Educate me. Was there a Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
21-04-2012, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 12:49 PM by Antirepublican.)
RE: Educate me. Was there a Jesus?
(21-04-2012 07:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 04:07 AM)Magoo Wrote:  But how did all the story's from the bible suddenly become known to everybody and later to become the religion of Rome and later after that, 2 billion peoples religion?

Suddenly ? ... suddenly ? Nothing happened "suddenly"... which step in the chain of events are you suggesting was "sudden" ?

The historical chain of events is well known. You're gonna have to do your own homework. Tongue

There is no "2 billion people's religion". There are 32,000 sects of Christianity, AND every single one of the "2 billion people", has their own take on things. 99.999 % of people on Earth also thought the worls was flat. They were all wrong. What are you trying to say ? (That's the Argumentum ad Populum).
Who gives a shit if one sect thinks jesus is black and another white? They are still Christians, and they all fall into the same batshit category.

(21-04-2012 10:14 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The thing about Jesus is, it's nothing new.
It was a myth told times before.

Eygpt. Horus (Osiris upon death). Born to the virgin Isis. His birth was accompanied by a star in the east and his birth was adorned by 3 kings. Horus has 12 disciples. He was betrayed and crucified. He was dead for three days before he was resurrected on the third day.
Greece. Attis. Born to a virgin mother on 25th of December. Crucified. Resurrected on the third day of being dead.
India. Krishna. Was born to the virgin Devaki. His birth was signaled by a star in the east, he live and formed miracles with his disciples.Upon his death he was also resurrected.
Greece agin. Dionysus, also knows as "the alpha and omega". Born of a virgin mother on the 25th of December. Formed miracles and upon his death was resurrected upon the third the day.
Persia. Mithra. Born of a virgin mother on the 25th of December. Upon death was resurrected on the third day.

Here is some more, Chrishna of Hindosatn, Budha Sakia of India, Salivahana of Bermuda, Zulies, Zhula, Thor the son of Odin and the list goes on and on.

My point is, Jesus, the guy whose story didn't show up until like 150AD (seriously, how do you keep something like "the son of god" untold for over 100 years????), is exactly that, a story. Every other religion (or almost) had the same story, just a few hundred or thousand years before Jesus.

So do I think Jesus was a real dude? Nope. I do not.
This x 100....

I mentioned this before, but apparently they simply ignored it and continue on with their Jesus rant.

There is no absolutely no mention of this guy when he was a live.
No one that actually met jesus even wrote anything about him.
A lot of the historical events that supposedly happened during this time have been proven to be false.
His story was merely copied from other stories.
His existence is not important at all. The myths could still easily be passed on without the actual human ever existing.

If you are still delusional and think Jesus the person existed, fine we can't disprove that just as we can't disprove god. However, the character from the bible obviously did not exist. Even if you want to claim the human existed you cannot use A SINGLE CHARACTERISTIC of the biblical Jesus in regards to said human with the slightest degree of certainty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
21-04-2012, 12:49 PM
(21-04-2012 12:40 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Who gives a shit if one sect thinks jesus is black and another white? They are still Christians, and they all fall into the same batshit category.

1. As Dr. Fulton said, the best cure for Christianity is deconstructing it.

2. If you're not interested or can't discuss the thread, "there's the door".

3. If I need any advice about what to discuss, I'll be sure and ask.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-04-2012, 12:56 PM
(21-04-2012 12:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 12:40 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  Who gives a shit if one sect thinks jesus is black and another white? They are still Christians, and they all fall into the same batshit category.

1. As Dr. Fulton said, the best cure for Christianity is deconstructing it.

11 pages now, and the only conclusion you have come to is that "Jesus the Human" might have existed.

BRILLIANT!!! This thread is totally amazing! Such deductive reasoning...

Yah you definitely don't need my help to troll.

However, if you are so ignorant as to state that the Human Jesus definitely existed, then you might as well make the same declaration about god. After all you can't disprove him completely either.... So, just become a christian and get it over with.
21-04-2012, 01:33 PM
(21-04-2012 12:56 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 12:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  1. As Dr. Fulton said, the best cure for Christianity is deconstructing it.

11 pages now, and the only conclusion you have come to is that "Jesus the Human" might have existed.

BRILLIANT!!! This thread is totally amazing! Such deductive reasoning...

Yah you definitely don't need my help to troll.

However, if you are so ignorant as to state that the Human Jesus definitely existed, then you might as well make the same declaration about god. After all you can't disprove him completely either.... So, just become a christian and get it over with.
Isn't that the only point of the thread... It's just asking for "Jesus", not Jesus the Son of God.

While it is pretty much being a given here that the majority of members would obviously think not of any mythical Jesus... but of the possibility of a prophet who grew a big enough following to get mixed with other mythology named Yeshua. Whether or not any saying awful or not attributed to him is real is irrelevant to the singular question of existence.

The only things I see slightly in favor that lead to an actual human likely existing are: The traveling to Bethlehem from Nazareth. Unless there was the misuse of term Nazarene mixing something else at the point, maybe it excuses it... But otherwise who is James and why is he the only man deemed brother of Jesus, if he is not the brother of the rabbit guy.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-04-2012, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 03:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-04-2012 12:40 PM)Antirepublican Wrote:  My point is, Jesus, the guy whose story didn't show up until like 150AD

So do I think Jesus was a real dude? Nope. I do not.

This x 100....

I mentioned this before, but apparently they simply ignored it and continue on with their Jesus rant.

There is no absolutely no mention of this guy when he was a live.
No one that actually met jesus even wrote anything about him.
A lot of the historical events that supposedly happened during this time have been proven to be false.
His story was merely copied from other stories.
His existence is not important at all. The myths could still easily be passed on without the actual human ever existing.

If you are still delusional and think Jesus the person existed, fine we can't disprove that just as we can't disprove god. However, the character from the bible obviously did not exist. Even if you want to claim the human existed you cannot use A SINGLE CHARACTERISTIC of the biblical Jesus in regards to said human with the slightest degree of certainty.

Great.
Your stating your OPINION does not end a discussion.
And it is flawed. I don''t care what you think. You have provided not one documented piece of data to back up anything you have said.

1. The fact that no one "mentions" him during his lifetime is irrelevant. Exactly who, and where would YOU look for that to happen ? He WAS mentioned, starting about 70 CE, (NOT 150 AD). How, and why did you come to the conclusion it was 150 CE. ? That's NOT how History is studied, nor is it the criteria, historians use to determine something, (being "mentioned during their lifetime").

2. If the people who knew him were not writers, why would anyone "write" anything ? Again, your criteria are irrelevant, and frankly stupid.

3. Other things being proven false are irrelevant.

4. If the things that were written about him were from "other sources" (which they may have been), YOU have not said what those sources were. Why could the "other sources" be correct ? What are the "other sources" ?

5. His "existence" is not unimportant. The History of Western Civizilization is all about him.

6. The analogy to the "god disproval" is false, for obvious reasons.

7. So, for example, why should the Tacitus statement be discounted, tell us exactly ?

At any given time, those of us who have come to our positions are the minority here. Most of the time, most of the people viewing this blog are "guests", thanks to the great marketing of this blog by it's founders. Who knows why they are here, or what they are looking for ? A thread, "Was there a Jesus" is going to grab their attention. If some want to discuss the evidence for the historical Jesus, (which apparently you can't/won't), tough shit.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Tactius doesn't prove anything about an existing Jesus... He proves there was a christian religion who already wrote down their texts of the story of Jesus's crucifixion by Pontius Pilate well enough before for it to be known. Tactius didn't start writing that until the 2nd century and if the gospel books were written from around 90 AD, then it's reasonable the information came form there. It doesn't make the story true.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-04-2012, 02:11 PM
This Jesus did not exist.
[Image: Gesumise.jpg]

This one most likely did.
[Image: jewish+jesus.jpg]

I find it a bit strange that Christians decide to worship a very different looking Jesus. Its like the mythical Asian Jesus.
[Image: ChineseJesus.jpg]

Now, while I'm trying not to be racist, I do believe that race plays a gigantic factor in how it spread and was accepted during the time. If a deity looked like people around you it would be easier to accept. I always wondered if they had never changed his image if it would have been as popular. Maybe Alien Jesus could have been a better fit?
[Image: alien-jesus.png]

No?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
21-04-2012, 04:19 PM
(21-04-2012 12:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  1. As Dr. Fulton said, the best cure for Christianity is deconstructing it.

Dr. Fulton might be on to something. Christianity deconstructed.

[Image: bowl_chalice.jpg][/quote]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-04-2012, 05:24 PM
(21-04-2012 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-04-2012 09:20 AM)Blood Wrote:  So again there would have been no need for any of this if the gospels were written by members of the Roman hierarchy to undermine Jewish messianism in Palestine.

Am trying to see how that would work. Is there evidence any of the gospels, were written that way ? If so, what is it ? Which ones were written by the Romans, and when ? They are all vastly different, stylistically, so vastly different groups of "Romans" would have had to be the editors/authors. Are you saying Thomas, Peter, Judas, Mary Magdalen's gospels were also written by the Romans ? What would be the point of writing something, if the principle people they address, (each different, and well known), can't read, or at the very least, would have no access to the documenmt, in general . Who was "reading" them ? They weren't just laying around at the local library.
No, I'm not the one arguing for the Roman conspiracy, I was arguing against the conspiracy.
21-04-2012, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 05:34 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-04-2012 05:24 PM)Blood Wrote:  No, I'm not the one arguing for the Roman conspiracy, I was arguing against the conspiracy.

OK. Sorry. I read your post incorrectly.

(21-04-2012 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Dr. Fulton might be on to something. Christianity deconstructed.

[Image: bowl_chalice.jpg]

What are those things ? Little coins er somthin' ?

Lord I am not worthy.