East Coast Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 06:25 PM
RE: East Coast Trip
(25-08-2015 06:20 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  His "nickname" for decades has been travel nazi.

Every moment is mapped out and each second accounted for.

Facepalm

I feel your pain. My father would do this Boston to NYC to DC trip in 4 days, including a brief dash through New Hampshire, and roll his eyes because we expected to stop to sleep.

"You can pee when I need gas."

Saw a hell of a lot of the country, though.

4 days? Drive time would be about 11 hours if you pop up to NH. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 06:27 PM
Two - three weeks is reasonable depending on your goals.

A two week trip would be a bit rushed, but still worthwhile.

Call me if you want to kick around itinerary ideas.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-08-2015, 06:29 PM
if you want to tour the White House and Senate you need to get clearance, talk to your congress rep etc. Start that part now.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
25-08-2015, 06:38 PM
(25-08-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 02:31 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Because I hate going anywhere and having to come back, one. Big Grin

I don't really see why not unless he's one of those anal types with a "vacation checklist."

His "nickname" for decades has been travel nazi.

Facepalm

Perhaps it goes with the name...my husband is nearly as bad...he almost ruined any trip we ever took. It didn't matter if it was for a week or a weekend. By the time we were ready to leave, I was ready to watch him leave.

One of the reasons we haven't traveled together in over 6 years. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
25-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Fuck that. Save up and come to Australia.

I was once stopped one morning in Sydney by an Indian who asked me about him getting lunch in Darwin. It's 2,444 miles / 3‚ÄČ933 km!!!

I told him to forget it! Big Grin

Plus Australia is amazing.

Of course I want to visit America.

Let's swap for two weeks! Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-08-2015, 07:33 PM
(25-08-2015 06:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 06:20 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I feel your pain. My father would do this Boston to NYC to DC trip in 4 days, including a brief dash through New Hampshire, and roll his eyes because we expected to stop to sleep.

"You can pee when I need gas."

Saw a hell of a lot of the country, though.

4 days? Drive time would be about 11 hours if you pop up to NH. Consider

You are not accounting for every national park/forest/monument in all of those states, or the family reunion in NH. Plus the Smithsonian.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
26-08-2015, 12:20 AM
(25-08-2015 06:53 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ... Save up and come to Australia ...

I've heard of that place. A big wasteland with a rock the size of a tarantula in the middle of it, on the other side of the ditch from New Zealand. Where you need a handtruck to tote your can of beer over to the table. Not a place for planners when each travel day involves a pitched battle with a Wallaby for possession of the roadway and destinations are never certain until you get there. You have to give that mini-continent this, though, when the brochure says "Adventure in Australia" it isn't kidding.

Tongue

Forgive me, Banjo - if it's any consolation I live in the nation where just stepping outside to pick the circulars up off your porch can get you shot - or arrested - or arrested for getting shot. Everything in Australia might be eight times bigger than anywhere else in the world, but nothing on the planet tops the US for the size of its absurdities.

TongueTongueTongue
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
26-08-2015, 12:30 AM
(26-08-2015 12:20 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  I've heard of that place. A big wasteland with a rock the size of a tarantula in the middle of it, on the other side of the ditch from New Zealand. Where you need a handtruck to tote your can of beer over to the table. Not a place for planners when each travel day involves a pitched battle with a Wallaby for possession of the roadway and destinations are never certain until you get there. You have to give that mini-continent this, though, when the brochure says "Adventure in Australia" it isn't kidding.

Tongue

Forgive me, Banjo - if it's any consolation I live in the nation where just stepping outside to pick the circulars up off your porch can get you shot - or arrested - or arrested for getting shot. Everything in Australia might be eight times bigger than anywhere else in the world, but nothing on the planet tops the US for the size of its absurdities.

TongueTongueTongue

Can't argue with that.

Yes we have a rock!

We also have our share of dumb bastards. You've met me, right?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
26-08-2015, 12:31 AM
(26-08-2015 12:20 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  I've heard of that place. A big wasteland with a rock the size of a tarantula in the middle of it, on the other side of the ditch from New Zealand. Where you need a handtruck to tote your can of beer over to the table. Not a place for planners when each travel day involves a pitched battle with a Wallaby for possession of the roadway and destinations are never certain until you get there. You have to give that mini-continent this, though, when the brochure says "Adventure in Australia" it isn't kidding.

Tongue

TongueTongueTongue

Can't argue with that.

Yes we have a rock!

We also have our share of dumb bastards. You've met me, right?

Banjo.
26-08-2015, 07:37 AM
(25-08-2015 06:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  His "nickname" for decades has been travel nazi.

Facepalm

Perhaps it goes with the name...my husband is nearly as bad...he almost ruined any trip we ever took. It didn't matter if it was for a week or a weekend. By the time we were ready to leave, I was ready to watch him leave.

One of the reasons we haven't traveled together in over 6 years. Dodgy

I knew a small group of people that used to take annual trips together and I joined them one year. The first morning the guy organizing the trip got everybody together to sit down and map out exactly what we were going to do as a group every day we were there. I started laughing and told him I was on vacation and didn't need a project plan and suggested the alternative that we'd take each day as it came and do things together or split up as the mood took us. Travel nazis can be so much fun to mess with. I had a great time, as I think did everybody else, but he was a bit on edge the whole time.

Of course, since he organized the trip every year I never got asked back.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post