Eat those Organs!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Eat those Organs!
Every year at christam I get this feeling that I am the only person left on the planet who knows how to enjoy some fine cooked organs.

I am not a big friend of kidneys, but calf liver, brain, blood pudding, spleen and all that stuff are things I really cant resist.

Especialy pork brains, blood pudding and liver. Liver, be it as a paste or nicely fried is something so delicious it`s hard to describe.

Are people like me who enjoy organs for dinner dying out?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
23-12-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: Eat those Organs!
Rainbow Vomit

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Depends on how it's prepared, but yes, I can enjoy a variety of it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-12-2014, 01:28 PM
I do like blood pudding, and if you twist my arm I'll have some goose liver pate, but organ meats don't do it for me in general.
23-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Love Black Pudding (the proper English name for Blood pudding) especially some of the regional varieties with various herbs and spices added.

Also like Haggis and love Faggots which are both basically minced organs, lungs, spleen etc.

Heart is good, liver is great and kidney is good provided they are not cooked whole. Don't know why anyone would do that. fried on the outside, steamed in piss inside.

I also quite like brawn. Not an organ but made from pigs trotters so many find it just as repulsive.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
26-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Yeah sure. A big plus 1 on Haggis (complete with Tatties and Neeps), plus braised hearts are simply fantastic - lean yet tender. A big favourite when I was a kid.

I do duck or pork liver pate, but can't really stand pigs and or calves liver on their own, or kidneys.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
26-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Re: Eat those Organs!
At an Irish place in Charlotte, I had a plate that included servings of black and white pudding. Then when I got home, I looked for recipes.
26-12-2014, 09:04 PM
(23-12-2014 12:22 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Every year at christam I get this feeling that I am the only person left on the planet who knows how to enjoy some fine cooked organs.

I am not a big friend of kidneys, but calf liver, brain, blood pudding, spleen and all that stuff are things I really cant resist.

Especialy pork brains, blood pudding and liver. Liver, be it as a paste or nicely fried is something so delicious it`s hard to describe.

Are people like me who enjoy organs for dinner dying out?

I like both calf and poultry and blue crab liver but I don't thinks it's good to eat it too often since that's kinda like where all the toxins collect.

I like turkey hearts but never had beef heart. Haven't tried the others.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
26-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Rocky mountain oysters are darn tasty. Can't say I've tried much of the rest of the things listed so far.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-12-2014, 09:11 PM
Hannibal enjoys a good organ, too. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post