Eat those Organs!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: Eat those Organs!
(26-12-2014 09:09 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Rocky mountain oysters are darn tasty. Can't say I've tried much of the rest of the things listed so far.

Never had them but heard they are good. I'd imagine the texture would be chewy like a turkey gizzard?

Oh, and I had tripe once and hated it and had chitlins once and tasted like I was eating shit sacks.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2014, 08:18 AM
You would be fine dining out in 西安. I enjoy visiting China for the food, and the fact that they know how to cook offal over there is a real plus. You can get the pork offal in particular prepared to a fine standard in various dishes. I tend to steer clear of brains[1], and I'm a bit variable on some preparations of liver. I'm up for pretty much anything though. If I'm ever in in an area where I know I can trust the quality, Haggis is on my must-eat list.

[1] http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/prions/

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Actually, what I could really use right now is that strange raw German pork and onion rough minced pate. Forgot what it's called...(anybody German on the board who could remind me?)

Everything I know about food hygeine tells me this should kill me, but still...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
07-01-2015, 09:56 PM
I've always enjoyed liver pate. ^_^
[+] 1 user Likes Waif's post
07-01-2015, 10:04 PM
They don't look that tasty.

[Image: Salt_Lake_City_Organ.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.