Earth Day - Science pushes back at D.T. Rump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 03:33 PM
RE: Earth Day - Science pushes back at D.T. Rump
(22-04-2017 03:26 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just returned from the Earth Day/Science march here in Portland. It was fantastic! I saw some great signs. Five thousand people signed up on facebook but I think there were more. I couldn't really tell because I was in the middle of it and couldn't really see in the distance to access the crowd size.

Thank you for marching! Heart

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-04-2017, 03:39 PM
(22-04-2017 03:09 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: 6ZMIUG6.jpg]

You know how many people would say "I don't get it?" That is the sad part, too many people care more about watching Jerry Springer, Dumb Dynasty and the Kardashians.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2017, 05:51 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2017 06:33 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Only about 2,000 in these parts in Milwaukee, but better turnout than I expected. Know a lot of folks from work who drove to Madison to march near the capitol building there, but 30 minutes is enough for me.

Edit: Local news coverage is a fickle thing. The Journal Sentinel, a centrist paper in leaning says 2,000. A local news station which has...issues with non-Republican stances on things says "hundreds". I'll go with the JS though; the other one blew its credibility during this past summer's race riot and their coverage of it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-04-2017, 02:13 PM
[Image: xm9sg4l4o6ty.jpg]

Best sign of the whole march, no argument

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post