Effect of weed?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2017, 12:35 PM
RE: Effect of weed?
(01-09-2017 12:06 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  Check this out.

Quote: Cannabinoids and their synthetic and endogenous analogs affect a broad range of physiological functions, including cardiovascular variables, the most important component of their effect being profound hypotension.

That's from 2008. Lots has been learned since, prejudices are still not removed, so take it with a grain of salt.

I wish my body would lower the blood pressure whenever I smoke - but alas - I am stuck with hypertension and the corresponding pills. I have smoked weed daily for some 50 years. My ticker ticks nicely.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
01-09-2017, 02:29 PM
A former pot smoker I worked with said he read a report that suggested some kind of longterm neuron effects.

I'm wondering if there was any truth to that or it was just biased conjecture.

I've never smoked (it's illegal in all forms here) but I wish I could. I'd like to see if it helps chronic migraines.
01-09-2017, 02:36 PM
(01-09-2017 02:29 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  A former pot smoker I worked with said he read a report that suggested some kind of longterm neuron effects.

I've never smoked (it's illegal in all forms here) but I wish I could. I'd like to see if it helps chronic migraines.

Well, research doesn't support that - as a matter of fact, only research done in the last few years has been un-prejudiced and was far and between because of the limited availability of weed to researchers. There is a lot going on now though. But they can only research one effect at a time, and so it's slow going.

All I can tell you is that after 50 years my neurons seem to be behaving properly.

Migraines - that kind of pain it cannot beat. It mainly allows you to forget your pain because it allows you to totally focus elsewhere. Some pain though is too dominating to be pushed aside, and I think migraines probably fall in that category. It can't hurt to give it a shot though - the stronger varieties may well allow you to sleep the migraines off.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
01-09-2017, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 02:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-09-2017 02:29 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  A former pot smoker I worked with said he read a report that suggested some kind of longterm neuron effects.

It's true - Long-term effects of marijuana use on the brain

What to make of those changes is a matter of opinion.

Long-term behavioral and biochemical effects of an ultra-low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC): neuroprotection and ERK signaling.

A chronic low dose of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) restores cognitive function in old mice

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2017, 03:16 PM
(31-08-2017 02:26 PM)Bae Con Sand Witch Wrote:  What effect does smoking weed have on the human body?

If someone has a family history of heart related illnesses should they smoke weed?

Impairs short term memory. Because the brain is not your friend, it allows long term memory to stitch up quite the design. Note, the second part is not supported by research.

Carry on.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, how short term?
01-09-2017, 03:26 PM
(01-09-2017 03:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Just out of curiosity, how short term?

Pull it out and measure it.

Umn, what were we talking about? Theoretically the eternal now is between 18 and 24 seconds. Start counting. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-09-2017, 04:26 PM

It's actually a tendency not to pay attention to some things in favor of some other things. While you are high. At least that is my experience. After 50 years of regular exposure, if there was a permanent effect, I would think I would show it. My memory is actually quite good for my age.

01-09-2017, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 04:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-09-2017 04:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  

It's actually a tendency not to pay attention to some things in favor of some other things. While you are high. At least that is my experience.

There's that. Thumbsup

(01-09-2017 04:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  After 50 years of regular exposure, if there was a permanent effect, I would think I would show it. My memory is actually quite good for my age.

It actually does reduce the size of your hippocampus where short-term memory formation occurs but there are all sorta prophylactics you can take for that, many are herbal ayurvedics with proven Western experimental support for promoting neurogenesis in the hippocampus like bacopa, ashawaganda, rhodiola, lion's mane mushroom, there are more. Plenty more research chemicals also. Russians got all sorta studies on all sorta shit that ain't even been translated into English yet. But it turns out that even if you have the smallest hippocampus, you can still be the smartest on the block. Just take nicotine with the weed. Need to tell my kids there's good reason for their blunts.

Also what I've noticed as I've gotten older is I seem to give less and less of a shit about acquiring and retaining new memories. I got enough to deal with already. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-09-2017, 11:26 PM
My long time weed smoker friends all say that the effect on their short-term memory has been profound, but they also say they do not think it's a big deal for them, one of them even considers it as a positive effect, since he thinks it helps him to "be in the present".