Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 08:39 AM
RE: Ebola hits U.S. More Victims Pending

Big Grin

Came across this today...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
07-11-2014, 03:54 PM
(07-11-2014 08:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Big Grin

Being an American makes me hang my head in shame sometimes. We're so stupid. The news is a joke here.

First, the news tell you to be terrified and afraid of everything, then they have a special segment on how to be "safe", which usually involves some sort of "experts" (Facepalm !!) giving advice on the subject at hand. Or they have a segment on the psychological toll all the terror has on people, then they have a segment on how to deal with the terror so it doesn't psychologically damage you or your children, with detailed list of steps on how to not be in such a....... PANIC! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Gasp

OMG! We're all gonna die! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

It drives me nuts. Angry

I just wanna hit something.Bangin

Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-11-2014, 10:02 PM
(07-11-2014 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 08:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Big Grin

Being an American makes me hang my head in shame sometimes. We're so stupid. The news is a joke here.

First, the news tell you to be terrified and afraid of everything, then they have a special segment on how to be "safe", which usually involves some sort of "experts" (Facepalm !!) giving advice on the subject at hand. Or they have a segment on the psychological toll all the terror has on people, then they have a segment on how to deal with the terror so it doesn't psychologically damage you or your children, with detailed list of steps on how to not be in such a....... PANIC! AHHHHHHHHH!!!! Gasp

It drives me nuts. Angry

Dodgy

There's got to be some decent news reporting over there?

Your mainstream TV news (well, Fox News) seems almost like the red top newspapers over here... They constantly print complete bullshit. Not just genuine stories blown out of all proportion, but complete hoaxes. No attempt to hide their biases.

A lot is said about the BBC's supposed left wing bias... And in some cases it does exist. But when it comes to news reporting, the BBC is bloody good at it, and manage to stay pretty much impartial.

I always thought there was a channel called BBC World News America... Its name might have changed now, but I'm sure BBC world news is broadcast in the US.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
07-11-2014, 10:14 PM
(07-11-2014 10:02 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Being an American makes me hang my head in shame sometimes. We're so stupid. The news is a joke here.

It drives me nuts. Angry

Dodgy

Your mainstream TV news (well, Fox News) seems almost like the red top newspapers over here... They constantly print complete bullshit. Not just genuine stories blown out of all proportion, but complete hoaxes. No attempt to hide their biases.

A lot is said about the BBC's supposed left wing bias... And in some cases it does exist. But when it comes to news reporting, the BBC is bloody good at it, and manage to stay pretty much impartial.

I always thought there was a channel called BBC World News America... Its name might have changed now, but I'm sure BBC world news is broadcast in the US.

Yes, I do watch the BBC World News sometimes. I also get news on the internet from various sources but it's hard not to be aware of the crazy, American panic-ridden network news. It's like cultural, background noise.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-11-2014, 07:28 AM
(07-11-2014 10:02 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 03:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Being an American makes me hang my head in shame sometimes. We're so stupid. The news is a joke here.

It drives me nuts. Angry

Dodgy

There is a program of that nature, I think it's on a PBS channel around 5am. Yet I also get that and an Asian news channel on the Chicago area PBS channel.

At least Ebola is pushing into the musical realms too.. We have the ebola rap.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson