Easter Challenge for Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2014, 07:54 PM
RE: Easter Challenge for Christians
(17-04-2014 04:40 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-04-2014 11:27 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  Easter...there was a guy....who then rabbit...which then egg...and chocolate...so dip the eggs in colored dyes...then hide eggs...add a marshmallow duck...big dinner.

Easter. Boom.

One of these things does not seem to belong.

Ha! Fine, baby marshmallow chicken. Close enough. I still captured the essence of Easter.

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2014, 02:19 AM
At some point someone said "Remember, aim for the head and for fucks sake don't let him bite you"

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
18-04-2014, 04:25 AM
(16-04-2014 04:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into Hell.
The third day He arose again from the dead;
He ascended into Heaven,

So ... a completely spiritual being has a "right side" .... I see.
WTF did he actually DO in hell for 3 days ?
More than anything, I wanna know about the zombie invasion, and why not one other "source" says one word about it.
"and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life" Matthew 27:32, (and why not one Jewish historian says one thing about a spontaneous temple curtain tear) which in all of Jewish history had never once happened.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-04-2014, 05:38 AM
(18-04-2014 04:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
He descended into Hell.
He ascended into Heaven,

More than anything, I wanna know about the zombie invasion, and why not one other "source" says one word about it.
"and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life" Matthew 27:32, (and why not one Jewish historian says one thing about a spontaneous temple curtain tear) which in all of Jewish history had never once happened.

I guess. I suppose if they have a "right side" they also have a "wrong side" Rolleyes

Here it is:

The Glorious Conclusion of Christ's Work of Redemption

151. After His Death, Christ's soul, which was separated from His Body, descended into the underworld. (De fide.)
The underworld is the place of detention for the souls of the just of the pre-Christian era, the so-called vestibule of hell (limbus Patrum).
152. On the third day after His Death Christ rose gloriously from the dead. (De fide.)
153. Christ ascended Body and Soul into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. (De fide.)

http://jloughnan.tripod.com/dogma.htm

Had to look this up:
De fide (of the faith) is a "theological note" or "theological qualification" that indicates that some religious doctrine is an essential part of Catholic faith and that denial of it is heresy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-04-2014, 05:39 AM
(18-04-2014 04:25 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
He descended into Hell.
He ascended into Heaven,

Wait, wait, a tear in the curtain, that fucks up history and time?

Someone better call The Doctor!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-04-2014, 06:16 AM
When I saw this I immediately thought of Losty, I can't imagine why Consider Wink

[attachment=2087]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-04-2014, 06:22 AM
Alrighty then. I do think it's interesting that Jebus (already a divine being) needs to have a soul in addition. Can someone call the theologian on-call and have them explain that one ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
18-04-2014, 06:35 AM
(18-04-2014 06:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  When I saw this I immediately thought of Losty, I can't imagine why Consider Wink

i thought bunnies and fertility were related because of pregnancy testing.??

cue Steven Tyler "the rabbit done died"

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-04-2014, 08:12 AM
(18-04-2014 06:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Alrighty then. I do think it's interesting that Jebus (already a divine being) needs to have a soul in addition. Can someone call the theologian on-call and have them explain that one ?

Not just that but taken that Jebus is part of the Holy Trinity are there three separate souls in one as well?

Bucky, I have taken the time to read through all of the RCC dogmas and my head just explodes.

20-04-2014, 11:33 AM
[Image: 10151419_725421087498187_1382696890512057895_n.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post