Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
23-12-2011, 01:53 AM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
(22-12-2011 10:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 08:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Perhaps in the future we should all make a TTA Pact that we all agree to ignore these sorts of threads since they always end up being unproductive, at least until they reach about page 12 or 13 or so.

The problem is this: we identified him as a suspected troll fairly early, but he was initially quite polite. We all tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, because a lot of us can remember a time when we were that certain of ourselves, that cocky. I don't think it's really possible to ignore these types of threads without eventually excluding a section of the community. For example, when KC first pitched up I seem to remember we had a right go at him (in the Calvinism thread) - if we hadn't persevered a bit, given him the opportunity to express himself and to establish that while crazy, he's not a douche, a valuable member of the community would have been lost...

And even after he started with the insults... we can forgive a few in the spirit of being nice to each other... it still took a while for me to be convinced that he's irredeemably a troll. I don't like the idea of a pact like this...

I think trolls should be left to starve as a matter of course... but in a natural kind of way. He seemed only intermittently nasty. Then again, he did state in his initial questioning that he hates Atheism, although he would never really answer why... or answered my questions.

Dodgy Mighty Christ-y of him. Hate: the new covenant.

Sleepy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-12-2011, 01:59 AM
(22-12-2011 10:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 08:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Perhaps in the future we should all make a TTA Pact that we all agree to ignore these sorts of threads since they always end up being unproductive, at least until they reach about page 12 or 13 or so.

The problem is this: we identified him as a suspected troll fairly early, but he was initially quite polite. We all tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, because a lot of us can remember a time when we were that certain of ourselves, that cocky. I don't think it's really possible to ignore these types of threads without eventually excluding a section of the community. For example, when KC first pitched up I seem to remember we had a right go at him (in the Calvinism thread) - if we hadn't persevered a bit, given him the opportunity to express himself and to establish that while crazy, he's not a douche, a valuable member of the community would have been lost...

And even after he started with the insults... we can forgive a few in the spirit of being nice to each other... it still took a while for me to be convinced that he's irredeemably a troll. I don't like the idea of a pact like this...

You make excellent points, my friend. {Oh My Gee. He didn't know I wasn't being serious. Big Grin}

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-12-2011, 02:15 AM
(23-12-2011 01:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  {Oh My Gee. He didn't know I wasn't being serious. Big Grin}

Sorry Tongue I'm kinda stoopid that way... I hardly ever pick up when people are joking... it has to be what I call blunt instrument humour - about as subtle as getting hit on the head - before I can correctly identify it...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2011, 02:21 AM
(23-12-2011 02:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-12-2011 01:59 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  {Oh My Gee. He didn't know I wasn't being serious. Big Grin}

Sorry Tongue I'm kinda stoopid that way... I hardly ever pick up when people are joking... it has to be what I call blunt instrument humour - about as subtle as getting hit on the head - before I can correctly identify it...

Oh come on, Moron, don't call yourself stoopid.

It's spelled stupid.

Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
23-12-2011, 03:03 AM

I have posted my final draft of what I believe as a Christian on my website. I figured, I should let you all know about it. It's part of my public confession and the platform I intend to argue and defend. It's taken me a long time to get here.
Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2011, 03:20 AM
(23-12-2011 03:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  I have posted my final draft of what I believe as a Christian on my website. I figured, I should let you all know about it. It's part of my public confession and the platform I intend to argue and defend. It's taken me a long time to get here.

er... link?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2011, 04:58 AM
Hey Egor. I can't help noticing that in your post on your website you say you accept the KJV as absolute and total truth, no question.
Quote:5. I believe in the sixty-six books of the King James Bible as the written record of God’s inspired Word, nothing to be added, nothing removed.

That wasn't what you told us. You said:
Quote:I am a non-denominational, non-evangelical Christian. I believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to God, the Father. I believe in the Trinity. I believe Jesus Christ is God. But I differ in that for me, the Canon is the four Gospels of the New Testament. The Old Testament is a historical reference for the Gospels. The rest of the New Testament is commentary by early Christians on the Gospels. So, that separates me pretty much from the traditional Church.

You're a great debater, that's for sure Dodgy

Your entire site is full of bigoted nonsense.

The link (provided by KC originally) is:
http://thebelieversrevolt.blogspot.com/

I do like your final comment:
Quote:If you agree with me, by all means give me a shout, and let me know you stopped by.
I read this as "If you don't agree with me, kindly fuck off and stop making me look silly".
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Dear Mr. Egor, you are not Christian, you are a fundamentalist. Your words of hate are awful and you should be ashamed of yourself. I just finished reading your blog and I am amazed with the things you write. NOT in a good way amazed. Your words are all but Christian, your words are nothing what Christ has told us, your behavior shows your real personality, it's hateful, power-hungry and ignorant on purpose.

The things you write about religion and state clearly show you are not even a patriot, you do not respect or love your country, you want to change it into a theocracy, with the Bible and Christianity as the prime directive. That goes against all that your country was and is founded on, it violates Constitution and civil rights, it puts minorities into terrible position, where the majority (in this case Christians) rule with their "justice" (where a Christian is worth more than someone else). Separation of the church and the state has nothing to do with atheists, it has to do with EQUALITY and civil right that are the same for EVERYBODY, being Christian, Muslim or atheist. If you put your religion in front of some other, then the country looses democracy, it looses equality for everyone, it becomes theocracy. We had theocracy in the Middle ages, that period is now called The Dark Ages!

Atheist never ever said anything about putting religious people in mental institutions, that goes against our MORAL. That is something we have, you don't. You made that part up, that is your paranoia and delusion speaking, plus a huge amount of ignorance.

EQUALITY FOR ALL, WE ARE ALL THE SAME, your beliefs are your right, my disbelief is my right, neither I or you are entitled to push our beliefs/disbeliefs onto other people. If you have prays in school, you are pushing your ways to all non-Christians, not only atheists, but to Muslims (a huge percentage of people in USA), Buddhists and all other. Same thing goes with praying in the Senate, cross in the public buildings, "In God We Trust" on dollar bills, "So Help Me God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, those are all things that put Christianity in front of all other and that makes USA NOT EQUAL for all people. It ruins your Constitution, it goes against the state itself.

Your explanation for atheists and atheism is horrible, you have no idea what you are talking about. I do not believe in any God, I do not believe that I have a soul, or that there will be any afterlife for me when I die. So, you think I do not care for anything and that I am a criminal with no moral. In fact, I am the most moral person that I know.

Look here, you believe in God, you believe in the Bible, you draw your morality form there. I draw my morality from myself, from within me. If you believe in a soul, then you can say I have moral because I have my soul, even if I do not believe in it. I love people, I believe in people, I try to help people around me, I try to make this world a better place, because I am not alone here, on this planet, I want to leave something behind me, I feel love even if I don't know God or his Word. I will not have an afterlife, so all I do I must do on this world and for this world. You, on the other hand, do not need to do everything you can, you just need to follow a few simple rules and your can then have your afterlife.

My point is, atheists are moral people, people who feel love, people who care for other persons and for the world we all live in. Atheists only want to be treated equally as everybody else, we do not want some religion to be supreme over others, and we do not want our kids to learn religion in science class. Religion is for the RELIGIOUS CLASS, science is for the SCIENCE CLASS. Those two can not mix, because they are not in the same classification system, one is material stuff, other is supernatural stuff. If you can not understand this concept, then you need professional help. And atheism does not promote ignorance, that is what the Church does, we try to explore our world, not explain something that is not meant to be explained. We support science and new scientific discoveries, we do not hang to one book as the only truth, we like to explore and learn new things, change old views when new evidence are discovered... Those are the attributes of a person who is learning and evolving, not someone who is ignorant. You are the one clinging to one book and one text as the ultimate truth, you are the one that is refusing to except new things, that you may not be right, that there is something more to that book of yours. So if anyone is ignorant here, it's you.

I only hope you will read this, the whole thing, because I tried hard to be unbiased and to explain some things and it took me forever to write this.

Please, try to be more opened to people, and do not judge one by his beliefs/disbeliefs, that is racism and it is nothing that Christ told us (I was a Christian as well, just for the record). Love thy neighbor as you love yourself.

P.S.
Some of the people who are answering you here are still Christians and some of them were pastors for years. So do not take all these answers lightly, there is seriousness here, there is weight in these posts, wisdom with years of experience in religions, specially Christianity.

Peace, love and empathy!

(I stole this, I know... Smile )

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 8 users Like Filox's post
23-12-2011, 08:15 AM
(23-12-2011 03:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  I have posted my final draft of what I believe as a Christian on my website. I figured, I should let you all know about it. It's part of my public confession and the platform I intend to argue and defend. It's taken me a long time to get here.

WHY!? Why did I read that blog? My head hurts so very much. I haven't had this kind of mental trauma since that time I had to sit in a room with a bunch of twilight fans and listen while they discussed their mindless dribble. Where oh where to start? So many things wrong. hmm. I guess here is as good a place as any.

I'll save everyone some time and sum up this small man's "blog". It is a small collection of deluded, arrogant, comments made by some fool who cannot grasp even the most basic of concepts. It's like he's trying to piss everyone off with mediocre trolling. At least I hope he's trolling because I was under the impression that humans had a minimum level of intelligence. Guess I'm wrong...huh. You learn something new everyday.

Perhaps I should systematically rip apart each of these failures of the education system. To make it even better I'll use small words so everyone can follow along. Wouldn't want to make it impossible for the logically challenged to read this now would I?

First up to the chopping block we have "So long as it's not true".
This goes on about a court case where the evil oppressive education system is being unfair and not playing nice with the good bible loving people because of a the insignificant piece of paper called the constitution.......Did anyone pick up on my sarcasm? Anyways. This is just more logic fail with a pretty court case placed in front of it. The courts decided to not teach the bible as fact because it isn't. Assuming something is fact without any solid evidence whatsoever is pure foolishness. Any idiot who can see that you need to prove something exists first not it exists now lets find proof. Honestly show some brainpower.

For round two we have "And atheists want what?".
Oh look more philosophical stuff with cheap movie quotes thrown in. Always a winner in the dumb ass book. I think I'll answer your question there. What do atheists want? Whatever they want! OMG HOW DIFFICULT! Idiot. As atheists we share the same basic foundation. We don't believe in some kind a higher religious power that's it. What each individual seeks is their own adventure. We don't collaborate on a single goal we just tend to work together towards a common goal due to shared interests. As for the movie quote. OH NO! Without god there is no reason for love!? Ah fuck me here we go again. Love is chemical reactions occurring inside the head for multiple reasons. To put some kind of mystical meaning onto it is akin to holding on to middle age superstitions. We know what it is so stop trying to say that it's something else you FOOL! I almost forgot the bit about genes. I'm not going to explain the entire workings of DNA and genes because such a thing is obviously over your head and you'd probably plug your ears and sing bible verses anyways.

Oh look more fail logic to be found in "Atheist's aren't going to like this".
Do I have to? Really? Dammit. So let me get this straight. Just because christianity is spreading around the world (cough bad information cough) means that it's good? Two can play at that game. Just because twilight is popular doesn't mean it's well constructed with a good storyline. Just because herpes is spreading doesn't mean that it's healthy. Not to mention that last time I checked religion's popularity in general is in free fall in first world countries. Oh I can't ignore this part. Here I'll copy it directly from the blog. "Read it and weep, atheists. We are growing in numbers and you will fall to the sword of truth." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..ahaa ahaha *breathing*............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MAN you're funny! Real slapstick comedian. Sword of truth? I don't even need to point out how ironic that is. Oh man. I haven't ;laughed like that in a long time. Yeah just keep telling yourself that you have "the sword of truth" right up until I stab you with it.

"Kim Jong Ill is dead" A triumph for this world. I'm just disappointed that his death wasn't filled with more agony. You trying to put this monstrosity in with us is insulting and a terrible argument not to mention another display of your grand intelligence. Let's see how you like it. Hitler was a christian so his death was a sad day for christians every where's. That right according to your logic. See how stupid you look? I hope so.

"Christopher Hitchens is dead" He was a good person from what I could tell. I never really paid attention to what he did but he never gave any reason for me to hate him. What I do know is that he did more than enough for this world and doesn't deserve to be insulted by some bible thumper who barely passes as a human. If you're going to insult those who gave no reason to be hated then go rot in a hole with the rest of your mindless sheep. I know I'm fond of calling people trash but it just doesn't seem to be enough this time.

" A higher state of mind".........................Really? Yes. I know! Hit me over the head with that shovel over there so I can be smarter! Convincing your mind that something which doesn't exist, exists is not a higher state of mind but just a childhood mechanism we know as "imaginary friends". Just because you have a really good imagination doesn't mean that you're intellectually advanced all it means is that you'd be good at writing books.

I simply have to stare in awe at how completely backwards and twisted your thought process is. I cannot fathom how messed up your childhood must have been..Oh yes I am indeed going there. A person doesn't just throw rational thinking out the window like that. You must have went to extreme jesus camp or something.
I'm going to level with you Edward and give you some advice. Smarten the fuck up before you have dare come back on these forums. I don't need to be exposed to that kind of idiocy.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 14 users Like Hamata k's post
23-12-2011, 09:44 AM
[Image: jackie-chan-whut.jpg]

I can't tell if he is trolling or serious.

I suggest a huge dose of BIGOTRY-B-GONE and one teaspoon of CHILL DUDE, three times a day, after meals. Remember to meet your local neurologist, make an appointment, 8 a.m. sharp. He will provide further instructions. Have another 5 to 6 appointments for I suspect severe clotting in the neo-cortex.

Now if you would kindly step down from your ivory tower of yours and maybe consider your flawed, bigoted points. Didn't Jesus mention something about love and tolerance, you hypocrite? The previous two posters have indeed laid out some valid points you should seriously think about.

Otherwise...
[Image: AbandonThread.gif]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 7 users Like robotworld's post