Eclipse of 1999

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Eclipse of 1999
I'm starting to leave the mythical thinking, but I can not help thinking that some events are not due to chance.

For example the eclipse of augusto predicted by mayan and Nostradamus.

It was was the day on which a 'Grand Cross' astrological pattern formed in our skies, of a type which only occurs roughly four times every hundred thousand years. The Sun, Moon and all the original planets studied by the ancients grouped themselves within four astrological houses - Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio. These four houses take the form of a cross with relation to each other, hence 'grand cross'. And these four signs represent esoterically the four Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, via the symbols Man, the Lion, the Bull and the Eagle. These four symbols are clearly referred to in the Biblical books of Ezekiel (Ch 1), and Revelation, (Ch 4).

Why that day predicted by these people? Why that strange alineation?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: Eclipse of 1999
(26-05-2014 02:56 PM)sophonian Wrote:  I'm starting to leave the mythical thinking, but I can not help thinking that some events are not due to chance.

For example the eclipse of augusto predicted by mayan and Nostradamus.

It was was the day on which a 'Grand Cross' astrological pattern formed in our skies, of a type which only occurs roughly four times every hundred thousand years. The Sun, Moon and all the original planets studied by the ancients grouped themselves within four astrological houses - Aquarius, Leo, Taurus and Scorpio. These four houses take the form of a cross with relation to each other, hence 'grand cross'. And these four signs represent esoterically the four Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, via the symbols Man, the Lion, the Bull and the Eagle. These four symbols are clearly referred to in the Biblical books of Ezekiel (Ch 1), and Revelation, (Ch 4).

Why that day predicted by these people? Why that strange alineation?

Nothing strange. Remember, these four 'houses' and their pattern is made up. It has no physical reality.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-05-2014, 03:34 PM
These stars were observed and grouped into constellations, and constellations into houses long before the bible was imagined. If this 'grand cross' was indeed calculated by the Mayans, it isn't much of a stretch to imagine that it was also known to the early christians (having been predicted independently of course) who would have designated their own symbols, the evangelists, to replace the older pagan names.

What was supposed to happen under the grand cross? Did it?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
26-05-2014, 04:01 PM
It is just the fact that there is a cross in that specific day predicted by those people.
26-05-2014, 04:10 PM
(26-05-2014 04:01 PM)sophonian Wrote:  It is just the fact that there is a cross in that specific day predicted by those people.

A cross is a very simple shape. All you need are four 'stars' of roughly the same brightness where you could draw two lines cross perpendicular to each other roughly in the middle.

I honestly can't see any of the shapes the stars are supposed to draw out. The plough to me looks more like a saucepan.
26-05-2014, 04:38 PM
(26-05-2014 04:10 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(26-05-2014 04:01 PM)sophonian Wrote:  It is just the fact that there is a cross in that specific day predicted by those people.

A cross is a very simple shape. All you need are four 'stars' of roughly the same brightness where you could draw two lines cross perpendicular to each other roughly in the middle.

I honestly can't see any of the shapes the stars are supposed to draw out. The plough to me looks more like a saucepan.

[Image: crusades.jpg]

Dodgy

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Sorry, but you won't find those four constellations in the night sky together at all. Your entire story is bullshit. Leo is most prominent in march, april & may while Aquarius can best be seen in august, sept & october. They won't appear in the same night sky together.

If you want to say that planets align at a specific time, that's fine. Its called Astronomy & Physics. Nothing supernatural about it and you can make predictions about where planets will be hundreds of thousands of years from now because of the laws of motion. Planets align. Constellations do not.

Please don't make me explain why.

From the moon, you will never see New York & Tokyo aligned in the same place. Your story is essentially saying the equivalent of four cities around the world all aligning together in the same place to form a cross.

Yes that would be miraculous and utterly impossible.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
27-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I was in town with my mum and grandmother that day... We were too far north for totality, but the sky became very dark, with an eerie, greenish light.

My grandmother refused to even acknowledge it.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2014, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2014 01:40 PM by Aseptic Skeptic.)
How do you make a cross with just 4 points?

I could take those 4 points and make a circle (although it might not be perfect). Or I could make a rectangle. Or a pair of parallel lines. Or maybe even an ankh. Or I could show you Shrek's face with two points being his eyes and the other two being his ears and draw the rest of his face from there. Or I could grab a 5th star nearby and make a pentagon or a star-shape out of them - or a pentagram.

The possibilities are only limited by our imaginations; people see what they want to see.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
27-05-2014, 10:31 AM
Being mystified by an eclipse is something left to the completely uneducated. It is merely a fun coincidence that the new moon and the solar disk comprise the same number of degrees of arc from our perspective. While an eclipse may be cool to watch, it has no more significance than someone crossing in front of the television. There's nothing mystical or prophetic about it.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post