Early Election Call.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Early Election Call.
In Australia an election has been called for September, a long way ahead by our usual standards.
This of course means a terribly long and boring campaign, between two parties, both of whom are unpopular.

The issue I would like to raise is that our current government (they are hanging on by a whisker) is intent on replacing retiring members with high profile people..... former.sports stars etc in order to gain votes.
While I am not against 'high profile' I see this as deterring other creative and genuine people, for the sake of an orchestrated attempt to obtain popularity by stealth.

I realize this, and much worse, goes on all over the world .
I would appreciate a few examples of such, and similar, occurring elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Early Election Call.
The Prime Minister has not visited the Governor General, and won't do for some time. A date has been announced, but the election has not begun in any official sense. That said, both sides have been campaigning heavily for the last few years and I don't really see any change in that this year.

The issue I would raise is that the opposition has promised to destroy our progress towards reducing carbon emissions by completely rewinding the emissions taxation/trading system. What else is there to say?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
05-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Vote Agro. He'll do right by us.

[Image: a-puppet-named-agro-from-australian-kids-tv1.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
06-02-2013, 06:24 PM
I must say, I'm so glad I don't live in Australia, your politicians suck balls.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
06-02-2013, 06:28 PM
(06-02-2013 06:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I must say, I'm so glad I don't live in Australia, your politicians suck balls.
Yeah we don't have good hangis over here, like you guys.
06-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Neither will be getting my vote Sleepy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
08-02-2013, 04:15 PM
(06-02-2013 06:28 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 06:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I must say, I'm so glad I don't live in Australia, your politicians suck balls.
Yeah we don't have good hangis over here, like you guys.

We have some good politicians, and we have some good parties with good policies. Saddly the two never seem to be in the same room however.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post