Educational Videos

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM

Educational Videos
I came across a website that has a lot of lectures and short videos made by professors and researchers from all over the world who basically volunteer their time to make them available for free. If anyone's interested in biology or looking to expand their knowledge in the biology, definitely check this website out:

iBioSeminars.org
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM

RE: Educational Videos
Awesome, thanks for sharing! I'll definitely be checking that out!
12-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Thank you for this! I always subscribe to things like this on YouTube and am disappointed when I run out of things to watch! xD This'll keep me busy for a while, I'm sure!

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2011, 11:40 PM
I also suggest this site http://www.topdocumentaryfilms.com

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
13-01-2011, 10:29 PM

(12-01-2011 11:40 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  I also suggest this site http://www.topdocumentaryfilms.com

Wow, there's A LOT of documentaries there. Thank you for sharing Smile
13-01-2011, 11:10 PM
No problem. Also that is updated almost daily with new stuff.

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
17-01-2011, 07:45 AM
This YouTube User also quite regularly uploads really amazing documentaries and such on Evolution. Being deprived of learning about it growing up, I really eat it up and am astonished by it. Hopefully you guys will like it, too! Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhyEvolutionIsTrue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
17-01-2011, 05:03 PM

This is SO cool! I absolutely love documentaries!

For anyone interested in Zoology, there is a PBS series called Shape Of Life. I personally found the vast majority of documentaries very vague, but Shape of Life goes into a lot of details; you'll feel like you're really learning how these animals work. It starts from the origins of life, then works through the major Phyla starting from Porifera (Sponges) to Chordata. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it online anywhere, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere if anyone's interested Smile
06-03-2011, 08:05 PM

This is another website that has an incredible collection of images and videos of virtually any species you can think of. I was just watching some videos of baby penguins, they're adorable ^_^

http://www.arkive.org/
06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I think there are plenty of classes from top universities for free on iTunes.
But you do need to install the software and make room to download the films.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user