Earmuffs v Ray Comfort

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Earmuffs v Ray Comfort
(20-09-2012 10:01 AM)kim Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 08:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I beg to differ. There are a lot of cult leaders that are filthy rich, or how about the Vatican?

These are false prophets.

The true prophet makes no profit.
That might be funny if I had more coffee. Drinking Beverage

Yes but we are atheists so a "true" prophet and a "false" prophet are one in the same. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-09-2012, 10:19 AM
(20-09-2012 10:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 10:01 AM)kim Wrote:  These are false prophets.

The true prophet makes no profit.
That might be funny if I had more coffee. Drinking Beverage

Yes but we are atheists so a "true" prophet and a "false" prophet are one in the same. Drinking Beverage

Ah, touché mon ami.

Fuck it - more coffee! Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-09-2012, 10:22 AM
(20-09-2012 10:19 AM)kim Wrote:  
(20-09-2012 10:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yes but we are atheists so a "true" prophet and a "false" prophet are one in the same. Drinking Beverage

Ah, touché mon ami.

Fuck it - more coffee! Drinking Beverage

I hear that, I'm suppose to be working on my assignment due in 7hours (it's 4:30am) but haven't even started. Drinking BeverageDrinking BeverageDrinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-09-2012, 10:33 AM
(20-09-2012 10:01 AM)kim Wrote:  The true prophet makes no profit.

Ahh, this reminds me of a fond quote from my all-time favorite prophet: "The words of the profits are written on the studio walls: concert halls" - Neil Peart.

Not extraordinarily clever by Peart's standards, and Rush lyrics are replete with deeper material than this, but I'm fond of the homonym.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-09-2012, 12:42 PM
An honour is not without profit, except in one's own country - Flanders & Swann Smile

BTW Aseptic that sounds pretty close to Sound of Silence lyrics by Simon & Garfunkel:

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls...

Something like that anyway. Wouldn't put it past them to have nicked it.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-09-2012, 12:48 PM
(20-09-2012 10:33 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  

Ahh, this reminds me of a fond quote from my all-time favorite prophet: "The words of the profits are written on the studio walls: concert halls" - Neil Peart.

Not extraordinarily clever by Peart's standards, and Rush lyrics are replete with deeper material than this, but I'm fond of the homonym.

Ooh that's good - Neil pilfers from the best - as any great artist should. Thumbsup

the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on subway walls and tenement halls"
and whispered in the sounds of silence. ~

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
20-09-2012, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 08:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-09-2012 10:33 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  

Interesting.
From Simon and Garfunkel : (Sounds of Silence).
The sign said "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls ; tennement halls".
I guess it is in quotes. I didn't realize they took it from something.
Maybe it's a fluke ???

One of my favorite "oldie" songs.
it's at 2:40

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Hey guys, I'm selling holly bananas for $20 a piece. One bite of one of these bananas, and you are guaranteed to go to heaven. Don't believe me? Ask Banana man Comfort, he'll tell you. So hurry up and call 555-555-SCAM, or go to my website evangelicalsnakeoil.com and buy your ticket to heaven. Praise Jesus!

Stop the itchy blanket of Creationism from spreading to our classrooms. Say no to Iron Age superstitions Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Ozzie's post
21-09-2012, 03:55 PM
(21-09-2012 03:50 PM)Ozzie Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm selling holly bananas for $20 a piece. One bite of one of these bananas, and you are guaranteed to go to heaven. Don't believe me? Ask Banana man Comfort, he'll tell you. So hurry up and call 555-555-SCAM, or go to my website evangelicalsnakeoil.com and buy your ticket to heaven. Praise Jesus!

Oh no ya don't. I heard about those eating some fruit scams.
You SNAKE.
Oh wait ... so snakes really can talk ?
Oh oh.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-09-2012, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 04:18 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-09-2012 08:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The sign said "The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls ; tennement halls".

Pretty sure Art Garfunkel is Eraserhead. Big Grin

Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again.

Thank God I've already dosed my testosterone. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.