Easter and fundamentalist beliefs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Easter and fundamentalist beliefs
The few fundamentalists are at it again, telling whomever they can pin down about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. And they think it's wonderful. It makes me want to gag. Would any of you fathers sacrifice your son so the neighbors wouldn't sin? This, to me is a highly immoral act which means their gawd is immoral. One of these funda couples lost a son at about 12 years of age so they know the pain of that, yet they glory in Jesus death. That is twisted thinking in my books.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: Easter and fundamentalist beliefs
(07-04-2014 07:38 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  The few fundamentalists are at it again, telling whomever they can pin down about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. And they think it's wonderful. It makes me want to gag. Would any of you fathers sacrifice your son so the neighbors wouldn't sin? This, to me is a highly immoral act which means their gawd is immoral. One of these funda couples lost a son at about 12 years of age so they know the pain of that, yet they glory in Jesus death. That is twisted thinking in my books.

Unfortunately, blood is what most deities want. Religion is the one thing that can get rational people to do irrational things.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-04-2014, 09:15 AM
(07-04-2014 07:38 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  The few fundamentalists are at it again, telling whomever they can pin down about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. And they think it's wonderful. It makes me want to gag. Would any of you fathers sacrifice your son so the neighbors wouldn't sin? This, to me is a highly immoral act which means their gawd is immoral. One of these funda couples lost a son at about 12 years of age so they know the pain of that, yet they glory in Jesus death. That is twisted thinking in my books.

But Jeezus didn't really die. He's the "living god."
But he did. He died for your sins.
But he didn't.
But he did.
But he didn't.
But he did.
But he didn't.

I give up.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
08-04-2014, 09:23 AM

I used to have to deal with fundies more when I was younger. I'm glad now, that for the most part, I no longer have to. Sorry to hear that they're pestering you. At least Easter will be over soon!

(07-04-2014 08:54 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Unfortunately, blood is what most deities want. Religion is the one thing that can get rational people to do irrational things.

I wouldn't say the one thing, but yes, it does make people do weird things.
08-04-2014, 12:48 PM

I say if they are going to glory in his alleged death, we should market some really fun new Easter products to them. Like Chocolate Jesus. That damn Easter bunny has had that market cornered for far too long, granted it wouldn't be all that well received. But it might be worth a chuckle.

(Cadbury Cross? I always did like the eggs)

"Because I have a right to be heard... I have a voice!"
[+] 1 user Likes September's post
08-04-2014, 02:59 PM
I often hear them speak of the rapture or Jesus return to the mount of olives. It hasn't occurred to them as to how they'd get to the mount. I know what it's like when the Calgary Stampede is on, nothing available for 100 mi. Imagine the crowds 1000 fold.
08-04-2014, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 03:53 PM by Free Thought.)

A Fundie Response to an Immoral Critique:
But God is perfect, sir; perfect in every way. Any act ordained by God is, by extension, perfect. God can never be immoral, friend, for it is He who knocks set the morals.

Of course, we can see it is bullshit, but people more often than not it seems, go to gawd in times of need. Religion is one of the most powerful coping mechanisms designed by man, at least for those of religious tendencies.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-04-2014, 03:52 PM
(08-04-2014 12:48 PM)September Wrote:  I say if they are going to glory in his alleged death, we should market some really fun new Easter products to them. Like Chocolate Jesus. That damn Easter bunny has had that market cornered for far too long, granted it wouldn't be all that well received. But it might be worth a chuckle.

(Cadbury Cross? I always did like the eggs)

Ask and ye shall receive Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
08-04-2014, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 06:07 PM by Stevil.)
(07-04-2014 07:38 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  The few fundamentalists are at it again, telling whomever they can pin down about Jesus dying on the cross for our sins.
Yeah, not so interested in the whole Christian Jesus myth.

I consider Easter to be more about having some time off work, and celebrating the joy of chocolate.
Hmmm, I love Goddiva and Lindt and certainly enjoy discovering local quality handmade chocolates.
What do you like? Dark, milk or white chocolate?
My wife likes the dark stuff, Me I can go with any depending on my mood.

The Spanish hot chocolate (the thick stuff) is almost worth dying for.

And chocolate cake, Oh Num num, especially with some liqueur in it.
Although I am generally not a huge fan of chocolate liquer novelties, they seem a bit naff.

Do you Christian folk do the giving and eating of chocolate at Easter?
You really should you know. Otherwise you are missing out on the whole thing.
Maybe instead of bread and wine in church they should do Cadbury Creme Eggs and Spanish hot chocolate instead, I think that would be a great idea.
08-04-2014, 10:51 PM
(08-04-2014 03:52 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Ask and ye shall receive Thumbsup

Ha! I'm surprised my brother hasn't introduced me to that song, he's quite the Tom Waits fan.

"Because I have a right to be heard... I have a voice!"