Earthquake this morning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 11:18 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2013 12:07 AM by HU.Junyuan.)
Earthquake this morning
There was a level 7.0 earthquake of Richter scales 8:02 this morning, centered at Lu Shan county, Ya An city, about 260 kilometers from my city, resulting in more than 37 deaths and 600 injured. My apartment building was shaking like [beep], and I ran down the building with only my underpants on ...

More than 4000 PLA Army and Air Force soldiers, 2000 paramilitary police and police men and women, and professional rescue teams are rushing into the affected area as the major force of saving people. Doctors and nurses from nearby areas are also going into these areas with ambulance vehicles.

Tens of, maybe over a hundred journalists are already sending reports back from there.

And the Prime Minister LI, Keqiang are boarding a plane now to my province and then to Lu Shan county. The head officials of my province are already there.

Many or most people in the affected areas have been relocated to safe places, supplied with bottled water, cookies and other food. The injured have emergency medical care. Despite many difficulties, communications there manage to keep flowing. State owned electricity company promised that they would make sure that all key locations (rescue commanding headquarters, hospitals, telecom service suppliers) resume power supply today ASAP and would try their best to let people there have electricity by tonight.

Lu Shan county is on the same seismic zone as the 2008.05.12 Wen Chuan level 8.0 earthquake, about 100 kilometers away. In the 2008 earthquake, more than 100 thousand people died.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Earthquake this morning
Glad you're here and able to report. Hope the best for everyone else.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-04-2013, 11:26 PM
37 dead, 600 injured. That's terrible. Anybody you know?

Just an outsider looking inn.
19-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Wow, man. That's a big quake.

I'm surprised the numbers aren't higher.

Has it stabilised?

19-04-2013, 11:43 PM
That's intense! Sad Sorry to hear. Stay safe!
19-04-2013, 11:51 PM
(19-04-2013 11:22 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Glad you're here and able to report. Hope the best for everyone else.....

My family, friends, people I know and I are safe so far. Experts say that we are experiencing a active seismic periods globally. Hope the best for everyone on this troubled planet.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
19-04-2013, 11:54 PM
(19-04-2013 11:26 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  37 dead, 600 injured. That's terrible. Anybody you know?

43 deaths now. Lucky for me, nobody I know was injured.

Since the epifocus was in the mountainous area, death toll is estimated to be over 100.

19-04-2013, 11:54 PM
(19-04-2013 11:51 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(19-04-2013 11:22 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Glad you're here and able to report. Hope the best for everyone else.....

My family, friends, people I know and I are safe so far. Experts say that we are experiencing a active seismic periods globally. Hope the best for everyone on this troubled planet.

Glad you're OK.

The seismic period globally means Jebus is coming back soon. No really.
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-04-2013, 11:58 PM
(19-04-2013 11:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Wow, man. That's a big quake.

I'm surprised the numbers aren't higher.

Has it stabilised?

The epicenter was in the mountain area, so people in the Lu Shan county wasn't unfortunate beyond help. Level 2-4 earthquakes happened like partying, already over 30 times now, more than once every 15 minutes on average.

20-04-2013, 12:00 AM
(19-04-2013 11:43 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's intense! Sad Sorry to hear. Stay safe!

Thank you.

I am about 260 kilometers away, relatively safe here. I will see what I can do to be of some help.