East Coast Trip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 12:04 PM
RE: East Coast Trip
(25-08-2015 06:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 02:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  His "nickname" for decades has been travel nazi.

Every moment is mapped out and each second accounted for.

Facepalm

Perhaps it goes with the name...my husband is nearly as bad...he almost ruined any trip we ever took. It didn't matter if it was for a week or a weekend. By the time we were ready to leave, I was ready to watch him leave.

One of the reasons we haven't traveled together in over 6 years. Dodgy

When we all went Hawaii a few years ago now, he made up "booklets" for everyone to read on the plane.

It was full of what he called "fun facts" and an itinerary of everything we'd be doing on the trip.

When we went to the punch bowl, I made the mistake of asking a question about something or other and he just gave me that "look" and informed me that I would know the answer if I bothered to read his "guide" and then quizzed everyone else (no one else used knew the answer either)...

He pouted over it for another day -- all the hard work he put into it and none of us cared. Facepalm

Everything he said to us (it seemed) started with, " if you read/studied...."

This was after he spent months and months discussing the trip and all we'd see. *snore*

He did the same thing when we went to the bay area last year (despite the fact we were all born there and didn't really need it. But he did find a couple really good restaurants to eat at in Santa Cruz....which just made him all the more impossible to be around since it was because of his valuable "research".

Omg even when we go to Disneyland he bombards of stuff to "pay attention to" or "look for."

Next month he's taking the oldest kid to San Francisco -- he's got the itinerary all worked out. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 12:08 PM
(26-08-2015 07:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 06:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps it goes with the name...my husband is nearly as bad...he almost ruined any trip we ever took. It didn't matter if it was for a week or a weekend. By the time we were ready to leave, I was ready to watch him leave.

One of the reasons we haven't traveled together in over 6 years. Dodgy

I knew a small group of people that used to take annual trips together and I joined them one year. The first morning the guy organizing the trip got everybody together to sit down and map out exactly what we were going to do as a group every day we were there. I started laughing and told him I was on vacation and didn't need a project plan and suggested the alternative that we'd take each day as it came and do things together or split up as the mood took us. Travel nazis can be so much fun to mess with. I had a great time, as I think did everybody else, but he was a bit on edge the whole time.

Of course, since he organized the trip every year I never got asked back.

If only Angel

26-08-2015, 12:16 PM
What da fuq did you do in your previous life to deserve all that? Shocking

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-08-2015, 01:27 PM
DC takes at least few days, depending on what you want to see. Same with NYC. Hit the highlights and you won't be disappointed.

Driving in DC is ok but parking is ridiculous- just do public transportation. Same thing with NYC. Trains are the way to go as are buses and the occasional cab. Wear sensible shoes.

Don't be afraid of the tourist packages and be sure to get city transport passes - you'll cover a lot of ground and save time & money. BTW - bus tours are quite cool, especially the night tours!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-08-2015, 01:47 PM
(26-08-2015 07:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I knew a small group of people that used to take annual trips together and I joined them one year. The first morning the guy organizing the trip got everybody together to sit down and map out exactly what we were going to do as a group every day we were there. I started laughing and told him I was on vacation and didn't need a project plan and suggested the alternative that we'd take each day as it came and do things together or split up as the mood took us. Travel nazis can be so much fun to mess with. I had a great time, as I think did everybody else, but he was a bit on edge the whole time.

Fuckin' anarchist. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-08-2015, 01:50 PM
(26-08-2015 01:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 07:37 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I knew a small group of people that used to take annual trips together and I joined them one year. The first morning the guy organizing the trip got everybody together to sit down and map out exactly what we were going to do as a group every day we were there. I started laughing and told him I was on vacation and didn't need a project plan and suggested the alternative that we'd take each day as it came and do things together or split up as the mood took us. Travel nazis can be so much fun to mess with. I had a great time, as I think did everybody else, but he was a bit on edge the whole time.

Fuckin' anarchist. Dodgy

Damn straight!
Cool

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
26-08-2015, 01:53 PM
You might like to schedule a lunch or dinner with the local TTAers.
There are several of us near Boston, and several near D.C.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2015, 02:20 PM
If you have passports, you can head up to Canada: go now and you'll automatically get at least 25% off EVERYTHING, (thanks to the diving loonie!)
Quebec City is worth the trip.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
26-08-2015, 02:36 PM
(26-08-2015 01:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  You might like to schedule a lunch or dinner with the local TTAers.
There are several of us near Boston, and several near D.C.

Smile

That would depend on the itinerary Dodgy

26-08-2015, 03:03 PM
(26-08-2015 02:20 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  If you have passports, you can head up to Canada: go now and you'll automatically get at least 25% off EVERYTHING, (thanks to the diving loonie!)
Quebec City is worth the trip.

So is Montréal, but I don't think 2 - 3 weeks is enough to include either.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post