Easy Guaranteed Income For Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Easy Guaranteed Income For Life
Often when people lament about the lack of certain necessary inventions the missing invention most missed is the flying car. "We can make bisquits out of cardboard but where's my flying car?" is the common refrain.

This constant focus on developing a flying car is misguided. We actually don't really need flying cars (especially flying cars piloted by the kinds of drivers out on the road).

If someone is looking for an invention that would genuinely advance the state of the world, I can't think of anything more useful than creating a rewind button for life that works. Put that together and your troubles are over. You can have a flying car - I want a rewind button that works.

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Airportkid's post
09-04-2016, 11:07 AM
RE: Easy Guaranteed Income For Life
I want a Starbucks in my kitchen with a barista.
09-04-2016, 11:12 AM
(09-04-2016 10:53 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  If someone is looking for an invention that would genuinely advance the state of the world, I can't think of anything more useful than creating a rewind button for life that works. Put that together and your troubles are over. You can have a flying car - I want a rewind button that works.

I might know a guy.

#sigh
09-04-2016, 11:13 AM
(09-04-2016 10:53 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Often when people lament about the lack of certain necessary inventions the missing invention most missed is the flying car. "We can make bisquits out of cardboard but where's my flying car?" is the common refrain.

This constant focus on developing a flying car is misguided. We actually don't really need flying cars (especially flying cars piloted by the kinds of drivers out on the road).

If someone is looking for an invention that would genuinely advance the state of the world, I can't think of anything more useful than creating a rewind button for life that works. Put that together and your troubles are over. You can have a flying car - I want a rewind button that works.

Tongue
"Your life need a do-over? Well now you can get the new DO-OVER, from Ronnco! (Brought to you by Direct to Yard Sale Products.)"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2016, 11:25 AM
(09-04-2016 10:53 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  You can have a flying car - I want a rewind button that works.

If a rewind button were generally available I suspect time would effectively go into reverse as everybody just kept pushing it over and over.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-04-2016, 07:34 PM
(09-04-2016 11:25 AM)unfogged Wrote:  ... as everybody just kept pushing it over and over ...

Yeah but you could push it again so as to refrain from pushing it so much. Useful even in infinite regress. Handy. Why aren't you in your workshop with this half done by now? Buncha slackers here on TTA I have to say. Tongue
09-04-2016, 09:14 PM
We've had flying cars for a while. They're called 'planes'.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
(09-04-2016 10:53 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  ...
I want a rewind button that works.

Tongue

I'd be content with a PAUSE button.

And I'd guess that Banjo can't wait to press PLAY.

Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-04-2016, 10:27 PM
There's this. Buy a button. Press that button. Amazon will deliver stuff to you.

09-04-2016, 10:47 PM
(09-04-2016 10:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  There's this. Buy a button. Press that button. Amazon will deliver stuff to you.

[Image: sasuke-s-easy-button-o.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post