Eating what you should vs Eating what you want.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Eating what you should vs Eating what you want.
(08-02-2014 03:02 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 02:25 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Oh, I'd love too but it would be hard in so many ways Consider

^^^ I could , but I wont..... Evil_monster

I've had trouble all my life gaining weight, I eat everything under the sun.... Tongue

That's what she said Smartass

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
08-02-2014, 04:10 PM
My friend Jim was a health food nut. Knew everything there was to know about every type of food, lived as healthy as possible. Invited me over for lunch once a week so I would eat at least one really healthy meal. (No, it wasn't like that, he was gay. Tongue)

He died of leukemia at age 32. One of the last things he said to me: "So there you are, you eat and drink whatever you want, you smoke, you don't exercise, and you'll likely live forever. Me - I did everything right, and here I am dying. It's just not fair."

No, it sure wasn't fair. I was in my early 20s then, and I drank every night and lived an extremely unhealthy life in general. Sex, drugs and Rock 'n Roll. Now that I am older, I have better eating habits, don't drink much and generally live healthier.

But I will never deny myself life's little pleasures in order to live longer. Longevity isn't all it's cracked up to be - likely your kids will get tired of your ageing self and stick you in some home and forget about you. You'll spend years being dependent on strangers. Not my idea of a good life.

I am over 60 now, basically healthy, I eat everything I should and also what I shouldn't if I so please. I drink wine or beer with dinner and after that too, I still smoke, and I basically do what I like.

Give me another 10 years in a well functioning body, with a sharp mind and enjoying all the pleasures life has to offer, and I'll call it a great life.

Quality over quantity is my motto. Yes

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
08-02-2014, 04:37 PM
I get accused of eating health food by people who know me, but it's not really health food. I still eat fattening stuff like avocados and red meat and dairy and whatnot. I think everyone is in the green as long as they focus on nutrition instead of calories and blah blah blah. Ok...I *DO* still sprinkle nutritional yeast flakes on everything. Big Grin I had a vegan boyfriend in highschool who got me hooked on them. Plus I'm really paranoid about my B12 intake for absolutely no reason.

The important thing to remember is: HERBS, BITCHES. Have you ever checked out the nutrition information on freakin' parsley? It's almost up there with spinach. That's crazy!

(07-02-2014 07:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Got an odd question!
What's a good dish/meal that's filling, but won't make you gassy?

Egg drop soup!
DO IT.

Actually, you can flavor the fuck out of *any* broth by boiling eggshells in it for a few hours. Don't know why it helps, but it does. Supposedly it's the membrane that holds all the calcium carbonate together or some noise.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
08-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(08-02-2014 04:37 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I get accused of eating health food by people who know me, but it's not really health food. I still eat fattening stuff like avocados and red meat and dairy and whatnot. I think everyone is in the green as long as they focus on nutrition instead of calories and blah blah blah. Ok...I *DO* still sprinkle nutritional yeast flakes on everything. Big Grin I had a vegan boyfriend in highschool who got me hooked on them. Plus I'm really paranoid about my B12 intake for absolutely no reason.

The important thing to remember is: HERBS, BITCHES. Have you ever checked out the nutrition information on freakin' parsley? It's almost up there with spinach. That's crazy!

(07-02-2014 07:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Got an odd question!
What's a good dish/meal that's filling, but won't make you gassy?

Egg drop soup!
DO IT.

Actually, you can flavor the fuck out of *any* broth by boiling eggshells in it for a few hours. Don't know why it helps, but it does. Supposedly it's the membrane that holds all the calcium carbonate together or some noise.

Too much of anything is not a good thing. Too much yeast encourages gout, and boy, that shit hurts big time!

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-02-2014, 07:03 PM
^Isn't that like baker's yeast, tho?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
09-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Eating what i want:999
eating what i should:0
winner:food

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
09-02-2014, 07:11 PM
(08-02-2014 07:03 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  ^Isn't that like baker's yeast, tho?

Brewers yeast too. Any yeast. It's healthy and good for you, but not if you go nuts with it.