Education Blows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2012, 12:47 PM
RE: Education Blows
The textbook racket is far more pronounced. Each can be upwards of several hundred dollars, and a new edition comes out each year preventing resale or buying used. E-books are helping a bit, though an e-license for a textbook can still be costly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 02:12 PM
(02-11-2012 05:37 AM)Diablo666 Wrote:  As a student of the past 20 or so years I have to say that the education system in the US just sucks donkey balls.
Yes...I agree that your education sucks Donkey Balls. My education also sucked Donkey Balls, and I'm pretty sure most everyone else's education sucked Donkey Balls, too. However, just because Education sucks Donkey Balls does not mean that it is not perfect and doesn't serve someone's purpose - it just doesn't serve the purpose of most of the citizenry.

If you would like to see a good synopsis of the state of education in this country, I think you should watch this short video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dpcd0woY2KY

Hope this helps.
02-11-2012, 10:31 PM
You just figuring out that mainstream education is a waste of fucking time after 20years?

Only took me 14..

Way too much useless shit. Prior to university way too much babysitting then actually teaching.

The whole thing could be reduced by many many years if it was streamlined and had the fat cut.
The problem is education is needed, no matter how inefficient it currently is, there is little funding for public schools and little incentive for private schools to update resources, use new technology (which can be a little more expensive then a bit of chalk) that would "cut the fat" etc.. and so we're stuck with this 1920's school system in 2012.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post