Easter Challenge for Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Easter Challenge for Christians
From FFRF's Dan Barker, a simple challenge

from his facebook page:

FFRF Co-President Dan Barker, who was an evangelical preacher for seventeen years, has an Easter challenge for Christians.
“My challenge is simply this: tell me what happened on Easter. I am not asking for proof. My straightforward request is merely that Christians tell me exactly what happened on the day that their most important doctrine was born.
Believers should eagerly take up this challenge, since without the resurrection, there is no Christianity.
In each of the four Gospels, begin at Easter morning and read to the end of the book: Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and John 20-21. Also read Acts 1:3-12 and Paul's tiny version of the story in I Corinthians 15:3-8. These 165 verses can be read in a few moments. Then, without omitting a single detail from these separate accounts, write a simple, chronological narrative of the events between the resurrection and the ascension: what happened first, second, and so on; who said what, when; and where these things happened.”

more details on the challenge here:
Easter Challenge

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
16-04-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: Easter Challenge for Christians
(16-04-2014 04:35 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  From FFRF's Dan Barker, a simple challenge

from his facebook page:

FFRF Co-President Dan Barker, who was an evangelical preacher for seventeen years, has an Easter challenge for Christians.
“My challenge is simply this: tell me what happened on Easter. I am not asking for proof. My straightforward request is merely that Christians tell me exactly what happened on the day that their most important doctrine was born.
Believers should eagerly take up this challenge, since without the resurrection, there is no Christianity.
In each of the four Gospels, begin at Easter morning and read to the end of the book: Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, and John 20-21. Also read Acts 1:3-12 and Paul's tiny version of the story in I Corinthians 15:3-8. These 165 verses can be read in a few moments. Then, without omitting a single detail from these separate accounts, write a simple, chronological narrative of the events between the resurrection and the ascension: what happened first, second, and so on; who said what, when; and where these things happened.”

more details on the challenge here:
Easter Challenge

uh..

Shit happened, then something else occurred, and more shit happened.

Done.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
16-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Entropy increased.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
16-04-2014, 04:51 PM
(16-04-2014 04:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Entropy increased.

That too.

Well he never did say it had to be precise.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-04-2014, 04:56 PM
It's a trick question. Yes

The multiple stories can not be integrated into one consistent tale. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2014, 04:57 PM
(16-04-2014 04:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's a trick question. Yes

The multiple stories can not be integrated into one consistent tale. No

Pretty sure that's the point, Chas.

But I think I did pretty well.

16-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Why let "fictional facts" get in the way of celebrating Jeebus' triumph in finding all the Easter Bunny eggs?

If I ask my RCC parents this they'll simply quote the Apostle's Creed and be done with me.

The Apostle's Creed
I believe in God,
the Father Almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven,

sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty;
from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
16-04-2014, 05:09 PM
What happened that weekend?

Easy!

In a small area of Australia, 6 aboriginal people set out with boomerangs to hunt pelicans. 9 pelicans lost their lives.

Similar events happened world wide.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-04-2014, 05:13 PM
As I understand it....

A magic man who could walk on water and raise people from the dead got in trouble and was killed (yet somehow lacked the power to escape before death...even though he could do all those other things)

Afterwards they put the body in a cave. A bunny then came along and colored chicken eggs in the blood of magic man left on the ground and hid the eggs in special places. Then the magic man woke up so he could...find the eggs? He then flew away into the sky.

Aww easter.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
16-04-2014, 05:42 PM
You are all being facetious and should show more respect.

What is important is that Jesus died for our sins*.

*Sin being defined as a crime against God, an omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent god who invented rules for a species completely insignificant in the universe even though there is no way it could actually harm him if they did not follow them, and who then had to take on human form and become his own son through asexual reproduction and / or transmogrification to die in agony so that he could repay an unspecified debt to himself on behalf of humans for not following his arbitrary rules rather than just waive it away.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post