Effect of weed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 07:22 AM
RE: Effect of weed?
(01-09-2017 07:13 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 02:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think maybe do consult someone with medical knowledge regarding *smoking* it specifically. AFAIK the risk of smoking is less from the weed and more from the smoke, with the danger being possible cancer. I'm not aware of how it might relate to heart disease.

Actually, from what I have read it's not cancer that connects to smoking cannabis, but emphysema. In the long run that is. All indicators point to cannabis being an anti cancer drug. Lots of research regarding that is in process.
I'm not really 100% sure, but I think the thing that causes cancer in regular cigurettes is not present in the ole "spliff", unless you put tobacco in there as well.

According to Cancer Research UK:

Quote:The main way that smoking causes cancer is by damaging our DNA, including key genes that protect us against cancer. Many of the chemicals found in cigarettes have been shown to cause DNA damage, including benzene, polonium-210, benzo(a)pyrene and nitrosamines.

Although, they also do mention:

Quote:When it comes to finding out whether cannabis can cause cancer, the evidence is a lot murkier. This is mainly because most people who use cannabis smoke it mixed with tobacco, a substance that definitely does cause cancer.

In short, It may or may not suppress existing tumor growth. And you should smoke it clean [No tobacco], in small amounts, and a non-mind bending strain Smile

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2017, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 07:36 AM by BikerDude.)
The first effect for many people is that it removes the giant stick that they have up their ass.
Smoke weed, drink beer and fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!
Can't hurt.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
01-09-2017, 10:25 AM
You will get different statistics usually based on the position the person providing them has to weed, I used to be dead against it as it can have extremely bad effects on mental health which I witnessed first hand during my nurse training, my take now however has softened a lot, it has the potential to cause devastation , but also as I discovered personally the potential to heal and improve life and I'm now extremely sad my dealer has been busted. I used it for sleep and pain issues and it worked brilliantly however one persons positive experience is not applicable to all. Truth is that everyone will react to weed differently so statistics are of limited value, but I do think that the time has come to decriminalize weed its certainly not as harmful as alcohol Imo.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-09-2017, 10:45 AM
My husband had cancer, and after 5 operations (yes, they screwed up and had to go back in) he had been gagging at the mere distant smell of food for 6 weeks and was skin and bones. All hospital meds, including synthetic cannabis, were tried to no avail. He was being fed intravenously, which apparently doesn't prevent you from turning into a skeleton. So I packed him into an ambulance and brought him home. We started with sublingual cannabis and the gagging stopped. We were able to start drinking fluid which I, very slowly over several weeks, increased in thickness. 3 months later he was eating, 6 months later he was his old self. The hospital had written him off. Weed saved him that time.

Unfortunately the cancer had spread and the good times were short, but we would not have had them at all without weed. Not to mention that gagging is very hard on you and he was just about out of strength, so the weed saved him from a lot of agony.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-09-2017, 11:19 AM
(01-09-2017 10:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  My husband had cancer, and after 5 operations (yes, they screwed up and had to go back in) he had been gagging at the mere distant smell of food for 6 weeks and was skin and bones. All hospital meds, including synthetic cannabis, were tried to no avail. He was being fed intravenously, which apparently doesn't prevent you from turning into a skeleton. So I packed him into an ambulance and brought him home. We started with sublingual cannabis and the gagging stopped. We were able to start drinking fluid which I, very slowly over several weeks, increased in thickness. 3 months later he was eating, 6 months later he was his old self. The hospital had written him off. Weed saved him that time.

Unfortunately the cancer had spread and the good times were short, but we would not have had them at all without weed. Not to mention that gagging is very hard on you and he was just about out of strength, so the weed saved him from a lot of agony.

Totally I totally believe this, I was so anti cannabis at one time but not anymore it has definite medical uses, OPEN YOUR EYES FDA !!
01-09-2017, 11:24 AM
When I take weed I slip into a blanket of warm fuzziness and sleep well waking up refreshed when I do alcohol I get angry aggressive I write stupid shit on TTA I later regret and pass out waking a couple of hours later with anxiety, no contest really. Yes
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-09-2017, 12:06 PM
(31-08-2017 02:26 PM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  What effect does smoking weed have on the human body?

If someone has a family history of heart related illnesses should they smoke weed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check this out.

Quote: Cannabinoids and their synthetic and endogenous analogs affect a broad range of physiological functions, including cardiovascular variables, the most important component of their effect being profound hypotension.
[+] 1 user Likes nosferatu323's post
01-09-2017, 12:21 PM
Effect of weed?
(01-09-2017 12:06 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 02:26 PM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  What effect does smoking weed have on the human body?

If someone has a family history of heart related illnesses should they smoke weed?

Check this out.

Quote: Cannabinoids and their synthetic and endogenous analogs affect a broad range of physiological functions, including cardiovascular variables, the most important component of their effect being profound hypotension.

Just a small spliff? Mild strain? 😐

01-09-2017, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 12:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
Did you not read it?

"Furthermore, cannabinoids have been considered as novel antihypertensive agents. A protective role of endocannabinoids in myocardial ischemia has also been documented."

#sigh
01-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Effect of weed?
(01-09-2017 12:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [quote='Bae Con Sand Witch' pid='1235038' dateline='1504290074']
Just a small spliff? Mild strain?

Apparently the weed we have at university is medium strain though, idk, I'm not an expert