened to be playing in that venue when the terrorists massacred people. That's like saying the barista who served the coffee in the small Paris cafe was responsible for the people who were slaughtered there. Shesh.

You Do realize that this band is not a heavy metal band and even if it were they can't be faulted for the actions of the terrorists. This is similar to idiot christians blaming a woman for being raped because she's wearing a red dress. You're mentally archaic. You need to progress into the 21st century.

27-11-2015, 06:00 PM
(27-11-2015 04:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 02:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I said partly. Do you really think that the trigger men didn't think that the artists where worshiping the devil? What song where they playing? Kiss the devil or some shit? Hopefully it will change the topics of their songs.

You Do realize that this band is not a heavy metal band and even if it were they can't be faulted for the actions of the terrorists. This is similar to idiot christians blaming a woman for being raped because she's wearing a red dress. You're mentally archaic. You need to progress into the 21st century.
I personally enjoy many types of metal. Just saying that they were singing a song called kiss the devil. Does the mean that the concert hall wouldn't have gotten shot to shit if someone else was singing something with a different topic? I don't know. Where the attackers aware of who was performing and what they where performing? Most likely. It was probably a deciding factor on the time to attack. Does that make the chicken shit performers responsible? Not really, but it sure slant help anything. The fact that escaped unharmed while over a hundred people where shot for listening to them is what really bothers me. I can only hope that people learn from the actions of others as to not repeat the same mistakes.
27-11-2015, 06:07 PM
(27-11-2015 06:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(27-11-2015 04:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You Do realize that this band is not a heavy metal band and even if it were they can't be faulted for the actions of the terrorists. This is similar to idiot christians blaming a woman for being raped because she's wearing a red dress. You're mentally archaic. You need to progress into the 21st century.
I personally enjoy many types of metal. Just saying that they were singing a song called kiss the devil. Does the mean that the concert hall wouldn't have gotten shot to shit if someone else was singing something with a different topic? I don't know. Where the attackers aware of who was performing and what they where performing? Most likely. It was probably a deciding factor on the time to attack. Does that make the chicken shit performers responsible? Not really, but it sure slant help anything. The fact that escaped unharmed while over a hundred people where shot for listening to them is what really bothers me. I can only hope that people learn from the actions of others as to not repeat the same mistakes.

What mistakes?