Easy Guaranteed Income For Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Easy Guaranteed Income For Life
You wanna make an easy living and heaps of cash? Become a musician! Er, hang on.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
15-04-2016, 11:26 AM
(09-04-2016 10:53 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  Often when people lament about the lack of certain necessary inventions the missing invention most missed is the flying car. "We can make bisquits out of cardboard but where's my flying car?" is the common refrain.

This constant focus on developing a flying car is misguided. We actually don't really need flying cars (especially flying cars piloted by the kinds of drivers out on the road).

If someone is looking for an invention that would genuinely advance the state of the world, I can't think of anything more useful than creating a rewind button for life that works. Put that together and your troubles are over. You can have a flying car - I want a rewind button that works.

Tongue

Well we already have flying cars; they're just impractical and expensive for a variety of reasons.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/h...lying-car/

Probably the best flying car in existence and enjoying widespread success was developed by Igor Sikorsky. It's called a helicopter.

And, incidentally, easy money is BS. It's a waterless cloud, a mirage, El Dorado.

Your OP reminds me of an old personal ad I once saw about a guy who wanted a partner to travel back in time with. Just one catch; the partner had to have a working time machine or know how to develop one.

Always the small hangups that get you.........

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
15-04-2016, 11:29 AM
And Dante and Randall already had this conversation.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
15-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Flying car....well....in someone's imagination and with computer animation but still, kinda cool if it would actually work.

Here it is in the REAL world. It's not quite as cool looking though.

And I don't want a restart button. I just want to be able to find lost things so I never have to look for my keys or lost hair brush or the myriad of other stuff I'm always looking for.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
15-04-2016, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2016 01:48 PM by Brian37.)
I am tired of the bullshit cliche "hard work". If work were always supposed to be hard, then why do humans invent anything to make their lives easier. Business owner don't own businesses because they like sweating and working long hours. Maybe some do, but what they really like is the control, and it is much easier to expend energy over longer periods of time when you control the environment.

Work should not be hard, it should be productive yes, but not desperate slavery. Balance outside work matters too. Far too much of our modern economy has a hidden cost that big business does not want to face. Overworked and underpaid multitasking employees are great for the CEOs and Sharholders but to tax payers in general the cost is much worse. Healthy workers and well rested workers with the economic stability to have time off the clock helps the productivity when they are on the clock.

Humans are not machines.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
15-04-2016, 02:16 PM
(15-04-2016 01:44 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  I am tired of the bullshit cliche "hard work". If work were always supposed to be hard, then why do humans invent anything to make their lives easier. Business owner don't own businesses because they like sweating and working long hours. Maybe some do, but what they really like is the control, and it is much easier to expend energy over longer periods of time when you control the environment.

Work should not be hard, it should be productive yes, but not desperate slavery. Balance outside work matters too. Far too much of our modern economy has a hidden cost that big business does not want to face. Overworked and underpaid multitasking employees are great for the CEOs and Sharholders but to tax payers in general the cost is much worse. Healthy workers and well rested workers with the economic stability to have time off the clock helps the productivity when they are on the clock.

Humans are not machines.

Young people where I used to work discussed commuting to work instead of living close. I always told them to buy a home near where you work, if you expect to stay. The cost of the mortgage will be less painful as the years roll by, since they would get raises and promotions while the mortgage stayed the same. I had a "career' which involved a long commute and years out of town of travel for business. I missed out on a lot of the stuff kids do after school, like swim meets, water polo games, track meets, etc. I ask them point blank which is more important to them. The ones with young kids usually bite the bullet and buy locally, if possible.
15-04-2016, 02:16 PM
I would think the undo button would create a new tangent universe everytime you pressed it and multiple versions of yourself from all the other timelines would be existing alongsisde you...it might even create doubles of yourself since the past you and the future you will still exist, just the first one would be the one that dropped the coffee mug and it shattered everywhere and the second one went back to stop that from happening...I'm assuming this undo button only works if you want to go back a few seconds?

If I could have just one cool future invention it would be the food replicator from Star Trek, to be able to just say anything you want to eat or drink and get it right away would be awesome. I always wondered where all the plates and cups went though. You always see Picard ordering a cup of Tea but what happens to all those tea cups? Do they throw them away into a compacter or shoot them off into space? If not for all the unnecessary mess and garbage it would be a great thing to have.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
16-04-2016, 04:55 AM
id rather have a fast forward button myself.
16-04-2016, 04:59 AM
(09-04-2016 10:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 10:53 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  ...
I want a rewind button that works.

Tongue

I'd be content with a PAUSE button.

And I'd guess that Banjo can't wait to press PLAY.

Undecided

Pause button is the way to go.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
16-04-2016, 06:19 AM
(09-04-2016 11:07 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I want a Starbucks in my kitchen with a barista.

You bankroll, and I'll make it happen.