Easter is coming, I want to understand this Jesus story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 09:59 PM
RE: Easter is coming, I want to understand this Jesus story
(02-04-2014 09:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 09:52 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh shit! I keep forgetting that I am legally a reverend now! So you are wrong, evolutionkills. I can absolve them of their sins. I'm the guy! Thumbsup

So, are you saying that you too are imaginary? Consider

No, but I'm legally a reverend, so I can absolve you of your sins. I piece of paper I got from a website said so! Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 10:01 PM
(01-04-2014 11:29 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  The whole "blood sacrifice" in order to absorb, and take away our "sin" is nonsense. If someone rapes and murders a young child, but then their sin is "washed away" by Jesus's "sacrifice"....sorry, but that asshole still raped and murdered a kid. That's still a thing regardless of any other event that ever happens.

Even if this Jesus bullshit were true, and some "thing" called "sin" really did "leave" that child rapist/murderer...even if we accept the premise that some literal thing called "sin" is now gone from him...he still actually did murder and rape a child. No amount of pretending that magically is not a thing that happened, or that the weight and meaning of it is now gone, no amount of magical thinking undoes the fact that it did actually happen.

Even if we accepted the concept of "sin", and that it could be removed, it still doesn't mean anything because the people who did the things they did still did do them. It's meaningless to say there is a thing separate from the act that matters, and that separate thing can be removed despite the thing still happening.

"Sin" is pointless tripe of a concept...

http://heritageinstitute.com/zoroastrian.../index.htm
http://www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm
Sound familiar ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-04-2014, 10:38 PM
(01-04-2014 03:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  All human nature is depraved - sinful. Because of this sinful nature, it affected the entire earth. Your depraved nature leads you into sin even though your human nature is enough of a "sin". Nature is affected by sin because of the fallen human nature; not the other way around.

Shocking

Isn't part of the story that humans were made in His image both physically and spiritually? If human nature is depraved then so must be the makers AS PER YOUR BELIEFS.

Fallen human nature...I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely non-sensical that is to me.

Depraved. Wow. This is what we all are huh?

de·praved adjective \di-ˈprāvd\
: very evil : having or showing an evil and immoral character

Is this how you think of yourself? Of us? Of me?

I love my wife, family, friends. I empathize and sympathize and help others and yet as a human my nature is depravity? Your teachings claim this? It is a blatant attack on our humanity. It is a claim to subjugate the human spirit.

My brother, the only depravity I see is believing and then teaching other human beings these ideas. That IS truly immoral and dare I say evil.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
02-04-2014, 10:53 PM
(02-04-2014 10:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 03:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  All human nature is depraved - sinful. Because of this sinful nature, it affected the entire earth. Your depraved nature leads you into sin even though your human nature is enough of a "sin". Nature is affected by sin because of the fallen human nature; not the other way around.

Shocking

Isn't part of the story that humans were made in His image both physically and spiritually? If human nature is depraved then so must be the makers AS PER YOUR BELIEFS.

Fallen human nature...I can't even begin to tell you how absolutely non-sensical that is to me.

I love my wife, family, friends. I empathize and sympathize and help others and yet as a human my nature is depravity? Your teachings claim this? It is a blatant attack on our humanity. It is a claim to subjugate the human spirit.

My brother, the only depravity I see is believing and then teaching other human beings these ideas. That IS truly immoral and dare I say evil.

It's a sad reality that modern happy clappy christians don't know about traditional doctrine. A&E were in God's image but their sin wholly corrupts us all from the time of birth. You only appear to do good because god checks your depravity, but even your apparent good deeds are stained by sin.

It's a terribly damaging thing to teach children. Seth's video 'welcome to this world' is very poignant on this point, and would be required viewing for all parents in my atheist utopia.
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
03-04-2014, 01:56 AM
(02-04-2014 09:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 09:52 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Oh shit! I keep forgetting that I am legally a reverend now! So you are wrong, evolutionkills. I can absolve them of their sins. I'm the guy! Thumbsup

So, are you saying that you too are imaginary? Consider

Are you implying the Dinosaur you met on the internet may not be 100% factual?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-04-2014, 02:02 AM
(01-04-2014 03:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 03:09 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Also, if everything of nature is affected by sin, no matter what, then I never did anything wrong because it's not my fault. It's natures fault, so I'm free of guilt or responsibility for any of it.

All human nature is depraved - sinful. Because of this sinful nature, it affected the entire earth. Your depraved nature leads you into sin even though your human nature is enough of a "sin". Nature is affected by sin because of the fallen human nature; not the other way around.

That's just some shit that some Dark-Age choirboy-fucker made up to scare village idiots. This "sin" bullshit is just snake-oil bullshit. C'mon KC, you're smarter than that fairy-tale bullshit. Really.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-04-2014, 02:02 AM
(03-04-2014 01:56 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 09:56 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So, are you saying that you too are imaginary? Consider

Are you implying the Dinosaur you met on the internet may not be 100% factual?

Do you mean that not everything on the internet is true!? Shocking

MY LIFE IS A LIE! Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-04-2014, 02:11 AM
If all sin is forgiven, why do so many American Xians call for the death penalty of criminals?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-04-2014, 02:26 AM
It can be summarized like this: YHWH sets up a game that can't be won, gets mad when you fail, demands that an animal be killed so he doesn't kill you. After a time the animal sacrifice is not enough so he sacrifices himself to himself so he can forgive you, and not be angry for failing to win the unwinnable game het set up in the first place.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
03-04-2014, 05:06 AM
(02-04-2014 10:38 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Shocking

Bravo!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user