Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
20-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Shocked Egor's Proof of God
My proof of God is this:

Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was physical life in it that could observe it, there must have been a non-physical consciousness observing it. That consciousness would be the attribute of God. Therefore, God exists.

(20-12-2011 02:07 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  That's a rather large assumption to just be tossing around. Consider a rock in space 5 million miles away. Say it has never been observed by a conscious entity and never will. So if existence is simply the collection of sensory perceptions, does this mean the rock doesn't exist? Because I can assure you there are numerous such rocks that fit that exact scenario.

First off, you can’t assure me of any such thing. To say so is simply faith. Nevertheless, I will grant you it, because I agree with you. But that rock is observed by God. If it were completely unobserved, it’s existence would have no meaning. All things that exist have meaning. Anything that has absolutely no meaning cannot be said to exist.

Quote:-And another giant assumption to be using as your logical jumping off platform. How do we know it had to exist before consciousness? How do we know that consciousness, time, space, and existence didn't all just come to be simultaneously?

If something can just pop out of nothing for no reason at all, then all knowledge is ultimately impossible. Therefore, I will not assume something popped out of nothing, because frankly, that would be the equivalent of psychosis. And if in fact we are all mad, then none of this matters. If none of it matters, we are better off believing in God. If something can pop into existence out of nothing, ultimately the truth counts for nothing and the sun may in fact not only fail to rise tomorrow, but may just blink out of existence.

Quote:-No, you don't. Last I checked, churches weren't teaching the divine teachings of metaphysical force whose only known attribute is consciousness.

Good point. Technically, it would be an attribute of God that then proves God exists.

Quote:You can't just change the equation of God = ? to fit your needs. God, your God, is a personal, anthropomorphic, telepathic man (made in his image) who sent his zombie child to die to cure us of the disease we got when a woman made from a ribcage ate a magic apple from a talking snake.

Any person with a fraction of logic can immediately deduce that your god is a man-made fairy tale.

And yet, Christianity is growing throughout the world. Check out the latest post on my blog. Even in this age of reason. Even when it’s illegal to utter the word “Christ” in school or have a Nativity Christmas decoration on the very holiday that celebrates Jesus’ birth (the biggest holiday in the world, by the way), even with all that, Christianity is growing. I don’t see anyone converting to Cinderellaism. Maybe you’re out of touch.
That notwithstanding, look how angry you get. Look how you are forced to insult my religious beliefs. Look how you lose control at the very mention of God or Christ. Something tells me you really are out of touch.

(20-12-2011 02:14 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Okay we know that these commentaries on the gospels are mostly written by St. Paul... followed by Timothy, Peter and John.. and of course Luke who supposedly wrote the book of Acts.

Timothy was a letter from Paul to Timothy. And no one knows who wrote the Gospels. The originals are no more, and the names have simply been guessed at and ascribed to the books, themselves.

I just wanted to point that out. Please, continue.

Quote:In all of these commentaries... nobody mentions anything about Mary or Joseph ... Paul has no clue as to Jesus's life when it comes to his miracles.. such as walking on water .. turning water to wine.. healing the blind.. driving the "legion" of demons into the pigs... and he knows nothing of the ressurection of Lazarus... and so on.

Well, if he does, he certainly doesn’t mention them.

Quote:Paul, Timothy, Peter and John in their epistles are clueless as too what was said in the gospels... don't test me in this because I've read the New Testament 4 times over... ... sober... and I was astounded by the errors in all 4 gospels and the lack of support by the epistles that followed.

No one knows who wrote the Gospels. No one knows exactly when they were written. As for me, I was born in 1963. They could have been written in 1964 for all I care. They would still be Divinely inspired, because once you get into them, you realize they weren’t intentionally written. The symbolism, the hidden riddles, the way they say what you need to hear in order to change your spirit, regardless whether or not you can figure it out. The way just a few sentences from any one of them is all that’s needed to reconstruct the entire gospel message, as if someone knew they might be lost or degraded over time, the way they can be translated into all languages and still have the same effect on people, and you’re going to tell me they’re riddled with errors? Why, because you perused them four times? Try again.

Quote:Your Jesus is false... your ideas are flawed... you are delusional.. .. fuckin' Jesus wasn't his real name... back to your studies...

Look at you, losing all your composure for no reason at all. Tapping out fighting words to a real fighter, and yet you’re nothing more than a loud mouth drunk. Why don’t you go sit down before you fall down.

(20-12-2011 08:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Bummer, dude. You just lost your one Theist friend on here.Sad

I’ll survive.
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 02:05 PM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
Can't refute that logic! I'm out...

Joking aside Egor, I'm open to the idea of a creator/god-like entity -- like to see a little revelation other than a book put together by a bunch of backwards-ass tribal nomads then had translated hundreds of times over then cherry-picked by a bunch of misogynists whose primary interest was controlling the masses purporting to be THE word of god almighty...I digress.

My point is all "religion" as we know it is at the core - man-made. The bible and Christianity seek to answer the same questions man has had for thousands of years before it - we call those answers mythology today and chances are pretty damn good that in another thousand years, when jeebus hasn't come back and the world hasn't ended, most, if not all, of the religions around today will be sitting alongside Greco-Roman mythology.

But let me ask you - are you a biblical literalist or interpretist? Is the bible God's definitive word on the world and your moral compass or is just a guidebook full of good parables upon which one should try to live a life by?

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Seasbury's post
20-12-2011, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 02:28 PM by Observer.)
Prime mover argument. Nothing new. Sad

Okay, move on, nothing to see here folks...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 11 users Like Observer's post
20-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I think I have an idea why nobody has debunked you yet. You ignore people like me, you pick and choose what you want to answer, you make no sense when you do and you defend against attacks on your religious views by insulting people personally.

You do that some more and, before you know it, people hover their mouse button over the Reply button and then think "why bother?" You did this before didn't you?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 9 users Like Malleus's post
20-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Obligatory gif post.

[Image: AndHereWeGo.gif]

[Image: 1311620085836.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 16 users Like kingschosen's post
20-12-2011, 02:19 PM
*stares at the weird first post a little*
*thinks about answering*
*decides against and moves along as told so by The_observer*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Leela's post
20-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Egor...

The reason people get angry is because you push buttons. You came across very brash...

1. Just because you can't imagine things existing without an observer does not mean that an observer is necessary.
2. Even if I grant you your Observer God who observes the universe into being... there is no link to angry God who hates atheism and wants to torture those who dislike him, who writes obscure literature for his chosen ones to find.
3. You not only posit this, you add that *you* yourself have your *very own* brand of crazy, where only the gospels are taken as true - possessed pigs and all - and the rest is just "commentary".

Brother, before you remove the mote from my eye... etc.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
20-12-2011, 03:22 PM
What observed God into being?
[+] 12 users Like Ben's post
20-12-2011, 03:43 PM
(20-12-2011 03:22 PM)Ben Wrote:  What observed God into being?

Egor, remember it's always a good idea to stretch before attempting the acrobatics required to answer this question. We wouldn't want you to pull a muscle.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 12 users Like Stark Raving's post
20-12-2011, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 04:14 PM by kim.)
(20-12-2011 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  All things that exist have meaning.

Meaning to whom?

Define meaning and then proceed.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post