Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
23-12-2011, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2011 05:42 PM by jakejakelamasabachtani.)
RE: Egor's Proof of God
(21-12-2011 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Trying to get under my skin Egor? Maybe I should translate my post for you:

You = Idiot.

Debate with Idiot = Pointless.

You know the saying Morondog;

Never argue with an imbecile,
He'll bring you down to its level,
And beat you with experience.Big Grin

As for you Egor, really I have seen better philosophy coming from my dog's ass. At least when he realease its philosophy he feels much much better, but you really seems to be constipated (may I suggest a Holy ointment). You might want to remove that stick you got up your ass and start reasoning like a true philosopher and try at least to answer to some of the question the people have been asking.

I have read pretty much all your answers and the only things I see from you is an attempt to call all atheists a bunch of deluded jerks because we don't believe in your god. You do not really try to understand anything and you find yourself questionned much more than you could expect. Not believing in fairy tale, Egor, is our strengh and believing in fairy and pixie dust is your weakness. And yet you come saying that you beat an atheist? You didn't beat any of us, since from the very beginning you have been monologuing with yourself. Just like many "happy clappers" of your type whom so proud to come with a shoe lace philosophy and are unable to even defend their point.

So if you're so clever what method of philosophy did you came up with? Do you know? Oh well knowing how short of non-existent brain that you have demonstrated here, I believe I should give you the answer. It is called phenomenology... this the study of the structures of consciousness where many existencial question are asked. Just like the one you wrote... unfortunately phenomenology is a very complicated and long process, and I seriously doubt that a "Happy Clappers" would ever be able to find answers to any of those question, or yet completely understand the concept of such study because, their consciousness is altered by a ghostly being that never showed himself to his soooo loved people. Now do not mix phemenology and cartesian philosophy, the cartesian method sees the world as objects, sets of objects, and objects acting and reacting upon one another.

But enough, this is not a sunday school, and I know you'll come back with some happy clapper's non sense, so I might as well stop here.

Have a beer dude and chill out. Smile

Enjoy your God, we enjoy life.

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post
24-12-2011, 01:50 AM
(23-12-2011 01:46 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Ehhhhhhh, so the mod squad (that sounds so gay) and admins have been talking. We (all of us atheists) need to be careful with how we respond to what we perceive as "trolls." I mean... 16 pages responding to someone who made about 4 posts? Which side of this is doing the "trolling?" And now we're talking about his genital size? Egor isn't even a troll. We just chose to utilize that word so we could justify our vilification of him. Yes I know most of you were pissed after he claimed that he "handed your ass to you," but that was like 847 posts ago. Let it go.

I'm not saying don't blast people who deserve it and criticize the hell out of their hole-filled logic. I'm just saying... we need to try to be the decent ones in future situations like this. Thanks all.

...plus according to Egor, if you ignore him he will cease to exist. So you're doing it all wrong anyways.

I honestly think it's because he answers questions like this:

Q: How many fingers am I holding up?
A: Thursday

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 01:52 AM

(23-12-2011 04:58 AM)morondog Wrote:  That wasn't what you told us. You said:

That is true. I’ve had a change of heart. I’ve decided there has to be somewhere I stand. I was wrong about the canon. I considered the OT historical background and the letters of the NT to be commentary, but how does that remove them from the Canon. It doesn’t; it just indicates a difference of purpose within the canon.

The beliefs I outlined, I will never change from. Even if I have to crucify my intellect, those are the beliefs I choose by faith.

(23-12-2011 06:09 AM)Filox Wrote:  Dear Mr. Egor, you are not Christian, you are a fundamentalist. Your words of hate are awful and you should be ashamed of yourself. I just finished reading your blog and I am amazed with the things you write. NOT in a good way amazed. Your words are all but Christian, your words are nothing what Christ has told us, your behavior shows your real personality, it's hateful, power-hungry and ignorant on purpose.

So you, Filox, are a Christian, and you think I behave badly; is that it?

Quote:The things you write about religion and state clearly show you are not even a patriot, you do not respect or love your country, you want to change it into a theocracy, with the Bible and Christianity as the prime directive. That goes against all that your country was and is founded on, it violates Constitution and civil rights, it puts minorities into terrible position, where the majority (in this case Christians) rule with their "justice" (where a Christian is worth more than someone else).

Well, a Christian is worth more than others, at least as far as Christian vs. Atheist goes. I mean we are saved by the Grace of God to be part of the royal family of Christ in the Kingdom of God. You are simply going to rot in hell. I don’t mean that as an insult, it’s just a fact. So yeah, we mean a lot more to God than you do. But God would like you to join us before it’s too late. Even I am an alarm clock for you: something you don’t like, but that serves to wake you up. If you don’t like my behavior than become a Christian and act differently.

Quote:Separation of the church and the state has nothing to do with atheists, it has to do with EQUALITY and civil right that are the same for EVERYBODY, being Christian, Muslim or atheist. If you put your religion in front of some other, then the country looses democracy, it looses equality for everyone, it becomes theocracy. We had theocracy in the Middle ages, that period is now called The Dark Ages!

Whatever, I think a benign theocracy is better than a blind democracy. I’m not looking to overthrow the country. I love the United States and I served honorably in the Military for 16 years. My wife retired from the military. If I thought it was worthwhile I would try to change the government through the constitutional means guaranteed to us. It wouldn’t work. But I would like the United States to have a national Church, and I would like our Presidents to be required to be members of that Church. That’s not going to happen, but it would be a nice change.

Quote:EQUALITY FOR ALL, WE ARE ALL THE SAME, your beliefs are your right, my disbelief is my right, neither I or you are entitled to push our beliefs/disbeliefs onto other people. If you have prays in school, you are pushing your ways to all non-Christians, not only atheists, but to Muslims (a huge percentage of people in USA), Buddhists and all other. Same thing goes with praying in the Senate, cross in the public buildings, "In God We Trust" on dollar bills, "So Help Me God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, those are all things that put Christianity in front of all other and that makes USA NOT EQUAL for all people. It ruins your Constitution, it goes against the state itself.

So what? A civilization has the right to be what it wants to be. If the United States wants to be a theistic nation, why should a tiny minority prevent it? You should have to conform to us, not us to you. But I’m not going to get my way, so stop worrying about it. Of course, I’m still going to try the best I can.

Quote:Your explanation for atheists and atheism is horrible, you have no idea what you are talking about. I do not believe in any God, I do not believe that I have a soul, or that there will be any afterlife for me when I die. So, you think I do not care for anything and that I am a criminal with no moral. In fact, I am the most moral person that I know.

“I am the most moral person I know.” Some lines just bear repeating.

The fact is, you have no moral foundation. You may act morally out of habit, but you have no reason to. You may follow the law, but nothing is inherently right or wrong if there is no God and no soul. That’s atheism. And that’s why atheists are generally mistrusted.

Quote:Look here, you believe in God, you believe in the Bible, you draw your morality form there. I draw my morality from myself, from within me.

That makes me feel so much safer.

Quote: If you believe in a soul, then you can say I have moral because I have my soul, even if I do not believe in it. I love people, I believe in people, I try to help people around me, I try to make this world a better place, because I am not alone here, on this planet, I want to leave something behind me, I feel love even if I don't know God or his Word. I will not have an afterlife, so all I do I must do on this world and for this world. You, on the other hand, do not need to do everything you can, you just need to follow a few simple rules and your can then have your afterlife.

You can do all the good works you want. You will still end up in hell. You won’t cease to exist. You will live eternally. What you do in this world will pass away. You will leave nothing behind that ultimately matters. No one does.

Quote:My point is, atheists are moral people, people who feel love, people who care for other persons and for the world we all live in. Atheists only want to be treated equally as everybody else, we do not want some religion to be supreme over others, and we do not want our kids to learn religion in science class. Religion is for the RELIGIOUS CLASS, science is for the SCIENCE CLASS. Those two can not mix, because they are not in the same classification system, one is material stuff, other is supernatural stuff. If you can not understand this concept, then you need professional help.

I think we both agree on that one. Chemistry is Chemistry, the problem is there’s no mandatory theology classes.

Quote:And atheism does not promote ignorance, that is what the Church does, we try to explore our world, not explain something that is not meant to be explained. We support science and new scientific discoveries,

Oh bite me. Atheists aren’t anymore scientific than anyone else. In fact, I’ll bet I’m more scientific than you in the way I approach things. I’ll bet I’ve had more scientific education than you. I could be wrong on that, but I doubt it. You accept your atheism without even looking at the implications of it. You’re not rational. You’re not scientific. You just like to wear the geek-chic glasses and pretend.

Quote:I only hope you will read this, the whole thing, because I tried hard to be unbiased and to explain some things and it took me forever to write this.

I read every word. And you did a very good job of expressing your opinion.

Quote:Please, try to be more opened to people, and do not judge one by his beliefs/disbeliefs, that is racism and it is nothing that Christ told us (I was a Christian as well, just for the record). Love thy neighbor as you love yourself.

It’s not racism. And if you have rejected Christ, why do you then expect Christians to treat you with the kindness you threw back in the face of the one who hung on the cross for your sins. I’m open to anyone’s opinions, but I’m not going to sugarcoat anything when it comes to the fate of your immortal soul. This life is a blink of an eye compared to eternity. If I don’t try to wake you up, you will live in hell forever. If I coddle you, you will only use that to stay in your atheism. This is serious business as you said, to leave you alone is to hate you. And I don’t hate you. I love you as Christ has commanded me to do, and I’m glad to do it.

(23-12-2011 08:15 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  WHY!? Why did I read that blog?

Because you find me irresistible?

Quote: I'll save everyone some time and sum up this small man's "blog". It is a small collection of deluded, arrogant, comments made by some fool who cannot grasp even the most basic of concepts. It's like he's trying to piss everyone off with mediocre trolling. At least I hope he's trolling because I was under the impression that humans had a minimum level of intelligence. Guess I'm wrong...huh. You learn something new everyday.

LOL I love the way I’m dismissed as an idiot and yet atheists are always trying to argue with me, tell me how good they are, challenge my beliefs, etc. As if their very atheism depended on it.

Quote:Perhaps I should systematically rip apart each of these failures of the education system. To make it even better I'll use small words so everyone can follow along. Wouldn't want to make it impossible for the logically challenged to read this now would I?

[snip an entire obsessive review of my blog.]
Hey wait, I thought I was an idiot who’s opinions are so stupid they shouldn’t matter!

(23-12-2011 11:47 AM)kim Wrote:  That said:
Egor ... I don't think you should leave this forum. Maybe this is THE year for you... maybe you are meant to learn things about people and about yourself. Maybe, if you can step into this forum laying aside your hatred, one day you might find yourself leaving here and forgetting to pick it up. I know the world will be much better off without one more person carrying around so much hate. No one needs hate. One needs understanding.

I don’t hate you. I feel sorry for you.

Quote: I care nothing about your beliefs, yet I understand them. I understand you need your beliefs and are willing to fight about them. Notice I said "about", rather than "for" them, for you do not make a convincing defender of anything. Your tools and skills are ignorant and crude and are no match for an experienced, knowledgeable opponent. There is no shame in ignorance, only shame for keeping ignorance.

Is that right? Care to debate? Do you have a question for me?

[qoute]Suppose I were a King and I wanted to send a knight to represent me -as if I were doing the fighting? Isn't this your belief? Do you not consider yourself a crusader? Think very carefully about this. Would you really want to do your king such disservice -to do battle unprepared- in his name? Learn who you are and maybe you will better know your God. One can not fight what one does not know. [/quote]

Saber rattling, God how I love the sound of it. Let’s see if you’re up to the real thing.

Do you think the truth is objective?

Quote: Shy I say stick around Egor. Learn some things. Learn one thing. All the world is a stage and you are only now a soldier
Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon's mouth.

Dodgy apology for the teenipeeni allusion.

Whatever. Do you think the truth is objective?

(23-12-2011 01:46 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Ehhhhhhh, so the mod squad (that sounds so gay) and admins have been talking. We (all of us atheists) need to be careful with how we respond to what we perceive as "trolls." I mean... 16 pages responding to someone who made about 4 posts? Which side of this is doing the "trolling?" And now we're talking about his genital size? Egor isn't even a troll. We just chose to utilize that word so we could justify our vilification of him. Yes I know most of you were pissed after he claimed that he "handed your ass to you," but that was like 847 posts ago. Let it go.

I'm not saying don't blast people who deserve it and criticize the hell out of their hole-filled logic. I'm just saying... we need to try to be the decent ones in future situations like this. Thanks all.

...plus according to Egor, if you ignore him he will cease to exist. So you're doing it all wrong anyways.

Trolling. I’m always accused of that. I never do, troll. I just like good heated discussions. But if the members can convince the moderators that I’m a troll then they can get me banned and they don’t have to think about how they used to be a Christian like me. I’m salt on a wound—not a troll.
Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2011, 01:56 AM
lol still being ignored.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Friendly Man to Angry Mob: "Now see here. Leave this Poor Man alone, he's done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve all this hostility."

Poor Man: "Fuck you and your mother, Friendly Man! I am better than all of you and consider you all worthless. Furthermore I look forward to your deaths and desire to see an implemented government where everyone is required to believe in fairy tales or be deported. Suck my balls!"

Friendly Man: ...fuck it. He's all yours, Angry Mob.

P.S. He's still not a troll, he's just a Christian. The two are easily confused due to their similar traits; post repetition, cognitive malfunctions, fondness for circular logic, unwillingness to consider any opinions other than own, etc.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 9 users Like Buddy Christ's post
24-12-2011, 02:41 AM
Egor, I find you quite amusing. You remind me of somebody, no don't tell me. Oh yeah that shockofgod person on youtube.

I am seriously amused at how deluded you are. I'm nearly certain there is not turning back for you. You can try every weapon you have to sound convincing. It just won't work on people like me. I was a christian for 30 years. You are preaching to the choir here bud.

I won't have much of an interesting heated debate with you so don't bother. I don't do the philosophy bullshit either. I want straight forward answers and I know you can't provide any that make sense to me. I haven't come across the first comment you have that remotely resembles reality.

You are a legend in your own mind! Luckily it will stay tucked safely away in there.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post
24-12-2011, 03:07 AM
No BC -I'm done. I'm having trouble with my server so this post might not even see daylight. And I don't know where you guys are but it's 3am for me; I'm so bushed I couldn't actually read everything, much less keep track.

Huh What does he mean, "...how they used to be a Christian like me."? I never used to be a Christian. Does Egor think that all non theists are formerly religious? Or only Christian? And... "...nothing is inherently right or wrong if there is no God and no soul." He's kidding, right?

Undecided Give it up Kingsy -you must do the secret hand shake better than him, or something. It's ok; we'll find a nice Jew for you to play with... they're fun. Jesus was one. Shy

If you're out there Egor -I didn't know what "truth" you wanted, so - if you are talking about belief or faith, truth is subjective - it doesn't have to be the same for you as it is for me. Opinions, interpretations, marketing presentations - all subjective.
If you are talking about science - scientific facts are objective as are mathematical proofs; essentially anything that can be backed up with solid data.

Sleepy ZZzzzzzzzzzzz

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-12-2011, 03:25 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 03:32 AM by Buddy Christ.)
I will respond to your posts. I probably shouldn't, but if you're going to keep tossing up softballs, I might as well knock them out of the park until you stop referring to yourself as the greatest pitcher of all time.

(24-12-2011 01:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  The beliefs I outlined, I will never change from.

If I only had to chose one quote from you to discern what kind of person you are, this would be it. I will never change my beliefs. A belief system that is rigid, concrete, and unwavering is going to be wrong 100% of the time. That is why the scientific method; the process of determining facts through hypothesis, observation, and ultimately, correction, will always be superior to the religious method; making a statement and then ignoring contradicting evidence, logic, and counterexamples.

Quote:Well, a Christian is worth more than others, at least as far as Christian vs. Atheist goes. I mean we are saved by the Grace of God to be part of the royal family of Christ in the Kingdom of God. You are simply going to rot in hell. I don’t mean that as an insult, it’s just a fact. So yeah, we mean a lot more to God than you do. But God would like you to join us before it’s too late. Even I am an alarm clock for you: something you don’t like, but that serves to wake you up. If you don’t like my behavior than become a Christian and act differently.

Well, a worshiper of Zeus is worth more than others, at least as far as Greek Theology vs. Christianity goes. I mean we are saved by the Grace of Zeus to be part of the royal family of Zeus in the Kingdom of God. You are simply going to rot in Tartarus. I don’t mean that as an insult, it’s just a fact. So yeah, we mean a lot more to God than you do. But Zeus would like you to join us before it’s too late. Even I am an alarm clock for you: something you don’t like, but that serves to wake you up. If you don’t like my behavior than become a disciple of Zeus and act differently.

Now. Does that sound convincing to you? Cause that's what you sound like to us. And by the way, there is an equal amount of "evidence" that the Judeo-Christian God exists as there is that Zeus and his counterparts exist. Zero.

Quote:Whatever, I think a benign theocracy is better than a blind democracy. I’m not looking to overthrow the country. I love the United States and I served honorably in the Military for 16 years. My wife retired from the military. If I thought it was worthwhile I would try to change the government through the constitutional means guaranteed to us. It wouldn’t work. But I would like the United States to have a national Church, and I would like our Presidents to be required to be members of that Church. That’s not going to happen, but it would be a nice change.

I also served in the military. And my military adventures brought me to a delightful place called Iraq for a couple of years. They are big supporters of your political ideology. In fact, they actually have exactly what you described. And I hear they are just a shining example of personal liberties and civil rights.

Quote:So what? A civilization has the right to be what it wants to be. If the United States wants to be a theistic nation, why should a tiny minority prevent it? You should have to conform to us, not us to you. But I’m not going to get my way, so stop worrying about it. Of course, I’m still going to try the best I can.

A tiny minority, eh? I see you're a big fan of Fox News. For some reasons all Christians seem to think that if you're not part of the atheist percentage in this country, then you believe in their god. But here's the actual breakdown. 15% of Americans describe themselves as secular, agnostic, or atheist. I hate to break it to you but those remaining 85% don't believe in your god. First you remove all the polytheistics (the Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans, and such), then you remove the monotheists whose god is nothing like your own (Muslims, Hellenistic, etc), then you are left with "Christians." ...oh, except for the fact that there are 38,000 denominations of Christianity, all of them vastly differing. And even the people who share your exact religion have different personal concepts of God. So to pretend that it's 85% vs 15% is laughably inaccurate.

And even after all that, remember that majority opinion is completely irrelevant. At some point in the history of mankind, the majority believed that the earth was flat, geocentric, and that slavery was a perfectly moral concept. Need more proof? Lada Gaga is the most watched "musician" on youtube.

Quote:The fact is, you have no moral foundation. You may act morally out of habit, but you have no reason to. You may follow the law, but nothing is inherently right or wrong if there is no God and no soul. That’s atheism. And that’s why atheists are generally mistrusted.

Etc.

Etc.

The rest of the post is so brainwashed and facepalm worthy that it would be a waste of text to respond to.

I'm curious. Have you read this book, Egor? It's the biggest cause of atheism and may lend some insight into the true nature of your god.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 8 users Like Buddy Christ's post
24-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Just as a question about national churches. Didn't the church of England ruin religion for Britain? I always thought that it was the least impactful religious structure created.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
24-12-2011, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 07:23 AM by jakejakelamasabachtani.)
Funny how he replied to pretty much everyone, but didn't even tried to reply to me who gave him the very definition of what he came up front with (so he does pick fight and it's not random, so beware everyone)... That proves that he's not really set and ready to have a real discussion with someone with a REAL background in philosophy. What I suggest you all at this point is to definitely give him his non-existant theory and just ignore him totally. I believe personally that this is a serious waste of brain wave trying to reason with someone that can only see to the end of his own nose. NO one will ever gets to a clear understanding with fundamentalist. They are way to versed in their own bubbles. We are all smart cookies in here, because we took the decision to fend for ourselves, if he can't allow himself to be a wonderful being without the need of having a superior, that's his own problem. If there is a god (and I really doubt it, mostly something as imbecilic as Yahweh, Allah, for which their very name means "I am what I am" and "The All powerful" ) he would allow us to question and he will shuts us down once and for all by showing himself/herself/it to all those skeptics. If Egor can't see the light, it's his own business and he won't learn anything. I am friend with strong believers and even though I bring the contradictions of the bibles to them, they will still believe in that ghostly power, because at the very end they don't believe in the human race achievement, they can't accept that we have been creating so many things including GOD. They are for the most scared of death, even if they'd denied it, that's what they are scared about, because after all, what does the bible promise? Eternal life after death, nothing else.

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as the Dark Ages.
[+] 2 users Like jakejakelamasabachtani's post