Egor: About Veridicanism and its view of God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2012, 04:03 AM
RE: Egor: About Veridicanism and its view of God
(03-03-2012 03:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  I think we have truly hit a paradox.

I really do like this kind of... exploration feel that your thinking has got right now. It's very honest and you're not shying away from hard questions. More power to your elbow Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 06:13 AM

God is necessarily monistic in nature.

Human beings must be independent souls apart from God.

If human beings are not independent, Christ makes no sense; morality makes no sense; atheism makes no difference, and heaven and hell of course are pointless. In short, without independent beings, there is no theology.

How could God make a freewill agent? And it can't just be some illusion like a dream. We really have to be independent from God for any of it to work.

But how could God make a separate entity without at the same time contradicting his monistic nature?

This is where I am stuck in my theory of souls.

P.S. Dom, I love your signature picture!
Perhaps you're stuck because you start your argument with the premise that souls exist.
It's more proper to start with an investigation looking to see how the soul can possibly be identified as a real entity. You may find a different way of thinking about things.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-03-2012, 07:01 AM

(03-03-2012 04:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  

I really do like this kind of... exploration feel that your thinking has got right now. It's very honest and you're not shying away from hard questions. More power to your elbow Smile

Thanks. There's an answer to it; I'm sure of it.

(03-03-2012 06:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Perhaps you're stuck because you start your argument with the premise that souls exist.
It's more proper to start with an investigation looking to see how the soul can possibly be identified as a real entity. You may find a different way of thinking about things.

Atheism is not the answer; it's just an easy way out. If I find the answer to this question, which is tantamount to "How does God make a square circle," There will be no stopping the forward momentum of theism. Souls exist. I already have arguments and evidence for that. God exists necessarily. And everything else works (plants, matter, animals, space, etc) All that needs to be known is how an independent soul can come from a monistic God. It's my Higgs boson, if you will.
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 07:03 AM
(03-03-2012 07:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 04:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Thanks. There's an answer to it; I'm sure of it.

(03-03-2012 06:13 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Perhaps you're stuck because you start your argument with the premise that souls exist.

Atheism is not the answer; it's just an easy way out. If I find the answer to this question, which is tantamount to "How does God make a square circle," There will be no stopping the forward momentum of theism. Souls exist. I already have arguments and evidence for that. God exists necessarily. And everything else works (plants, matter, animals, space, etc) All that needs to be known is how an independent soul can come from a monistic God. It's my Higgs boson, if you will.

But I said nothing about atheism. I suggested asking questions without bias or prejudice. How are these the same?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-03-2012, 09:03 AM
(03-03-2012 07:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  

Have you presented evidence of the existence of souls? I have not seen such evidence.
What question is is tantamount to the nonsense question regarding a "square circle"?
Why does God exist 'necessarily'? I see no necessity.

I see no evidence for any supernatural phenomena; the universe looks exactly like it would if there were no God.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-03-2012, 09:12 AM
(02-03-2012 10:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 12:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 12:20 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 09:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  For a compassionate and fair god, hell should be for those who consciously do bad, regardless of anything else.

So, hell should be for you. Right?

well, yes, eating too much chocolate is definitely bad, and I knew exactly what I was doing.

Was it dark chocolate? Like 70% or greater cacao content? 'Cause then it'd be good for you.

No such luck, it was chocolate truffles. Some were coated in dark chocolate (pure deception, the truffle inside is definitely sinful), some in milk chocolate and some in white. They are heaven on earth, and I figure, since I may be going to hell eventually, I might as well experience heaven first.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Gotta say I'm with Chas here.

(03-03-2012 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Have you presented evidence of the existence of souls? I have not seen such evidence.

Ain't no fucking such thing as souls.

(03-03-2012 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  What question is is tantamount to the nonsense question regarding a "square circle"?

"Square" and "circle" are just artificial mathematical definitions. Change the definitions and it's trivial to square a circle.

(03-03-2012 09:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why does God exist 'necessarily'? I see no necessity.

Ain't no fucking such thing as God.

(03-03-2012 09:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  No such luck, it was chocolate truffles. Some were coated in dark chocolate (pure deception, the truffle inside is definitely sinful), some in milk chocolate and some in white. They are heaven on earth, and I figure, since I may be going to hell eventually, I might as well experience heaven first.

Then you gotta check out Dagoba. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
03-03-2012, 05:26 PM
(03-03-2012 07:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  "How does God make a square circle,"

Easy, with taxicab geometry! Big Grin
03-03-2012, 05:58 PM
(03-03-2012 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then you gotta check out Dagoba. Big Grin

Oh my!

Quote:Dagoba's award-winning chocolate collection includes 17 bars made from sustainably grown, organic cacao, otherwise known as food of the gods.

Now I will really fry in hell, eating the food of the gods!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-03-2012, 06:28 PM
(03-03-2012 05:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then you gotta check out Dagoba. Big Grin

Must be pretty good if it's imported from the Dagobah System.

[Image: Dagobah_02.jpg]

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post