Early Christian Hostility to Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Early Christian Hostility to Science
(19-08-2015 02:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Can't view at work.

Summary?

Carrier proves Calvinism to be correct.

You were right all along.

What's the chances?

Shocking

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-08-2015, 04:57 PM
1)False religion may be against the science.
True religion embraces all truth. It doesn't matter where this truth is coming from. Prophet Brigham Young said: "even in hell there is truth."

2)Yes, God reveals to us only what He wants us to know. He revealed to us this world. World in which we live. He wants us to search and to learn more about this world. He wants us to do it on our own. This way we are growing and we are developing our talents.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
19-08-2015, 05:10 PM
(19-08-2015 02:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God only reveals what He wants us to know--shouldn't go searching for answers God doesn't provide. One example given was that organs are hidden for a reason--God doesn't want us to know about them.

Isn't that why the Romans invented the gladius?

[Image: th?id=JN.EVXn6eg3GZGrVMkYzPi%2fCg&am...;amp;h=300]

See? The Romans weren't persecuting the early Christians... they were just trying to prove a philosophical point about hidden "internal" organs.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-08-2015, 05:15 PM
(19-08-2015 05:10 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 02:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  God only reveals what He wants us to know--shouldn't go searching for answers God doesn't provide. One example given was that organs are hidden for a reason--God doesn't want us to know about them.

See? The Romans weren't persecuting the early Christians... they were just trying to prove a philosophical point about hidden "internal" organs.

I see what you did there.
19-08-2015, 09:39 PM
(19-08-2015 04:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  1)False religion may be against the science.
True religion embraces all truth. It doesn't matter where this truth is coming from. Prophet Brigham Young said: "even in hell there is truth."

2)Yes, God reveals to us only what He wants us to know. He revealed to us this world. World in which we live. He wants us to search and to learn more about this world. He wants us to do it on our own. This way we are growing and we are developing our talents.

"True religion embraces all truth."

NO.

All religions, and particularly yours, push woo that is the antithesis of truth.

Adam and Eve were ejected from Eden because they ate of the tree of knowledge.

Paul wrote,

“Where are any of our thinkers today? Do you see now how God has shown up the foolishness of human wisdom?” (1 Cor. 1:20, JB.)

Alla, if you think too much for yourself and ask too many questions, the elders in your church will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Try it for yourself, see how far you get.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
19-08-2015, 10:07 PM
(19-08-2015 09:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  

"True religion embraces all truth."

NO.

All religions, and particularly yours, push woo that is the antithesis of truth.

Paul wrote,

“Where are any of our thinkers today? Do you see now how God has shown up the foolishness of human wisdom?” (1 Cor. 1:20, JB.)

Alla, if you think too much for yourself and ask too many questions, the elders in your church will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Try it for yourself, see how far you get.

That's how it was with my pastor. The minute I started asking questions, he gave me standard responses and when I asked further questions, he shut me down immediately. I knew then that I had to look elsewhere for answers--so that's what I did.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-08-2015, 10:29 PM
(19-08-2015 09:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  "True religion embraces all truth."

NO.

Paul wrote,

Let's not forget, oh, basically the entire book of Ecclesiastes:

13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.
16 I communed with mine own heart, saying, Lo, I am come to great estate, and have gotten more wisdom than all they that have been before me in Jerusalem: yea, my heart had great experience of wisdom and knowledge.
17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
(Ecclesiastes 1:13-18, NKJV)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-08-2015, 11:15 PM

True bullshit embraces all bullshit. God wants you to embrace it till you are full of shit.
20-08-2015, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2015 07:00 AM by epronovost.)
(19-08-2015 05:10 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

The Hyberian, a former protectorat of the Carthaginian, invented the Gladius. That's why the Roman name for this perticular model is the Spanis Gladius AKA the Spanish Sword. I do agree on its use to reveal organs. It makes a good job at it. Though, the favorite method of execution for dangerous sectarians in Roma was devoured by dogs or lion if you feel fancy, but it was harder to pull with the later. They also reveal organs rather nicely.

Jokes aside, this ridiculous comment from Alla reminded me how much many religions opposed the study of the human body and the advancement of medecine. If men could cure themselves for efficently than the the gods why would they sacrifice anything to them?
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
20-08-2015, 05:13 PM
(19-08-2015 09:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 04:57 PM)Alla Wrote:  "True religion embraces all truth."
NO.
Yes, true religion embraces all truth.
(19-08-2015 09:39 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  All religions, and particularly yours, push woo that is the antithesis of truth.
You are wrong. I can ask as many questions as I want. I can think as much as I want and as much as I have ability.
True religion does not reject any truth.
Give me one example por favor when Gospel of Jesus Christ(true religion) rejected any truth.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED