Editorial Washington Times) Big Sister's police state TSA's tyrannical tacti

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Editorial Washington Times) Big Sister's police state TSA's tyrannical tacti
EDITORIAL: Big Sister's police state
TSA's tyrannical tactics threaten American freedoms
November 16, 2010

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has crossed the line. As if subjecting millions of Americans to X-rated x-ray scans and public groping sessions weren't bad enough, the agency now threatens $11,000 in fines against anyone refusing to submit to humiliation at the airport.

Oceanside, Calif., resident John Tyner found this out after he posted on YouTube a video of his degrading encounter with TSA screeners. Mr. Tyner's catchy phrase, "If you touch my junk, I'll have you arrested," spread quickly, thanks to attention provided by the Drudge Report. TSA was not amused, and an official announced Monday that Mr. Tyner faces punishment for leaving the airport without submitting to the high-tech or low-tech molestation options. (More)

Related:

The stench of the police state at US airports
Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2010, 08:06 PM
RE: Editorial Washington Times) Big Sister's police state TSA's tyrannical tacti
How can they deter terrorists if they don't put detection devices in the way? It seems that the TSA is stuck between being civil to civilians and preventing the same civilians from death by terrorists, bombers, nutcases etc. They need a real serious solution to this delema. If any idiot can walkj onto a plane with a bomb in his pocket the TSA gets blamed. If they make it hard for idiots to get bombs aboard they get blamed for their methods. Invent a pice of technology that can detect all bombs, weapons and the intents of all people boarding an aircraft without anyone seeing under-neith other peoplkes clothes, going through people luggage and being virtually invisible until a terrorist or nutcase is near it and you have solved the problem. Until then, maybe we should cut them a little slack.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2010, 08:12 PM
RE: Editorial Washington Times) Big Sister's police state TSA's tyrannical tacti
They have an impossible job for sure but do you really feel safer from all this? I fly fairly often and I work in one of the biggest terrorist targets on the planet (Time Square, New York City) and, quite honestly, I'm really tired of being presumed guilty because I dare to make use of modern technology to travel. And, this argument of "you have a right not to fly" is pure and total bullshit. Flying is part of modern society and is essential to the economy of the United States and most industrialized countries. If everyone took the TSA up on their offer to exercise their right not to get on airplanes, we would have one more industry the US tax payer had to bail out (as opposed to the subsidies we already give the airlines).

Sorry, but count me amongst those who agree with the Benjamin Franklin notion of he who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply