Earth, Wind & Fire Co-Founder Maurice White Dead at 74

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 05:26 PM
Earth, Wind & Fire Co-Founder Maurice White Dead at 74
Quote:Maurice White, the co-founder of beloved group Earth, Wind & Fire, has passed away. He died in his sleep Thursday morning.

via TMZ:

Maurice died in L.A. after a long battle with Parkinson’s. He was diagnosed in 1992 and his condition deteriorated in recent months. The disease had progressed to the point he was forced to stop touring in with the band 1994.

The band had a string of hits, including “Shining Star,” “September,” “Boogie Wonderland,” and “After the Love has Gone.”

Maurice’s brother, Verdine, is also a band member.

Although Maurice wasn’t touring, he remained involved in the decisions involving the band.

Maurice was 74.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Maurice White has died.
Maurice White, co founder and singer of Earth, Wind & Fire died peacefully in his sleep. He was 74.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/m...4-20160204

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-02-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Earth, Wind & Fire Co-Founder Maurice White Dead at 74
Woopsie, didn't realize there was a thread already. Looked in both music and world news to make sure but didn't think coffee house. My bad.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Sad news. Love that band.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
04-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Maurice White of EWAF dies.
Very sad about this.

Story.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-02-2016, 11:33 PM
(04-02-2016 06:00 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Woopsie, didn't realize there was a thread already. Looked in both music and world news to make sure but didn't think coffee house. My bad.

Me too. Facepalm

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-02-2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Maurice White of EWAF dies.
Yeah, major bummer. What a singer he was.