Egor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 10:26 PM

RE: Egor
(17-04-2013 07:29 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Just checked out Ed's website. Ok I get it. He's convinced he's going to defeat Atheism "one mind at a time".

Well don't hold your breath, Ed.

I like your signature. It applies to everyone except Jesus Christ. What to do with Christ--that's the problem.
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 10:55 PM
Quote: Actually (glad you brought it up), I am currently composing a memoir of exactly how I got to believe what I believe (i.e., that I am Christ, that I have the authority to edit the Bible, that I talk to God and He talks to me, that I am a prophet born to introduce a new Christianity for the Generation of humankind that began at the end of WWII).

Protestant canonical requirements for the Bible (from Wikipedia):

"Many modern Protestants point to the following four "Criteria for Canonicity" to justify the selection of the books that have been included in the New Testament—though these ideas aren't isolated to Protestant theology, but extend to or are derived from other Christian traditions:

Apostolic Origin — attributed to and based upon the preaching/teaching of the first-generation apostles (or their close companions).
Universal Acceptance — acknowledged by all major Christian communities in the ancient world (by the end of the 4th century) as well as accepted canon by Jewish authorities (for the Old Testament).
Liturgical Use — read publicly when early Christian communities gathered for the Lord's Supper (their weekly worship services).
Consistent Message — containing a theological outlook similar to or complementary to other accepted Christian writings.

It is sometimes difficult to apply these criteria to all of the books in the accepted canon, however, and one can point to writings that Protestants consider to be unscriptural, which would fulfill these requirements. In practice, most Protestants hold to the Jewish Tanakh for the Old Testament and the Roman Catholic canon for the New Testament."

‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

Satan's (or at least a prototype) prideful statements before his fall, Isaiah 14:14.

Dude, you are going off the rails of the crazy train...and that's just from the Xian perspective (which I am not, but I know their tricksy ways). You gotta get some help, because if you keep going with this stuff you'll be a pariah in both camps.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2013, 11:28 PM

(17-04-2013 10:55 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  "Many modern Protestants point to the following four "Criteria for Canonicity" to justify the selection of the books that have been included in the New Testament—though these ideas aren't isolated to Protestant theology, but extend to or are derived from other Christian traditions:

Apostolic Origin — attributed to and based upon the preaching/teaching of the first-generation apostles (or their close companions).

We have no idea who wrote the original Gospels. That's a fact accepted by Catholics and Protestants. Look it up.

Universal Acceptance — acknowledged by all major Christian communities in the ancient world (by the end of the 4th century) as well as accepted canon by Jewish authorities (for the Old Testament).

That was the old generation of mankind. The first generation was before the flood. The second generation was after the flood. The third generation was after Jesus Christ. The fourth generation started at the end of WWII.

Veridicanism is the true religion for the Fourth Generation.

God, I just have to post this:

These guys were definitely feeling it.

Quote:Liturgical Use — read publicly when early Christian communities gathered for the Lord's Supper (their weekly worship services).
Consistent Message — containing a theological outlook similar to or complementary to other accepted Christian writings.

Nonsense. What does that have to do with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

Quote:It is sometimes difficult to apply these criteria to all of the books in the accepted canon,

Well then, toss it out.

Quote:‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’

Satan's (or at least a prototype) prideful statements before his fall, Isaiah 14:14.

That passage doesn't even refer to Satan, and I think you know that.

Besides, I know all about Satan--you can trust me on that one.

Quote:Dude, you are going off the rails of the crazy train...and that's just from the Xian perspective (which I am not, but I know their tricksy ways). You gotta get some help, because if you keep going with this stuff you'll be a pariah in both camps.

Oh Jeez, then what will I do? Weeping
17-04-2013, 11:35 PM
age of aquarius? really Egor?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
18-04-2013, 12:28 AM

(17-04-2013 11:35 PM)nach_in Wrote:  age of aquarius? really Egor?

I'm just saying that vibe was present because of the change of generations of mankind.
18-04-2013, 12:53 AM
The only thing you said that makes sense is that no one knows who really wrote the Gospels (and the Isaiah passage is commonly seen as a portrayal of an archetype of Satan; prototype probably wasn't an optimal word choice, but it's acceptable to make the point, you Beelzebub wannabe). However, I'm not really bothering to use rational/historical facts to deal with you because you aren't even at the level where they're needed.

My purpose is to use commonly accepted Xian arguments to defuse your egomania - the atheist arguments aren't even necessary when basic evangelical ones will do. Bottom line, it's a given that you're off-base on the atheist/rational level because you espouse a deity (not to mention claim to be one). But by showing that you'd be booted out of any mainstream Christian church for blatant heresy, I can demonstrate how truly batshit you really are:

21“And then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is [i]the Christ’; or, ‘Behold, He is there’; do not believe him; 22for false Christs and false prophets will arise, and will show [j]signs and wonders, in order to lead astray, if possible, the elect. 23“But take heed; behold, I have told you everything in advance. (Mark 13:21-23, NASB)
18-04-2013, 01:28 AM

(18-04-2013 12:53 AM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  However, I'm not really bothering to use rational/historical facts to deal with you because you aren't even at the level where they're needed.

Ah, a narcissist--the great substitution for Christ. Yes

[Image: veridicanbloglogo149x27.jpg]
http://veridicanblog.com
What's New: Atheists and the Boston Bomber
18-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:Ah, a narcissist--the great substitution for Christ. Yes

Admission is the first step towards healing - there's hope for you yet! Thumbsup
18-04-2013, 09:26 AM
(17-04-2013 10:26 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(17-04-2013 07:29 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Just checked out Ed's website. Ok I get it. He's convinced he's going to defeat Atheism "one mind at a time".

Well don't hold your breath, Ed.

I like your signature. It applies to everyone except Jesus Christ. What to do with Christ--that's the problem.

Oh Ed! Just can't resist an early morning trolling session, can you?

What to do with Christ.......Hmmmmmm.......
I got it........Let him disappear in the dustbin of history along with every other deity worshipped by humans. That's it!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
18-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Hello pot. Meet kettle.

Carlo, I love ya man, but did you really just accuse Egor of trolling in a thread about him??

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post