Eating pig is still sinful

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2012, 02:39 AM
RE: Eating pig is still sinful
Quote: For those not familiar with the story, Daniels' 3 friends (I'm not going to bother trying to spell their names) refused to eat the king's meat that had been "offered" to idols. Instead they ate just vegetables and water. And behold! after months of this they were stronger and healthier than all of the men who had been eating the king's meat and drinking wine.

I'd have to call bullshit on this story. 2000 years ago life was very tough and hard. If you wanted to survive, you had to work on the fields, you had to walk long distances, carry everything with your hands and that all means that you were spending a lot more energy than we spend today while we are sitting in front of our computers. If they were living on vegetables, they could be healthier, but not stronger in any way. Also, we all know that wine is very good for you, it is quite nutritious, caloric and healthy, so this part about wine is also BS. Also, vegetarians today use supplements to make up for not eating meat, like soya, mushrooms (or similar food), some take pills of vitamins and similar stuff, they did not have any of that 2000 years ago, as well as the complete lack of knowledge about the vegetarian subject.

One other factor is crucially important here, meat we eat today is industrial shit, not pure, clean, natural old-school meat it was 2000 years ago, with fresh grass, unpolluted air and all that nice eco stuff.

The only solution that would explain this story in it's favour is that all the kings meat was infested with parasites, so that would not make 3 Daniels friends stronger than the rest, it would make other people weaker than the 3 Daniels friends... The parasites were pretty common thing back then, I would presume...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2012, 04:33 AM
(11-04-2012 09:49 PM)BlahBlokesBraBroke Wrote:  
(11-04-2012 05:43 PM)Crusher Wrote:  My gf who is a muslim never eats pig and when I tell her pig is really delicious she says "ew no it's gross".

YOU NEVER ATE IT HOW CAN YOU KNOW GRAAGBLAGAFAGH!!!!
You never ate poop but when a scab-fetish ask you to eat poop you would say "euuuuu its gross"

Brain-washing alters the way we taste. Pickles taste good right, but people tends to throw it off because of its smell.

about the poop, its cos your parents told you poops are bad, or as a baby its natural for you to eat poop due to curiosity. Alternatively, if you were raised by rabbit, you would find poop delicious
No, if you were raised by a rabbit, you might or might not. Be raised by a rabbit doesn't make you a rabbit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-04-2012, 07:57 AM
(13-04-2012 02:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  
Quote: For those not familiar with the story, Daniels' 3 friends (I'm not going to bother trying to spell their names) refused to eat the king's meat that had been "offered" to idols. Instead they ate just vegetables and water. And behold! after months of this they were stronger and healthier than all of the men who had been eating the king's meat and drinking wine.

I'd have to call bullshit on this story. 2000 years ago life was very tough and hard. If you wanted to survive, you had to work on the fields, you had to walk long distances, carry everything with your hands and that all means that you were spending a lot more energy than we spend today while we are sitting in front of our computers. If they were living on vegetables, they could be healthier, but not stronger in any way. Also, we all know that wine is very good for you, it is quite nutritious, caloric and healthy, so this part about wine is also BS. Also, vegetarians today use supplements to make up for not eating meat, like soya, mushrooms (or similar food), some take pills of vitamins and similar stuff, they did not have any of that 2000 years ago, as well as the complete lack of knowledge about the vegetarian subject.

One other factor is crucially important here, meat we eat today is industrial shit, not pure, clean, natural old-school meat it was 2000 years ago, with fresh grass, unpolluted air and all that nice eco stuff.

The only solution that would explain this story in it's favour is that all the kings meat was infested with parasites, so that would not make 3 Daniels friends stronger than the rest, it would make other people weaker than the 3 Daniels friends... The parasites were pretty common thing back then, I would presume...

Smile
Filox, my friend, of course you call bullshit because you don't start from a place of faith in the supernatural. But to a True Believer, your points are exactly why people believe this fairy tale. They know vegetables and water wouldn't make someone stronger. That's why it's such strong "evidence" that there was intervention by YHWH. You need to have stronger faith, my friend, so you can believe!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
13-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Oh I see now. I see the light and truth in your words! Hallelujah I can see the light now!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
13-04-2012, 08:21 AM
(13-04-2012 08:19 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh I see now. I see the light and truth in your words! Hallelujah I can see the light now!

Big Grin
Reverend Erxomai still gets a tear in his eye when he learns he has helped yet another sheep find the Shepherd. Shy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Myeh, I only eat bacon, other than that I don't really care for the taste of pig.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
14-04-2012, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 02:34 PM by Starcrash.)
(13-04-2012 02:39 AM)Filox Wrote:  

Smile
In response to your objection, I actually bothered to look up the story instead of trying to recite it from memory. It said nothing about them being "stronger", and even if it did then it's safe to say that this word doesn't necessarily mean "more muscular". Instead, in verse 15 here, it says

Quote: 11 Daniel then said to the guard whom the chief official had appointed over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah, 12 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. 13 Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.” 14 So he agreed to this and tested them for ten days.
15 At the end of the ten days they looked healthier and better nourished than any of the young men who ate the royal food. 16 So the guard took away their choice food and the wine they were to drink and gave them vegetables instead.

So, "healthier and better nourished" from eating veggies instead of meat is the point that we're arguing. I could point out that actual vegans argue against this idea that "supplements are needed" in a vegan diet. Also, your assertion that "meat we eat today is industrial shit, not pure, clean, natural old-school meat it was 2000 years ago" is both uncited and probably not true. Ancient civilizations lacked any sort of health standards like we have now because they didn't understand the germ theory of disease. Wine has been found nutritious under certain conditions but I notice that you didn't debate the health content of water, and there's an obvious reason why you didn't make the claim that water is bad for you. It's perfectly reasonable that cutting nearly all of the fat from their diet made them "healthier and better nourished" than their wine-drinking, meat-eating counterparts.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2012, 02:48 PM
(12-04-2012 06:19 AM)jesus Wrote:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAj-jVyBmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn6pi_NLV...re=related
This guy never farmed in his life. Given enough room a pig will be the cleanest animal in the whole farm. You must keep a place to cool the pig off. A misting station is best. Pigs don't have sweat glands,that is why the pig rolls in mud. Also a pig will defend it's young with it's life. It's typical Bible bullshit. Goats eat everything too and they don't have the same line of shit put on them. In fact Muslims love goats meat and milk in the middle east.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
14-04-2012, 03:05 PM
(12-04-2012 01:38 AM)Egor Wrote:  In my ever so humble opinion, I really don't think people should eat pork. Pigs are intelligent omnivorous animals and most are raised in appalling conditions and killed quite inhumanely.

That's precisely why they're my favorite meat. They're smart enough to deserve my ingestion while also being smart enough to know the more of them I eat, the sooner they will be put out of their misery.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
16-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Quote: For those not familiar with the story, Daniels' 3 friends
(I'm not going to bother trying to spell their names) refused to eat the
king's meat that had been "offered" to idols. Instead they ate just
vegetables and water. And behold! after months of this they were
stronger and healthier than all of the men who had been eating the
king's meat and drinking wine.
It is possible, lets approach this more scientifically

A - Kings Meat were contaminated - not all bad meat leads to immediate reaction, some will have delayed food poisoning up to 3 month. or, the meat contain toxic property, perhaps lead or mercury, consume at a very small potion will not kill you but can build up and make you fell unwell

B - Dan and his friends were have been on junk food diet for too long, their digestive system is under stress, such as a stressed liver or pancreas not releasing enough bile and digestive fluid to break down the fat and protein in their diet, result their digestive system over-working followed by stress, which does provide physical unhealthy symptoms

C - Unbalanced diet - Dan and his friends might have unbalanced diet, not enough vegetable, result lacking in vitamin and fiber, and have a very direct effect on their health. By having extra vegetable in their diet their cells now receive enough vitamin to function and smooth pooping means no toxin build up in the gut

E - Magic in the water, or perhaps just enough water (vegetable have lots of water too), their body might be always a bit dehydrated, and eating meat will increase the speed of dehydration as result of breaking down protein. So, with now a low-protein and high water diet, their body become rehydrate which make them healthier

F - TOO FAT. and when I say this, I dont mean they have to be obese. They could be fat inside, high cholesterol, blood pressure, or heart problem, high blood sugar level, diabetics etc etc, due to their junk food diet, and by moving to vegetable and water, all they did is to moved onto a healthier diet, and as result, healthy body
PS - when I say healthier diet, I mean a diet that helps them balance their body condition. I obviously recommend you junk food if you were underweight, cholesterol level too low etc etc

So - not the problem with meat, perhaps Kings Meat but not meat overall. This story could caused by any of these possibility, or combination of two or even several possibilities.
[+] 1 user Likes BlahBlokesBraBroke's post