Earmuffs transforms members into ships/boats/other assorted floating vehicles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Earmuffs transforms members into ships/boats/other assorted floating vehicles
(02-04-2014 08:18 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I already know my ship:
[Image: 300px-HMAS_Rankin_2007.jpg]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins-class_submarine

http://www.submarineinstitute.com/userfi...20Book.pdf

.... Old as fuck, but still more reliable than newer models?

PS. Muffs, the fuck is my floating object of the vehicular variety?.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 11:17 AM
RE: Earmuffs transforms members into ships/boats/other assorted floating vehicles
Oh God, what am I this time? Blink

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
02-04-2014, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 11:23 PM by EvolutionKills.)
I have to represent the home team on this one...

US Brig Niagra

[Image: Brig_Niagara_full_sail.jpg]

The US Brig Niagara or the Flagship Niagara, is a wooden-hulled brig that served as the relief flagship for Oliver Hazard Perry in the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812. It is one of the last remaining ships from the War of 1812. The Niagara is usually docked behind the Erie Maritime Museum in downtown Erie in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania as an outdoor exhibit for the museum, but travels the Great Lakes during the summer, serving as an ambassador of Pennsylvania when not docked. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973 and was designated the official state ship of Pennsylvania by the Pennsylvania General Assembly in 1988.

The Niagara was constructed from 1812 to 1813 to protect the vulnerable American coastline on Lake Erie from the British and played a pivotal role in the battle for the lake. Along with most of warships that served in the war, the Niagara was sunk for preservation on Presque Isle in 1820. Raised in 1913, it was rebuilt for the centennial of the Battle of Lake Erie. After deteriorating, restoration of the Niagara was started again in the 1930s, but was hampered by the lack of funds caused by the Great Depression and remained uncompleted until 1963. A more extensive restoration was carried out in 1988 in which much of the original ship was largely destroyed. The incorporation of new materials and modern equipment makes it ambiguous as to whether it is or is not a replica.
-Wikipedia

Also, last summer was the 'Year of Perry' in celebration of the bicentennial of the Battle of Lake Erie (1813-2013). There were about a dozen old sailing ships traveling across the Great Lakes, including a stop in my own hometown of Erie, where I got to actually board a few of them. We also have a pretty massive maritime museum down on the bay-front, where the Niagara is usually docked.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post