Earth 2.0

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2015, 08:34 PM
RE: Earth 2.0
Out of curiosity...

The age of our planet is measured by dating rocks, right?

How does one calculate the age of a planet from which we have no sample specimens?

What did I miss?

Undecided

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2015, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2015 08:55 PM by Free.)
(24-07-2015 08:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Out of curiosity...

The age of our planet is measured by dating rocks, right?

How does one calculate the age of a planet from which we have no sample specimens?

What did I miss?

Undecided

By comparing that planet's sun to our own, as well as from star clusters. Light frequencies, size, etc tell us how old their sun would be. The planet then becomes "born" sometime after the sun was formed. They also use the model we have here to determine the age over there.

A more detailed explanation can be found HERE.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 3 users Like Free's post
24-07-2015, 11:46 PM
This is so good and I can't touch it. The thing that would make me feel close to this sister place would be to get a dog and name it Kepler. Heart

I want to live in the future I imagine the future to be.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
25-07-2015, 10:57 AM
(24-07-2015 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-07-2015 06:00 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  ...
Maybe if we found life hadn't sustained we could shoot some microbes that way. Then the millions of years it would take to evolve would give rise to a race with poor writing skills and tell stories about a planet of gods that created them. MWAHAHAHA!

And just maybe they already did that to us?

Consider

[Image: 9189283.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin