Eating what you should vs Eating what you want.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2014, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 03:06 PM by Adrianime.)
Eating what you should vs Eating what you want.
To start, i will say that i am not a fan of "diets". Instead I believe in a total shift of eating habits towards a healthy and sustainable diet (in the true sense of the word). I don't limit myself from certain food groups to stay healthy. Everything in moderation! That being said, the following is me thinking, and wishing I could eat whatever i want, and still be healthy..

I want a large meaty pizza with extra cheese at least once a week.
I want to drink orange juice, instead of water (was raised on the stuff).
I want tacos--packed large tortilla soft tacos, just to eat for a snack between meals.
I want ice cream for breakfast.
I don't care if i never eat a vegetable as a side ever again (mixed with other dishes is usually good).
I want carbs, endless carbs. Bottomless noodles, pastas, rice and breads.
When i eat a sandwich, any sandwich, I want 2 more.
I want bacon cheeseburgers for lunch. At least 2000 cals worth.
I want 3 eggs, 2 of every breakfast meat, hashbrowns, and french toast..at any given time.
I want some damned dinner rolls and real butter, i can eat 10, no problem.
I want to eat like it is thanksgiving everyday.
Whenever i go to a restaurant, and the people i am not with do not finish their meal, i want to grab their plates and enjoy the leftovers.

I want to eat like it has no effect on my health...
If i had it my way, I would eat 5000 calories a day.

Food, better than sex (sometimes), but not as good as health.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
07-02-2014, 02:32 PM
RE: Eating what you should vs Eating what you want.
(07-02-2014 02:30 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Food, better than sex (sometimes), but not as good as health.

You need a better sex life Drinking Beverage

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
07-02-2014, 02:37 PM
I've been eating salads almost every meal since last year and I can say now that I can't enjoy unhealthy food like I used to, I still binge on pizza and pasta on weekends but the rest of the week I need to eat healthy and lightly or I feel bad all day.
The good part is that as tasty/unhealthy food is less frequent I enjoy it more when I eat it, so I think it's a win-win situation, for me and fat-me Smile

and I agree food can be better than sex, Ryan you need better food Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-02-2014, 02:39 PM
(07-02-2014 02:32 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:30 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Food, better than sex (sometimes), but not as good as health.

You need a better sex life Drinking Beverage
You need better food / taste buds Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
(07-02-2014 02:37 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I've been eating salads almost every meal since last year and I can say now that I can't enjoy unhealthy food like I used to, I still binge on pizza and pasta on weekends but the rest of the week I need to eat healthy and lightly or I feel bad all day.
The good part is that as tasty/unhealthy food is less frequent I enjoy it more when I eat it, so I think it's a win-win situation, for me and fat-me Smile

and I agree food can be better than sex, Ryan you need better food Tongue

Food had never been *orgasmic* for me, though honestly, I am an inner fatass. The only thing keeping me skinny is my metabolism.
I stand by my previous statement Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 02:59 PM
(07-02-2014 02:39 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:32 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  You need a better sex life Drinking Beverage
You need better food / taste buds Cool

I wouldn't be able to choose. What's better than pizza after sex? And what's a pizza without sex before? You also burn calories Cool

(sometimes when I'm too hungry I get horny or when I'm too horny I eat like a pig)

Now, on the topic. I eat chocolate every day. I eat whatever I want. It's just that my stomach is used to small quantities so I'm lucky because I don't eat much (so I don't gain weight) but I can eat whatever I want.

I only gain weight when my grandma pushes me to eat those last 3 bites. Ugh.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
07-02-2014, 03:11 PM
(07-02-2014 02:37 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I've been eating salads almost every meal since last year and I can say now that I can't enjoy unhealthy food like I used to, I still binge on pizza and pasta on weekends but the rest of the week I need to eat healthy and lightly or I feel bad all day.
I changed my main diet back in college, and now I can hardly handle pre-packaged foods (unless they were frozen). But as far as delicious, calorie filled dishes...oh no, I will never lose my love for those. I just limit myself to only eating them very occasionally instead of often.

(07-02-2014 02:59 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:39 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  You need better food / taste buds Cool
Now, on the topic. I eat chocolate every day. I eat whatever I want. It's just that my stomach is used to small quantities so I'm lucky because I don't eat much (so I don't gain weight) but I can eat whatever I want.
Says the ridiculously beautiful woman Weeping...

Haha, actually since college I've been forcing myself to eat less than my desire, so my stomach does get full much easier than it used to. I'm still not at a completely healthy level though, I am trying to train my body to get full/satisfied on a healthy quantity of food per day. Right now I'm probably eating 110%-120% of what I should be.

07-02-2014, 04:12 PM
(07-02-2014 03:11 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Says the ridiculously beautiful woman Weeping...

Haha, actually since college I've been forcing myself to eat less than my desire, so my stomach does get full much easier than it used to. I'm still not at a completely healthy level though, I am trying to train my body to get full/satisfied on a healthy quantity of food per day. Right now I'm probably eating 110%-120% of what I should be.

Aw, what an exaggeration Blush

I've found the trick to be filling your stomach up with other stuff that's healthy before you eat something "bad". For example if I get a burger I will also try to order a salad too and have some of the salad first and then eat as much of the burger as I can.

Another trick is to use smaller plates. Start serving yourself smaller portions and you'll see that you'll be eating less.

And well, there are so many yummy healthy (or well, not very unhealthy) foods you can eat in great quantities Smile
The secret lies in the seasoning!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
07-02-2014, 07:22 PM
(07-02-2014 02:59 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 02:39 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  You need better food / taste buds Cool

I wouldn't be able to choose. What's better than pizza after sex? And what's a pizza without sex before? You also burn calories Cool

(sometimes when I'm too hungry I get horny or when I'm too horny I eat like a pig)

I only gain weight when my grandma pushes me to eat those last 3 bites. Ugh.

We have a lot in common. Wanna go out?

Atir aissom atir imon
07-02-2014, 07:28 PM
Got an odd question!
What's a good dish/meal that's filling, but won't make you gassy?