Ebola hits U.S. More Victims Pending

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2014, 06:02 PM
RE: Ebola hits U.S. More Victims Pending
(17-10-2014 05:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 05:08 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  The really embarrassing part is when they update the story in the link and it turns out everything is cool. Blush

*Humbly begins unboarding windows*

Over react much Tongue

I'd rather over react than fail to react at all. Unsure

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2014, 06:04 PM
(17-10-2014 06:02 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 05:11 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Over react much Tongue

I'd rather over react than fail to react at all. Unsure

True, you just need that moderate reaction.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
17-10-2014, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2014 06:15 PM by Logica Humano.)
It's almost like ignorant individuals who live so fearful of these illnesses almost want it to happen -- for it to become a pandemic or epidemic, simply so that they may feel that their fears are validated. You are more likely to die in car crash tomorrow, or to die from the flu, or to even parish from lightning strikes, than you are to get ebola. A total of 4500 cases on the African continent have resulted in death. Said African individuals have an escalated mortality rate because they refuse to go to hospitals and instead rely on primitive medicine, ill-equipped to combat simplistic germ theory. I know you really want to be right, but please normalize your heart rate and grow the fuck up. Wash your hands, eat healthy, and sleep your recommended eight hours. And if you're a hypochondriac, thank you so much for spreading your ignorant fear-mongering, you inconsiderate assholes.

//rantover

P.S: I am still waiting for ebola to pay me a visit. It's rather inconsiderate and rude that it just sticks around piggy-backing on ISIS.

[Image: tumblr_nd4wxdoqch1sdl0dho1_r1_500.jpg]

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 5 users Like Logica Humano's post
17-10-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm a few credits shy of my geography degree.. but I would think the further place from any Ebola cases right now is likely Siberia or somewhere in northeast Asia. Head there and wait for it to slowly mangle it's way up to you or be engaged properly.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
17-10-2014, 06:13 PM
(17-10-2014 06:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It's almost like ignorant individuals who live so fearful of these illnesses almost want it to happen -- for it to become a pandemic or epidemic, simply so that they may feel that their fears are validated. You are more likely to die in car crash tomorrow, or to die from the flu, or to even parish from lightning strikes, than you are to get ebola. A total of 4500 cases on the African continent have resulted in death. Over 50,000 Americans a year die from the common flu. Said African individuals have an escalated mortality rate because they refuse to go to hospitals and instead rely on primitive medicine, ill-equipped to combat simplistic germ theory. I know you really want to be right, but please normalize your heart rate and grow the fuck up. Wash your hands, eat healthy, and sleep your recommended eight hours. And if your a hypochondriac, thank you so much for spreading your ignorant fear-mongering, you inconsiderate assholes.

//rantover

P.S: I am still waiting for ebola to pay me a visit. It's rather inconsiderate and rude that it just sticks around piggy-backing on ISIS.

You know shit's gotten out of control when Fox News starts making sense

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 6 users Like Smercury44's post
17-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I freaked out when the Swine Flu kicked off... The media had been banging on about a major, deadly flu pandemic for years (bird flu), and I thought this was it... The newspapers made out that the government were expecting thousands of fatalities, with bogus reports of "mobile morgues" and "mobile crematoria".

Seeing all this shit on TV, and in the papers made me physically ill... When I actually caught Swine Flu a year later, I realized the scaremongering had made me more ill than the actual virus.

Obviously Ebola is a completely different virus, that really is deadly... But all the online talk of a pandemic, or a major outbreak in the developed world are massively out of proportion. Sure, if we did absolutely fuck all about it, we'd be risking outbreaks from imported cases... But, while mistakes have been made handling the cases in Texas and Spain, we in the West are more than capable of preventing a public health crisis...

If Nigeria can contain it, so can we...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
17-10-2014, 06:31 PM
(17-10-2014 06:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 06:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It's almost like ignorant individuals who live so fearful of these illnesses almost want it to happen -- for it to become a pandemic or epidemic, simply so that they may feel that their fears are validated. You are more likely to die in car crash tomorrow, or to die from the flu, or to even parish from lightning strikes, than you are to get ebola. A total of 4500 cases on the African continent have resulted in death. Over 50,000 Americans a year die from the common flu. Said African individuals have an escalated mortality rate because they refuse to go to hospitals and instead rely on primitive medicine, ill-equipped to combat simplistic germ theory. I know you really want to be right, but please normalize your heart rate and grow the fuck up. Wash your hands, eat healthy, and sleep your recommended eight hours. And if your a hypochondriac, thank you so much for spreading your ignorant fear-mongering, you inconsiderate assholes.

//rantover

You know shit's gotten out of control when Fox News starts making sense

I agree with everything he said there... Ironically, he may have just demonstrated to the world just what a joke Fox News is. They're notorious for scaremongering and coming out with complete shit... Until they realize that they are genuinely frightening people who don't know better. Suddenly the back down...

The British media almost did the same thing during the Swine Flu pandemic... A girl at a school in the Midlands had picked up the virus in Mexico, and became ill during a lesson. The cameras turned up at the school as children were sent home terrified, some of them were in tears. The British media had been reporting it as if it was the apocalypse.

Suddenly their approach to reporting changed, and they began to stress how mild the virus was. People were raiding supermarket shelves.

Shows how powerful the media is.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 4 users Like Sam's post
17-10-2014, 08:50 PM
(17-10-2014 06:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It's almost like ignorant individuals who live so fearful of these illnesses almost want it to happen -- for it to become a pandemic or epidemic, simply so that they may feel that their fears are validated. You are more likely to die in car crash tomorrow, or to die from the flu, or to even parish from lightning strikes, than you are to get ebola. A total of 4500 cases on the African continent have resulted in death. Said African individuals have an escalated mortality rate because they refuse to go to hospitals and instead rely on primitive medicine, ill-equipped to combat simplistic germ theory. I know you really want to be right, but please normalize your heart rate and grow the fuck up. Wash your hands, eat healthy, and sleep your recommended eight hours. And if you're a hypochondriac, thank you so much for spreading your ignorant fear-mongering, you inconsiderate assholes.

//rantover

Dodgy

You can fuck in the general "off" direction, if you wish.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
17-10-2014, 09:56 PM
(17-10-2014 08:50 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  You can fuck in the general "off" direction, if you wish.

No thank you -- I will maintain my point because it is reality, not your "The Contagion" fantasy. Fear-mongering about something so trivial is ridiculous.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
18-10-2014, 06:34 AM
(17-10-2014 06:13 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You know shit's gotten out of control when Fox News starts making sense

That may actually qualify as a genuine sign of the end times.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post