Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
24-12-2011, 07:36 AM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
Ugh, I hate the idea that people are probably reading what Egor says and thinking "This is what all Christians are like."

James 1:27
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sharks9's post
24-12-2011, 07:49 AM
(24-12-2011 07:36 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Ugh, I hate the idea that people are probably reading what Egor says and thinking "This is what all Christians are like."

Nah, don't worry too much about that. Many of us used to be some flavor of christians so we have an idea about various christian types. We reject them all, but we don't despise them all equally. It's kind of like the difference between a cyanide poisoned well and a well that only gives you lead poisoning or tapeworms. If given a choice, we'd rather stay away from all tainted wells, but some of them give only treatable conditions, while others might even be worth decontaminating.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 6 users Like Malleus's post
24-12-2011, 07:52 AM
(24-12-2011 07:36 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Ugh, I hate the idea that people are probably reading what Egor says and thinking "This is what all Christians are like."

Don't worry Sharky, we'll still love you if you get hit on the head by a brick Wink We most definitely do not think that this is what all Christians are like. Most that I have ever met or had dealings with (and that's a lot) have been noble crazy people Tongue In any case loads of us were once Christian and retain a special affection for that particular religion.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
24-12-2011, 08:03 AM
(24-12-2011 07:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  In any case loads of us were once Christian and retain a special affection for that particular religion.

That's true, as long as you include all meanings of the word. For some of us christianity is like a pulmonary affection. I guess it depends on how much religion (christian or not) has fucked up and/or continues to fuck up our lives.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 3 users Like Malleus's post
24-12-2011, 08:53 AM
(24-12-2011 07:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Don't worry Sharky, we'll still love you if you get hit on the head by a brick Wink We most definitely do not think that this is what all Christians are like. Most that I have ever met or had dealings with (and that's a lot) have been noble crazy people Tongue In any case loads of us were once Christian and retain a special affection for that particular religion.

I'm not sure anyone has attacked Eyegore because he's a Christian.
It's simply because he's a doofus.

You'll be very challenged by the beliefs you bring here, but you can also say you think the Saints are going to win the Super Bowl and you're gonna get a major smackdown. It's all about attitude, as far as I'm concerned, and you make a good first impression, young padawan. I've marked you down for January 17 on the Chase The Theist Away Pool, so that will be a pretty good run if you make it that long. (KC had you down for day 3, so you're already disappointing several people who put down large chunks of cash upon your date of departure).

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
24-12-2011, 08:58 AM
(24-12-2011 08:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  KC had you down for day 3, so you're already disappointing several people who put down large chunks of cash upon your date of departure.

That's because I collaborated with germanyt. We're splitting the winnings.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-12-2011, 09:00 AM
(24-12-2011 08:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 08:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  KC had you down for day 3, so you're already disappointing several people who put down large chunks of cash upon your date of departure.

That's because I collaborated with germanyt. We're splitting the winnings.

Apparently you're splitting the loss in this case. Kind of like the money you laid on the Saints.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 09:10 AM
(24-12-2011 08:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

You'll be very challenged by the beliefs you bring here, but you can also say you think the Saints are going to win the Super Bowl and you're gonna get a major smackdown. It's all about attitude, as far as I'm concerned, and you make a good first impression, young padawan. I've marked you down for January 17 on the Chase The Theist Away Pool, so that will be a pretty good run if you make it that long. (KC had you down for day 3, so you're already disappointing several people who put down large chunks of cash upon your date of departure).

Unfortunately, I'm a Colts fan. Number one draft pick here we come! Hahaha hopefully I can make it that far! That's a long ways away though.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world"

"Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist." C.S. Lewis
24-12-2011, 09:18 AM
(24-12-2011 09:10 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 08:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Unfortunately, I'm a Colts fan. Number one draft pick here we come! Hahaha hopefully I can make it that far! That's a long ways away though.

Do you think the Colts should take Andrew Luck and either trade Peyton or give him 1 year to get the Heir Apparent ready?

~Izel
24-12-2011, 09:24 AM
(24-12-2011 09:18 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 09:10 AM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Unfortunately, I'm a Colts fan. Number one draft pick here we come! Hahaha hopefully I can make it that far! That's a long ways away though.

Do you think the Colts should take Andrew Luck and either trade Peyton or give him 1 year to get the Heir Apparent ready?

Definitely give him a year with Peyton, it's not like they'll make the playoffs next year so might as well take time developing him. Plus that gives us a chance at another high draft pick next year as well.