Eating pig is still sinful

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2015, 09:39 AM
RE: Eating pig is still sinful
(02-07-2015 09:03 AM)athinkingChristian Wrote:  Um, wow. As I said, this page popped up in a search I did today. I read through the comments and hadn't found an intelligent answer to the question posed in the post. I thought that was what this forum was for, so I attempted to share what I considered a well-thought out and thoroughly researched article. I'm a bit disappointed at the response. The self-proclaimed atheists I've encountered before now have been open to friendly debate and respectful exchange. I see this isn't the case here. Deleting my account.

Hello! Big Grin

I find on most forums that people do not appreciate the dredging up of 'Old' threads (Though various forums have different views on 'Old') but much prefer people to create new threads about the topics that interest them.

That being said, perhaps you would like to start a new thread and engage in conversation?

Much cheers to all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2015, 10:16 AM
(11-04-2012 04:38 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  I'm sure everyone is aware that the bible says (in the old testament) that eating pig flesh is "an abomination".

Just one more thing the "Good Book" got wrong. Hog is some goddamned good eating.
02-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Well the guy who never even met Jesus in the stories says it's okay... even though that has no barring knowing much about who Jesus if anyone and what he thought about it... regardless of that, the random guy who had a vision says it's okay... so it's okay duh!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-07-2015, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 02:55 PM by Mark Fulton.)
Jews don't eat pork.

"God" telling "Peter" (a Jew) to eat pork was Christianity's attempt to badmouth Jewish practices.

The new religion (Christianity, invented by Romans) was designed to undermine the old (Judaism) because many Jews weren't paying their taxes or obeying Roman law.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2015, 04:26 PM
(02-07-2015 09:03 AM)athinkingChristian Wrote:  Um, wow. As I said, this page popped up in a search I did today. I read through the comments and hadn't found an intelligent answer to the question posed in the post. I thought that was what this forum was for, so I attempted to share what I considered a well-thought out and thoroughly researched article. I'm a bit disappointed at the response. The self-proclaimed atheists I've encountered before now have been open to friendly debate and respectful exchange. I see this isn't the case here. Deleting my account.

I'm usually Mr Nice Guy, but tough shit. First of all, I don't know of any forums that get giddy over a 3-year-old necro thread.

Secondly, the site name itself admits it's a lame excuse. OK, I'll give you this one because you didn't claim it made sense.

No, wait, then you say "well-thought" for a site called lamesteverexcuse.org.

Self-proclaimed atheists? What does that even mean? Nothing, that's what.

Delete your account. Did you say anything after that except the equivalent of "I posted and now you're big poopyheads."

A better response would have been "Oops, didn't mean to pull a Lazarus."

[Image: c2c17c794b00fcf6918a3b21a12493ca.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
02-07-2015, 06:00 PM

Your link doesn't work.

Perhaps you could summarise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2015, 06:37 PM
(02-07-2015 07:03 AM)athinkingChristian Wrote:  This page popped up along with a slew of others in my search for an answer to this question today. The most solid case I found for why pork was outlawed for the Jews (and why it is no longer outlawed for Christians) was here:
http://www.lamesteverexcuse.org/eating-pork.html

Link is broken, belay your butthurt.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post