Earth Day - Science pushes back at D.T. Rump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: Earth Day - Science pushes back at D.T. Rump
Lots of scientist speaking in between the music, but waiting to see people like Dawkins or Krauss or Neil Degrasse Tyson or Bill Nye, one of the big ones has to be on this list today.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Bill Nye speaking right now.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
22-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Bill Nye, right up there with the television physicist. Wonderful.

I think it was 2009 when a relative sent a link reporting the standing ovation Al Gore received from members of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. They were applauding Gore’s grasp of simple physics. This confirmed that my decision to quit AAAS years earlier was a good one.

At the National Cancer Institute in the 1970s, we would gather every morning outside Building 37 on the National Institutes of Health campus and give thanks to Jesus for Richard Nixon’s War on Cancer. Visiting scientists from other countries, especially those from Israel, did not understand our prayers. We probably should have gone with God. More inclusive.

Jesus, some of us just have to laugh, even though members of all the scientific consensuses out there do not.

Well, back to the lab. March!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Walter's post
22-04-2017, 12:34 PM
(22-04-2017 09:26 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 05:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Earth Day.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Signed

The Vogons

Said the idiot that forgets that gunpowder is a product of chemical reactions and if science didn't work your fucking gun wouldn't work either.

"Good luck with that" FUCK OFF,

How about everyone reading this that knows the GOP is full of shit, protects anti science morons and asshole corporate polluters, lets show this idiot that scientists and those who value it will not back down.

Science is not a political issue or a left or right issue FUCKFACE. The only party making it political are the assholes on the right.

The religious right has been pissed since Darwin, didn't learn their fucking lesson with the Scopes Monkey Trial nor the Dover Trial. Not the fault of those who accept science as fact that other morons are still living in the past. GROW THE FUCK UP.

The good thing about science is it works regardless if some fucking idiot doesn't accept it.

You don't like what science says, TOUGH SHIT. Get off your fucking computer if you dont like it.

Apparently you haven't read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy AND you have no sense of humor....

You really should buy one....both possibly.....

Or something......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-04-2017, 12:38 PM
I am so happy that so many people are going out there and making a stand. Sometimes I think I am all alone in the way I see what is happening in the states - seeing the marches gives me hope.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Now a rational person ought to see the scientists march as quite condemning of a fantasy and lying president.

HOWEVER, in USA the religious right wing will see it as encouraging that their leader is fighting against the scientists and their anti god agenda.
22-04-2017, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2017 02:28 PM by cactus.)
I feel uncomfortable talking about the science march with most of my family, because they're conservative Christians Undecided
If I were there, I'd probably be wearing sunglasses and a hat. That's why I don't even think about going to these kinds of events. The potential for conflict, while probably extremely low, it still higher that anything I'd want to deal with.

As soon as Cara Santa Maria got up onto the stage and I saw a Neil deGrasse Tyson sign in the audience, I was like "Yep, not gonna discuss this one with my dad." Is that kind of sad? Confused

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-04-2017, 03:09 PM
[Image: 6ZMIUG6.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
22-04-2017, 03:26 PM
I just returned from the Earth Day/Science march here in Portland. It was fantastic! I saw some great signs. Five thousand people signed up on facebook but I think there were more. I couldn't really tell because I was in the middle of it and couldn't really see in the distance to access the crowd size.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-04-2017, 03:33 PM
(22-04-2017 12:34 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 09:26 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Said the idiot that forgets that gunpowder is a product of chemical reactions and if science didn't work your fucking gun wouldn't work either.

"Good luck with that" FUCK OFF,

How about everyone reading this that knows the GOP is full of shit, protects anti science morons and asshole corporate polluters, lets show this idiot that scientists and those who value it will not back down.

Science is not a political issue or a left or right issue FUCKFACE. The only party making it political are the assholes on the right.

The religious right has been pissed since Darwin, didn't learn their fucking lesson with the Scopes Monkey Trial nor the Dover Trial. Not the fault of those who accept science as fact that other morons are still living in the past. GROW THE FUCK UP.

The good thing about science is it works regardless if some fucking idiot doesn't accept it.

You don't like what science says, TOUGH SHIT. Get off your fucking computer if you dont like it.

Apparently you haven't read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy AND you have no sense of humor....

You really should buy one....both possibly.....

Or something......

I am well aware of your reference moron. I actually had someone else long ago referencing characters and icons in that book when they told me my poetry sucked.

You don't like me because you blindly worship firearms even when I try to explain to you I don't want to ban every single one.

Same kneejerk reaction the right wing has when scientists merely say "Um we could do it a better way" meaning business. Then get upset when scientists have to raise their voices more before it gets worse.