Ebola hits U.S. More Victims Pending

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 07:11 PM
RE: Ebola hits U.S. More Victims Pending
According to virology.ws, no human virus has ever been known to change its method of transmission...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
08-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Here's a link...

http://www.virology.ws/2014/09/18/what-w...ola-virus/

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
09-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Peter Piot, one of the scientists who discovered Ebola in 1976 has said in an interview that it mutating to become airborne is extremely unlikely.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oc...t-outbreak

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
09-10-2014, 02:17 AM
It's a nasty disease to get right enough, but take a looksie here, doesn't seem too much risk to you in US with a. all of you are vigilant 'cos of the media scare b. you have a medical service which works. Main reason why it's spread so much in Africa is
Quote:Nearly two thirds of the cases of Ebola in Guinea during the 2014 outbreak are believed to be due to burial practices.

Don't stress dude, you can die from lots of other things but Ebola is probably not gonna be the one.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-10-2014, 02:25 AM
(09-10-2014 02:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's a nasty disease to get right enough, but take a looksie here, doesn't seem too much risk to you in US with a. all of you are vigilant 'cos of the media scare b. you have a medical service which works. Main reason why it's spread so much in Africa is
Quote:Nearly two thirds of the cases of Ebola in Guinea during the 2014 outbreak are believed to be due to burial practices.

Don't stress dude, you can die from lots of other things but Ebola is probably not gonna be the one.

We will probably most likely die having to listen to Justin Bieber long before Ebola.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
09-10-2014, 03:45 AM
(08-10-2014 07:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  And stay out of West Africa.

The very words I live by. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
09-10-2014, 07:16 AM
(09-10-2014 02:25 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 02:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's a nasty disease to get right enough, but take a looksie here, doesn't seem too much risk to you in US with a. all of you are vigilant 'cos of the media scare b. you have a medical service which works. Main reason why it's spread so much in Africa is

We will probably most likely die having to listen to Justin Bieber long before Ebola.

Good god, I'd rather tongue-kiss an Ebola patient. Rainbow Vomit

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
09-10-2014, 07:32 AM
I highly recommend watching the film Contagion. It's scientifically plausible and more like a docu-drama in its style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contagion_%28film%29
09-10-2014, 07:37 AM
(09-10-2014 07:16 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 02:25 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  We will probably most likely die having to listen to Justin Bieber long before Ebola.

Good god, I'd rather tongue-kiss an Ebola patient. Rainbow Vomit

Don't joke bro, Justin Bieber is a very real threat.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 8 users Like morondog's post
09-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Now for a little Ebola satire Smile

CANTON, OH (The Borowitz Report)—An Ohio man has become infected with misinformation about the Ebola virus through casual contact with cable news, the Centers for Disease Control has confirmed.

Tracy Klugian, thirty-one, briefly came into contact with alarmist Ebola hearsay during a visit to the Akron-Canton airport, where a CNN report about Ebola was showing on one of the televisions in the airport bar. “Mr. Klugian is believed to have been exposed to cable news for no more than ten minutes, but long enough to become infected,” a spokesman for the C.D.C. said. “Within an hour, he was showing signs of believing that an Ebola outbreak in the United States was inevitable and unstoppable.”

Once Klugian’s condition was apparent, the Ohio man was rushed to a public library and given a seventh-grade biology textbook, at which point he “started to stabilize,” the spokesman said.

But others exposed to the widening epidemic of Ebola misinformation may not be so lucky. “A man in Oklahoma was exposed to Elisabeth Hasselbeck on Fox for over three minutes,” the C.D.C. spokesman said gravely. “We hope we’re not too late.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-...al_twitter

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 11 users Like Full Circle's post