Early Christian Hostility to Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2015, 05:16 PM
RE: Early Christian Hostility to Science
(19-08-2015 10:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's how it was with my pastor. The minute I started asking questions, he gave me standard responses and when I asked further questions, he shut me down immediately. I knew then that I had to look elsewhere for answers--so that's what I did.
can you share with me some of those questions?
I can ask any questions I want to in Church. I know I will have answers. Or they will tell me: "We don't know what is true answer to this question"

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2015, 07:12 PM
(20-08-2015 05:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(19-08-2015 10:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's how it was with my pastor. The minute I started asking questions, he gave me standard responses and when I asked further questions, he shut me down immediately. I knew then that I had to look elsewhere for answers--so that's what I did.
can you share with me some of those questions?
I can ask any questions I want to in Church. I know I will have answers. Or they will tell me: "We don't know what is true answer to this question"

They will give you answers--but they are contrived answers. I had many questions but here are a few for example: Why are there so many religions if Christianity is the right one? Why would God allow for so many religions (which only adds confusion for his children)? Why would God's Word be at odds with science? Why do we not see evidence of Noah's Flood? Where the heck is Jesus--he said he would be right back? Big Grin
21-08-2015, 06:09 AM
(19-08-2015 02:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  One example given was that organs are hidden for a reason--God doesn't want us to know about them.

Or because the skin protects against infectious diseases... Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post